Code of Conduct

Default Tea Olive in a Fragrance?

There is a plant here in Georgia and other parts of the south that we call Tea Olive. It's a twice-a-year blooming shrub with tiny flowers called Osmanthus Fragrans. It smells like a kind of peach-y freesia. I've never found this fragrance in any kind of bottle. Any of you guys know anything about it?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Tea Olive in a Fragrance?

The Basenotes directory lists 46 fragrances that have "osmanthus" in their notes. Is this what you are referring to, or something different? Most are denoted as female or unisex, except for Cassini for Men.

http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...rch+fragrances
    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th April 2008 at 10:11 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Perhaps
    Tea Olive by Hove
    Olive Blossom by Bourbon French Parfums

Both in New Orleans
    Both have websites and will sell small vials/ samples

I've loved tea olive for years. I just got a sample of the sweet olive and haven't gotten around to comparing them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingleaves View Post
    Perhaps
    Tea Olive by Hove
    Olive Blossom by Bourbon French Parfums

Both in New Orleans
    Both have websites and will sell small vials/ samples

I've loved tea olive for years. I just got a sample of the sweet olive and haven't gotten around to comparing them yet.
    You are an answer to my prayers. The person I want to give this scent to lives in New Orleans. I can just send her over there and get her to try it on.

Thank you so much!