Code of Conduct

Default Turnabout's fair play

So.... I've been reading the threads on "which fragrances are best for the ladies" and am compelled to ask the gentlemen here:

Have you ever been attracted to a woman because of her scent? Especially if you felt you would not have otherwise been attracted to her based on looks or personality?

Default Re: Turnabout's fair play

I like boys, not girls; but I am attracted to women who wear Byzance de Rochas.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 4th April 2008 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm a girl who likes girls...& my attention has been drawn to women that smell good in the past. Like, in situations when I'm @ a bar, or I'm in a crowded place. I won't really be focused on anything when all of a sudden a pleasant smell hits my nose. I look to see where it's coming from, & there's a girl I may not have noticed otherwise.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post
    So.... I've been reading the threads on "which fragrances are best for the ladies" and am compelled to ask the gentlemen here:

Have you ever been attracted to a woman because of her scent? Especially if you felt you would not have otherwise been attracted to her based on looks or personality?
    Yes, she wore Dune by Christian Dior, also Shalimar
    Last edited by silverbullet; 4th April 2008 at 06:34 PM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Post Re: Turnabout's fair play

NO! The eye's have it. Windows to the soul. Second nail's, may sound funny, but medium length, well manicured, polished .Everything else falls into place some where along the line.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Two scents have done that for me and both by the same company; Red and Giorgio Beverly Hills.
    I have no idea why!
    Unfortunately, my wife really dislikes both of those scents.

I'm not going to say attracted, but I've paid more attention to girls who smelled nice. Now that I think about it, every girl I've ever had a crush on didn't wear any perfume whatsoever.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

Blog Entries

I can't say that I have been attracted to a woman solely by her scent.
    But there are a number of women for whom the scent memory is strongly tied to their scent of choice. When ever I get a hit of that scent it invariably causes me to remember them.
    Mitsouko is one of those, among many, that does this for me.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Strongest scent memory I have is of an ex when I was in my early twenties. Didn't usually wear any particular fragrance, just had a very distinctive sort of musky body scent that drove me Completely Mad.

Whoo. Get all sorts of twitchy just thinking about it ten years later.

A great smelling scent will turn my head and make me look over my shoulder, so that being said, it is giving the wearer a "second look" if I hadn't really noticed them to begin with.
    I guess in that sense it "increases" the chances of being attracted to them...

No. I've been turned off by a bad scent, and my interest heightened by a good one, but that being said, there had to be interest there in the first place. But I would never expect, nor want, a woman to be attracted to me for my fragrance in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post

I was attracted to an office co-worker - She wore a musky rose scent, it was just incredible.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Good hygiene and smelling "good" are paramount for me to be interested in a woman. 'Looks' don't matter that much to me. Now, if you're talking about long term relationships, then 'personality' becomes very important.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Im more shallow that you all...

If I was initially attracted to the appearance of a femme...she could smeared herself with dog poo and I might think she smelled divine
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe