Code of Conduct

Default Creed recommendations

I am thinking about placing an order from the perfumed court for some Creed samples. I ordered one of the sampler packs and the only scent I really liked was Creed. A coworker wears a creed unisex scent... she showed me the bottle, which was white and the only one I see that is white and squared off is Silver Mountain and I find it just phenomenal on her.

So, I am thinking this house has potential. Can anyone suggest some scents to try? Female or unisex is fine.

Thanks!

Default Re: Creed recommendations

Silver Mountain Water and Love in White both come in white bottles. LiW's bottle (and scent) is a bit more femme. Other great uni scents are Millesime Imperial and Neroli Sauvage. My favorite femme scents are Fleurissimo and Tubereuse Indiana. Sample away and have fun!

fleurs de bulgarie its a bit more formal though I suppose...

My Favorite Creeds are Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, Angelique Encens, Vanisia and Fleurs de Bulgarie.

The two I have - both of which I love to bits - are Spring Flower and Vanisia. They are completely different, but both are long-lasting and beautifully blended.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

And now for something completely different... Cypres-Musc is exceptional: dry, resinous, green, quietly assertive. It is a masculine scent. It also is a limited edition and thus hard to find. My other favorite Creed scent is Epicea which has a pine/herbal tone. I find other Creeds to be too rich and sweet for my taste.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I'll add one to the mix: Citrus Bigarrade. I just can't get enough of this lemon/citron/bitter orange peel scent.

Wow! Thank you! I am thinking of getting a bunch of different ones to try.

Another vote for Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie, Vanisia, and Tuberose Indiana. My other favorite feminine Creeds are Fleurissimo and Ambre Cannelle (though the latter should DEFINITELY be tested before buying!).

Baie de Genievre is marketed as a masculine scent, but it was the first Creed (and only) I bought retail. Spicy and elegant!

Happy sampling, and please let us know what you end up with...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

This is what I am thinking of sampling. Does anyone have any opinions? Additions or subtractions, etc?

Angelique Encens
    Fleurs de Bulgarie
    Fleurissimo
    Jasmal
    Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie
    Love in White
    Neroli Sauvage
    Millesime Imperial
    Royal Delight
    Royal Water
    Spring Flower
    Tubereuse Indiana
    Vanisia
    Virgin Island Water
    Creed Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse
    --------------------------------------
    I should add that the one I tried that I loved was 2000 Fleurs, however it did not last! After an hour, no one can smell it, it just disappears. Do any of the ones I selected have a similar problem?

I am finding the ones I am drawn to have problems with disappearing and the ones I absolutely find nauseating last and last and last until I have to scrub them off!
    Last edited by mamamia; 6th April 2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Angelique Encens is magical!