Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Number of sprays. What's your record?

Mine was MPG Parfum d'Habit, 12 sprays, sprayed all over upper body. It was The International Compliment Day for me. Next comes Polo Double Black with 10 sprays.
    What's your record?
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Number of sprays. What's your record?

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Mine was MPG Parfum d'Habit, 12 sprays, sprayed all over upper body. It was The International Compliment Day for me. Next comes Polo Double Black with 10 sprays.
    What's your record?
    I once knocked 'em dead with Zino Davidoff. Don't recall the exact number of sprays, but it was a lot!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Cologne Blanche, 6 sprays.

A*Men Pure Coffee, 3 sprays. I'm a lightweight.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

6 sprays of CK One as a kid. Nowadays I do 4 sprays of GIT, less with all of my others frags.

Come on we want some two-digit numbers!

I bought a bottle of Hugo Boss Soul on eBay once, which must be a dupe. I'm pretty sure 'bout that.

For when it arrived I gave myself two sprays, could smell it for 10 seconds after which it was just like -poef- gone! So I gave myself some more sprays, five, ten, fifteen... Nada!

Now I know Soul is not the strongest scent around, but this was just ridiculous. Hate to get burned like this.

My record is 8 sprays of Bois de Cedrat.

However, if I take into account how many times I reapply a perfume during the day, the record would be much higher, probably 20 or 25 sprays of Cedrat, and of Extra Vieille.

30 sprays... (all over the body) 2 rounds of 15 sprays with 10 mins in between (90mins before im due out the door)

I only do this routine with D&Gph and Gucci Envy

I ALWAYS receive compliments when im out .. Sounds a lot..But it lasts me well until 3am

Try it.. You might surprise yourself!!!!

Id never attempt this during the day.. or with anything such as M7 OR Kouros

Daytime.. I use 3 sprays of just about anything

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

lol.....6-8 sprays?....i do like 15-18 every morning before leaving my house....and thats not counting the fact that i take the bottl/s with me and respray every couple of hours.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by deck89 View Post
    30 sprays...Gucci Envy
    Err!? If I spray each forearm once with Envy I can smell myself practically all day long!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Ręve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

5 with TdH.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Blog Entries

10-12 with Le Male when I first started wearing cologne again 4 months ago. I pretty much ended up choking myself out, but at least people can finally smell it. LOL. I guess that was my long dark road towards the first fragrance I've ever hated after loving it the first 5-6 times I wore it.

12 Le Male sprays make you the winner.. until somebody walks in with 15 Joope Homme sprays. Anyone? Anyone?

Number of sprays? Not sure but:

8ml of Kouros
    1.5ml of Yatagan
    ~10ml of Iquitos

I can be clumsy at times.

In order to get any kind of longevity from Jacomo Rouge, I used 5 sprays on the same spot, but it worked great.

I own but I seek to swap or sell (all are men's, 3.3/3.4 ounce, 98-99% full, unless stated otherwise; some are testers, most are EDTs): Ungaro III, Vetiver de Puig, Dali's Le Roy de Soleil, Montana (blue box), Fubu Plush, Jacomo Rouge, Samba Kiss (mild chocolate scent), Sung Homme, Pino Silvestre (4.2 ounces), Lomani, Georgio Valenti 101, Samba Viva, Carlo Corinto Silver, Cuba Black Magnum (4.2 ounces), Everlast Original 1910 (1.7 ounce), Stetson (2 ounce splash cologne, never used, glass bottle/metal top), Monsieur Musk (.5 ounce). Paypal or Revolution Money Exchange (get $5 free when you sign up through me, whether you buy something or not). Continental USA for swaps. Seeking Fath's Yang, Versace l'homme, and Oscar pour lui in particular.

Thrax

I usually do a good 15 before leaving the house in the morning. Sometimes more than others. With Kouros I will only go about 9 sprays though.

6 strategically placed sprays of Bois d'Orage when I wear it. Everything else 2-4 sprays.

Smile Re: Number of sprays. What's your record?

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    lol.....6-8 sprays?....i do like 15-18 every morning before leaving my house....and thats not counting the fact that i take the bottl/s with me and respray every couple of hours.
    15-18, sprays of what fragrance? I'm curious.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I'm sure I have done twenty or more of classic eaux de cologne on occasions. Probably also another ten a few minutes later.

I have sprayed Tabarome Millesime about ten times (or possibly more, ahem) under a heavy suit, shirt, tie etc.

I have sprayed about six sprays of Bois du Portugal once. That felt bad.

Most days two or three.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

12 to 15 sprays of Marc Jacobs takes the cake. I really love this fragrance, especially the coconut note, but there is NO sillage whatsoever. Or longevity for that matter. Whenever I wear this I always carry around with me some sample sprays to refresh with. There should be an EDP version. Or the ever-so-popular "Intense" version.

i always do 6-8sprays no matter what. i did 10-15 of le male when i first got it last weekend and still couldnt smell it for some reason... (wasnt fake) was in a car with like 8 other people and no one complained of me "bathing" in it either =/
    Last edited by xclusive; 7th April 2008 at 12:12 AM.

I've done about 6 sprays of Envy and 6 sprays of L'Eau d'Issey...both times I felt like it was overpowering when I've gone into a confined space such as a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    15-18, sprays of what fragrance? I'm curious.
    i dont have anything 'explosive' in my wardrobe so i guess thats why i can get away with going heavy...

the heaviest are probably Body kouros(i'd do 10-12 sprays) Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin(12-14) and Fleur De Male(4-5)....platinum egoiste(7-9).

Musc Ravageur(i'd do 15-18 sprays easily)....same goes for Creeds GIT,SMW, Erolfa, OS,
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

You've got to be kidding - 15 sprays of The Ravageur? Wow...what was your application method?

I do 5-6 at most with my weak scents, Cologne Blanche being one, it stays very close to the skin. Second place is Voleur De Roses with 4-5 sprays, and I usually use 2-3 sprays with things like Tuscan Leather, Rose 31, Black Aoud, Chergui, etc....

I have a tiny less than 20 bottle collection and it's filled with typical sillage monsters. The most I've ever done was with Metal Jeans from Versace when I owned it, can't remember how many, but easily over 10 sprays for sure. I get 2-3 hours max with it.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th April 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I do 5-6 at most with my weak scents, Cologne Blanche being one, it stays very close to the skin. Second place is Voleur De Roses with 4-5 sprays, and I usually use 2-3 sprays with things like Tuscan Leather, Rose 31, Black Aoud, Chergui, etc....
    Yep, that's my usual amount of sprays for most fragrances too.

But 15 spray's, and in general, come on, guys, you can't be serious.
    Last edited by Domingo; 7th April 2008 at 01:11 AM.

Usually I only go with about 3 or 4 of any fragrance, but I did 10 sprays of A*Men, all of which were under a heavy sweater. It was the heart of winter and it smelled pretty fantastic.

Others were 6-7 of M7, Guerlain Vetiver, and Bois du Portugal. Nice experiences all.
    You are not your perfume.

Bvlgari PH - I've done around 15 and it finally reached a good level for me.

CdG Man 2 - probably 8 sprays minimum, and 10 seems best. (Two on each wrist, 4 to the chest, two to the neck)

Tabarome Millesime - easily can spray up to 10 times without it becoming overbearing.
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

always just 1 or 2. if people comment on my fragrance, even as a compliment, i take it as i'm wearing too much. i only want people to notice if they're a few inches away from me.