Code of Conduct

Default What are some spring/summer time scents for MEN that actually last 8 hours +?

I would like to know what are some MEN fragrances that are spring/summer scents that actually have great longevitity & last at least 8 hours if not more? I have found that Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male last well over 12 hours & Paris Hilton man last about 8 hours. Creed's Virgin Island Water I get about 8-10 hours out of that. Claiborne Sport last 10 hours. But my Image by Cerruti is gone in about 4 hours even tho I spray that 12 times. and D&G Masculine is another thats gone in 3 hours besides thats to much lemon in the opening notes & im not fond of all that lemon. suggestions please. I like fresh and fruity scents! Im not so much into the woods.. I save those for fall and winter where they work better then.
    Last edited by thatsmr2usir; 5th April 2008 at 06:29 AM.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Blog Entries

Default Re: What are some spring/summer time scents for MEN that actually last 8 hours +?

I love L'eau Par Kenzo, but I've gotten between 5-9 hours out of it. It really depends. Sometimes, it just lasts for about 4 hours and I can't smell it anymore. THEN, sometimes it's still on my skin and a bit on my clothes, so it sticks around for quite a while even utnil the next morning (just a really light whiff). Not crazy sillage after 3-4 hours, but I can still get a whiff of it here and there. Kenzo fragrances aren't exactly tops with longevity, however, so your results may vary. I heard Azzaro Chrome lasts for a pretty long time and it fits what you're looking for. The ones that seem to last for the vast majority of the day are the vetiver soapy citrus scents like Creed Original Vetiver, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Paul Smith Story, etc.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 5th April 2008 at 06:07 AM.

Default Re: What are some spring/summer time scents for MEN that actually last 8 hours +?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    I love L'eau Par Kenzo, but I've gotten between 5-9 hours out of it. It really depends. Sometimes, it just lasts for about 4 hours and I can't smell it anymore. THEN, sometimes it's still on my skin and a bit on my clothes, so it sticks around for quite a while even utnil the next morning (just a really light whiff). Not crazy sillage after 3-4 hours, but I can still get a whiff of it here and there. Kenzo fragrances aren't exactly tops with longevity, however, so your results may vary. I heard Azzaro Chrome lasts for a pretty long time and it fits what you're looking for. The ones that seem to last for the vast majority of the day are the vetiver soapy citrus scents like Creed Original Vetiver, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Paul Smith Story, etc.
    Ok thank you, & Yes Thierry Mugler does last a nice while as well while being a soft scent
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Azzaro Chrome, Kenzo pour Homme, L'eau d'Issey, YSL pour Homme (1971.)... last on my skin more than 8 hours.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Not aquatics, but the following have lasted a great deal on me :

Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir - Easily got 8+ hours out of it, hints of citrus with exotic woods and a refreshing green tea note..it's subtle and terribly long lasting (atleast on my skin)
    YSL L'Homme - Not 8 hours but I can easily get about 6 hours out of this, another great summer scent.. woody with light spices.. I detect subtle hints of mint and apples too.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

AdP Colonia Assoluta lasts a long time on my skin.

Longevity for me has always been a matter of each individuals skin. For example, you mentioned Image not lasting more than 4 hrs...on me it lasts 12 hrs (others can smell it on you while you might not...see if it's the same with you).

I find that to cure longevity, layering and combining is the way to go. For example, I love Burberry Weekend, and if I want it to last a very long time I squirt one spray of L'eau Bleue D'Issey on my skin/undershirt and then promised with Weekend on me and my outer clothes. Works wonders.

I would recommend Eternity summer (any) layered with Polo Blue. It works very well especially for the 2006 summer version.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Post Re: What are some spring/summer time scents for MEN that actually last 8 hours +?

Boucheron pour Homme....Boucheron The EDP
    YSL pour Homme....YSL
    Eau Sauvage....Dior
    I'm sure a host of others will follow.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Green Irish Tweed

Iceberg & Opium are fresh & good for the summer. They'll do 20 hours on me. A cheap alternative is Dana Canoe. Its quite long lasting (10+ hours) an the sillage is brilliant.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

fresh and fruity...hmm... CK escape, paco black XS, CK one....
    Last edited by jenson; 8th April 2008 at 01:49 PM.