Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: How many in your lot ?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • up to 12

20 15.50%
  • 12 - 20

21 16.28%
  • 20 - 30

21 16.28%
  • 30 - 40

14 10.85%
  • 40 - 50

6 4.65%
  • 50 - 75

11 8.53%
  • 75 - 100

13 10.08%
  • 100 - 150

11 8.53%
  • 150 - 200

5 3.88%
  • over 200

3 2.33%
  • over 300

0 0%
  • over 400

4 3.10%
  • None of your business D ..

0 0%

Default How Many Bottles In Your Collection ?

Hi Guys ,,
    Im going away till next week so i thought a little poll would be nice until I return hear goes .

Ok , By collection I mean
    • Bottles 30ml & over not decants
    • Don't include ones that you have stockpiles of specifically for selling/trading
    • Multiple bottles of your holy grails are fine & to be included in total
    I have almost 45 and I realize I will probable never get to finish them all anytime soon !
    but my interest , thanks to all you here that participate , has since quadrupled so I thank you all .
    cheers ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: How Many Bottles In Your Collection ?

I have around 30 and I am not satisfied yet. My hunger for fragrances knows no bounds.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I had somewhere around 510 the last time I added one to the wardrobe. After the wardrobe was disabled, I continued to get some; now I have acquired about 24 more. I know this is preposterous, but it is (sadly or otherwise) true.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 5th April 2008 at 05:22 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

510 fragrances in a collection, that's scary!

I have 3 but am looking to expand greatly.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    510 fragrances in a collection, that's scary!

Hey c'mon now Lucius .. its not scary its variety !
    Appreciate your honesty Jaime .
    I would be happy with 50 grails & 450 spritzers !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

At or very near 150...:;gasp::
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Started off at the beginning of this year, and told myself never to have more than 10 at the same time.

I have 11 now.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I'm nearing JaimeB's level with around 400 bottles.

I can't tell the precise number until the wardrobe comes back up or I take the time to go through all my bottles and make another list. But based on the number I think was listed in my BN wardrobe and the number of bottles acquired since the wardrobe was taken offline, I think it's approximately 400, and growing!

noggs

I try very hard to not buy a bottle until I have tested a fragrance multiple times with sample vials and/or decants, I have already given away at least 15 bottles to members of my family, and yet I still have more than 50 bottles. Very soon, I think I might start selling some of my bottles in the Basenotes Marketplace and get my wardrobe down to about 20 - 30 bottles. I have never wanted a wardrobe with a large quantity of bottles. Instead, my goal is to have a collection of truly outstanding and exceptional fragrances (not necessarily expensive) that work well with my body chemistry, and I have always assumed such a collection would be rather modest in size.
    Last edited by Rockford; 5th April 2008 at 03:34 AM.

39 and countin'... I'm just at the niche threshold, and I'm startin' to REALLY investigate the decant option.
    I look at what I've got already, and I'm commin' to the realisation that I'm never goin' to finish the bottles that I have now-EVER!
    However, havin' said this- I'll probably keep on with it 'till the money runs out, or I loose my sense of smell (insert blood curdling scream here).
    Anyways, I figure the kids can e-Bay 'em all when I'm gone- who knows, maybe this hobby/obsession of mine'll turn a profit yet!
    -Wm.

70, with one blessed event on the way. I will be the proud owner of a bottle of Le Roy Soleil by April 7, 2008.

Blog Entries

I'm trying not to exceed 5-6. Very odd considering I visit this forum a lot and post here and there. I just have fun acquiring random samples of scents I'm interested in and/or acquiring minis of scents that I do like rather than committing to too many 30+ml bottles at once.

I have more than I thought - 33. Haven't taken inventory in a long time. Just put a sales thread up earlier today to try to thin out my stash. Including backups would almost double my count and I have enough on the way to triple it.

I now have about 160-170, and yes, growing like everyone here.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I don't see a certain Mike from the USA recently here. At a time he had 804 scents, and he sent me a complete list of them, so I'm sure it was really true.

I don't want to have more than 10-12 at a given time. Samples of course galore, but financing a family and a big wardrobe - well, don't go together for me. And, honestly, I don't want to get to the abuse clinic, or to leave this forum desperately -as many others did so- due to the unbearably much time/money/attention I would spend to this nice hobby.

anywhere from 75-80,.....havent given it a count.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Blog Entries

7 in mine.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

I have 131 scents in my collection. I expect two more scents (Burberry London and Tom Ford for Men) to arrive on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    I had somewhere around 510 the last time I added one to the wardrobe. After the wardrobe was disabled, I continued to get some; now I have acquired about 24 more. I know this is preposterous, but it is (sadly or otherwise) true.
    Quote Originally Posted by noggs
    I'm nearing JaimeB's level with around 400 bottles.
    In general I am not a jealous person, but I am jealous at the moment...
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I have more than 30 although I havent counted the exact number of bottles.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I'm not far from 150 now. I'm much better about "sampling before buying" now than I was in my early days of collecting. You live and learn. I intend to weed out some but there will surely be more in the pipeline. I'm rather content these days with my decants - rather than having to own a whole bottle.

15 currently, with three to four joining this month, and i've only been interested since the end of January.

It's in the 20-30 range for me. But then it looks like me and my wife are splitting up, so without her frowning about purchases, I can see that going up rapidly.

