Code of Conduct

Default Aramis 900: The best fragrance for the money ever?

After reading the glowing reviews from a few of Basenotes finest, I picked up a bottle of Aramis 900 at my local Macy's today for, wait for it, $42 bucks. I went in with the intention to only test it on my skin and gave a spray to each wrist and one to the chest. I walked around for about a half-hour before getting into my car to head back to the office. I sat there for a second and couldn't help but smile with the realization that I'd just found a great one for me. Just that rush of pure joy that I know others have experienced. I hustled back inside and happily bought the 3.4 oz. bottle, completely blown away by the price point.

My question: Is Aramis 900 the best fragrance for the money ever?

Retail in mind. With children 6, 5, and 2 years old, my budget for perfume is very limited. Help me come up with some more inexpensive gems, all styles, and please don't tell me things like, "Just save the $120 for Chergui, best money you'll ever spend, etc, etc." I'm talking about somewhere around $60 bucks being the high side. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Aramis 900: The best fragrance for the money ever?

I just bought a 3 oz bottle of TERRE D'HERMES for 60 dollars. It's a gorgeous and unique fragrance. Try Fragrancenet.com, I've found some great deals there (usually cheaper than the mall or a boutique).

Glad you like Aramis 900. I need to order a sample one of these days.

Cheers.

Post Re: Aramis 900: The best fragrance for the money ever?

There are really good fragrances out there for the money your looking to spend. Look up Les Nereides line, great dollar values. I own several Imperial Opoponax, and Patchouli Antique, both are really good fragrances.If you like Vetiver Guerlain has several offering's that won't break the bank, also Vettiveru, by Comme des Garcons,is a verg good Vetiver. In fact beat's some more costly Vetivers Hands down.I'm sure plenty more are to follow. Happy hunting.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Check out the addition to the Richard James EdT thread;.....$15 at Marshalls! That'll be the best $15 you've ever spent. At the $60 retail price, it was well worth it.
    I find Guerlain offering's to be very satisfying and most can be had for less than $60 on the net.
    Scour Marshall's and TJ Maxx frequently. Lot of bargains to be had and their stock changes frequently. Scentedmonkey.com has some of the best prices on the net, lots of gems to be had for less than $60 and of course, E-Bay.

If you like the 900, check out Clinique's Aromatics Elixir, a Clinique woman's fragrance of which Aramis 900 was derived from. There is an incredibly potent EdP version that is everything 900 is but deeper and fuller and it'll last for a week if not scrubbed off. Maybe a tad more floral than 900 but that could be my imagination.

Eric

I like Aramis 900 quite a bit. A good buy at just about any price.

Captain Molyneux is another of my favorites. The reformulated version can be had on the cheap -- like $15 bucks or so -- and it's good. I've splurged for a vintage bottle from ebay, which I bought for about $35. It's deeper and lasts longer than the new version. It's awesome.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

I've recently been turned by another Basenoter to Michael by Michael Kors.

Wow.......great frag and like $35 or less for 3.4oz.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

You like classy scents.
    I suggest you Check out Kiton and Kiton Black, especially the first one.
    Renato

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. LuckyScent has the Nereides line that Ron199 suggested, so I've ordered Imperial Opoponax, Patchouli Antique, and Oriental Lumpur samples from them and I'm off to Marshall's and TJ this morning. Take care.

If you like 900, try Aliage -- it's Lauder's female equivalent to 900. You might also like Clinique's Aromatics Elixir.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

If you like Aramis 900 - try Marilyn Miglin's Pheromone for men.

Tiffany for Men Cologne. I have never seen it discounted, but it's still quite affordable at the full retail of $50 for 1.7oz bottle. And you get the joy of experiencing shopping at the very customer service oriented Tiffany shops.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th April 2008 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Any you get the joy of experiencing shopping at the very customer service oriented Tiffany shops.
    Just for shits and giggles, folks: did you know that Tiffany is owned by Avon? It's true -- the same parent company owns both. (Customer service or not, well, it DOES make you kinda scratch your head.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 6th April 2008 at 02:41 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Just for shits and giggles, folks: did you know that Tiffany is owned by Avon? It's true -- the same parent company owns both. (Customer service or not, well, it DOES make you kinda scratch your head.)
    Yes, but, did you know that Tiffany's fragrances are owned and produced by Chanel?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th April 2008 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Yes, but, did you know that Tiffany's fragrances are owned and produced by Chanel?

I knew that Polge had designed them, but not that Chanel owned them. (It makes a lot of sense, though!)

The Tiffany/Avon thing still cracks me up, though -- it's kind of like the Corning thing (i.e., that the same company that crafts Steuben also cranks out Corelle).
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 6th April 2008 at 03:17 AM.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post

I knew that Polge had designed them, but not that Chanel owned them. (It makes a lot of sense, though!)

The Tiffany/Avon thing still cracks me up, though -- it's kind of like the Corning thing (i.e., that the same company that crafts Steuben also cranks out Corelle).
    Or Proctor and Gamble, makers of Pampers, Charmin and Very Valentino. But, then again, who knows more about skatole than P+G?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th April 2008 at 03:32 AM.