Code of Conduct

Default Police Uomo (no not the rock band!)

Yesterday after the gym I was in the locker room drying up after my shower. The guy next to me just finished toweling off and blasted himself with fragrance. It was potent almost old school meets Aqua di Gio.

I had to ask what that was because it was so powerful - he pulled the bottle out from his gym bag and read it to me Police ..and asked if I needed some? I'm all set bro - thanks.

In my research back at the laptop this is what I found - any thoughts on this? I am intrigued of this scent in a cheep sort of way...

Last edited by scentimus; 6th April 2008 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: Police Uomo (no not the rock band!)

I've heard of Police, if you enjoyed it though check at your local K-Mart / Target / Department store.. Might have a sniff myself for this one
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Had it and sold it.

It intrigued me at first, but when I finally bought it and wore it a few times, I started to hate it! It has this weird powdery quality to it that just doesn't sit right with me. Either that, or the powdery quality that it has isn't meshing well with something else in there. I usually like fragrances with a powder element, but those must be more traditional than something like this Police Uomo.

Its a unique scent, but something about it makes me raise my eyebrow in confusion/disapproval... like it does at that picture of Theirry Mugler

Theres better stuff out there to be concerned with...
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

That picture of Thierry Mugler makes me ashamed to love Thierry Mugler Cologne.
    And I could understand Police making very weird fragrances. Their sunglasses are absolutely terrible, mind you, Thierry Muggler would probably wear em.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I am not very fond of this one but I am a loyal fan of their discontinued Naked.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    In my research back at the laptop this is what I found - any thoughts on this? I am intrigued of this scent in a cheep sort of way...

I got it for a Christmas present, and I like it well enough. You can find it at Perfumania pretty cheap. It strikes me mostly as simple and sweet -- I wish that I had worn it more during the Winter, because I don't think it will do as well in the Summer. Do you like C.O. Bigelow Barber Elixir Black? Bijan Black? It strikes me as in the same area. Very pretty bottle, too.

When you found out it was Police, did you have a good quip?

Like...
    "De do do do de da da da is all I want to say to you."
    "Don't stand so close to me!"
    "I can smell that even from... many miles away!"
    "With one breath, with one flow..."