More than I need!
    And I am not proud of it.
    It's all just because I find buying so much easier than selling.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I know I have more than 20 that are above 1 oz and that includes 2 decants. Sorry, I do not see why I shouldn't include decants. I use them, I like them, they are more than 30 ml and cost more than most of my +50 ml bottles.
    Last edited by irish; 5th April 2008 at 10:37 AM.

I have about 15, but the collection is expanding of course. I don't see any reason to stop now since I get so much joy out of it. In addition, hearing from friends and coworkers that "you always smell so good" is great

I aim for a wardrobe of about 40 scents, but who knows if it'll stop there. I'll just take it slow, try things first, buy them later and see where I end up. It's not like I'm in a hurry.

I want more than 400 scents, does that make me odd :P? Everyones talking about stopping at 40 or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I want more than 400 scents, does that make me odd :P? Everyones talking about stopping at 40 or so!
    Yeah, I'm trying to stop before 40
    I have 30 essentials (20 niche, 10 designer), and I've gotten rid of most of the non-essentials. The only houses I have multiple bottles of are Creed (6), Montale (4), and Bond No.9 (2)
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Does anyone know how much one generally applies during one day? (I know it's individual, but in general.) If it's 1 ml then I have enough for the next 20 years. Then I'm 57... If it's ½ ml then I'm 77... Actually since new year I've more or less stopped buying, am quite satisfied with that...

I fall in the 20 - 30 category. I have become more careful about what I add to my collection. I intend to pare my collection by giving away to relatives those fragrances whose paths have diverged from mine.

Off Topic: JaimeB, do you have a separate room for your fragrances? You have quite a collectiion. You can wear a separate fragrance for each day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post
    I fall in the 20 - 30 category. I have become more careful about what I add to my collection. I intend to pare my collection by giving away to relatives those fragrances whose paths have diverged from mine.

Off Topic: JaimeB, do you have a separate room for your fragrances? You have quite a collectiion. You can wear a separate fragrance for each day of the year.
    I presume by the end of this year, he'll have enough to change SotD and SotE and never use the same one twice !

I probably have more than 200 bottles, compared to 20 when I joined BN in October 2005. I remember I wanted to stop once I would have reached 50 bottles, then 75, then 100. So far, in 2008, I have bought 15 bottles. I no longer think of setting a limit. Lately, I tried to slim down my collection (a mere theoretical exercice) just to see what it would be like, and I was still left with about 80 "essentials"! I Sometimes, it's not even about the perfume itself. It could simply be because I really like the bottle, souvenirs associated with a specific fragrance, the circumstances under which it came into my life. I like a lot of my bottles for sentimental reasons.

I have between 75-80 bottles now, and REALLY want another 50 which would make my collection comlete (sigh). At the same time, I am finishing some othese frags soon and not getting another bottle. I think 50 bottles is what I really need, and 100-120 bottles would be perfect in terms of having variety, though let's wait till I get there.
    I lately decided not to buy as many scents anymore, so I am not buying them as often, and some of them - are same scents after I finish a bottle.

Sur la Plage

I am rapidly approaching the century mark (95).

But I have told myself I am going to stop - I can't keep buying more fragrances. I have to stop buying fragrances. I have to stop by fragrances....

Oh my God! They're discontinuing Rive Gauche pour Homme??!! I better stockpile. Ooohhh, and that new Tauer Incense Rosé sounds interesting.......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    More than I need!
    And I am not proud of it.
    It's all just because I find buying so much easier than selling.
    I'm with 'ya, man! Each of your points is on-the-mark, especially the final one!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post

The top of my bedroom dresser is completely covered with bottles, and I have a bookshelf with six shelves that are almost completely full of bottles. It's a good thing I try to get smaller sizes; they take up less room. There are a few spots where bottles are roosting on top of other bottles, but I don't like that. I'll have to get rid of some of my precious books to make room for the scents. I don't seem to mind selling off old or outdated books, but for some reason it's hard to part with fragrances, even some of the shoddier ones...

I tend to cycle through the same 150 or so pretty regularly, and the others get very occasional use.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 5th April 2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

If I were single, I don't think I would have limited myself to the twenty-five or so bottles I have now, but being married to a fairly "opinionated" woman, I exercise some self-limiting prudence.

The reason may not be entirely obvious. If I were to engage in such ostentation, she might feel free to do likewise in an equally expensive and arguably irrational way.

I have 858 to date, only French made in a controlled temperature diffused light vault built especially for preserving fragrance integrity. I guess you could say I am a fragrance fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have 858 to date, only French made in a controlled temperature diffused light vault built especially for preserving fragrance integrity. I guess you could say I am a fragrance fanatic!
    You need to get pictures up, asap.

I would like to see a collection of 858 bottles. A person could easily get lost in this maze of perfumes.
    Show us a picture!

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    The top of my bedroom dresser is completely covered with bottles, and I have a bookshelf with six shelves that are almost completely full of bottles. It's a good thing I try to get smaller sizes; they take up less room. There are a few spots where bottles are roosting on top of other bottles, but I don't like that. I'll have to get rid of some of my precious books to make room for the scents. I don't seem to mind selling off old or outdated books, but for some reason it's hard to part with fragrances, even some of the shoddier ones...

I tend to cycle through the same 150 or so pretty regularly, and the others get very occasional use.

I can just picture that. I'm glad I don't have to choose between so many fragrances each morning. I'm pretty indecisive as it is.