Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Russian Leather by L'Argene

I have seen this vintage after shave for sale several times in the last few months.

I have not been able to find more than a passing reference acknowledging its existence.

Does anyone have experience with this fragrance or knowledge of its provenance?

Thanks!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Russian Leather by L'Argene

Wow, that is something I have not seen or smelled in a long time. My Uncle Olaf used to wear that stuff when I was a kid. I remember it as being a rather dry leather smell with some strange spice that smelled slightly floral. I don't know if that stuff is good any more, I think it might be fairly old....
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Russian Leather by L'Argene

My bottle of this arrived this afternoon.

The only difference is that the label on mine has a red background with gold lettering and the figure's outfit is black not red.

I have no idea how old this stuff is (evidently after zip codes were introduced), but it has not turned and actually smells very good. It is 'after shave' strength so longevity is almost nonexistent - but, for the two seconds it is there, it is a superb light leather scent.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost