Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Number of sprays. What's your record?

Mine was MPG Parfum d'Habit, 12 sprays, sprayed all over upper body. It was The International Compliment Day for me. Next comes Polo Double Black with 10 sprays.
    What's your record?
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Number of sprays. What's your record?

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Mine was MPG Parfum d'Habit, 12 sprays, sprayed all over upper body. It was The International Compliment Day for me. Next comes Polo Double Black with 10 sprays.
    What's your record?
    I once knocked 'em dead with Zino Davidoff. Don't recall the exact number of sprays, but it was a lot!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Cologne Blanche, 6 sprays.

A*Men Pure Coffee, 3 sprays. I'm a lightweight.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

6 sprays of CK One as a kid. Nowadays I do 4 sprays of GIT, less with all of my others frags.

Come on we want some two-digit numbers!

I bought a bottle of Hugo Boss Soul on eBay once, which must be a dupe. I'm pretty sure 'bout that.

For when it arrived I gave myself two sprays, could smell it for 10 seconds after which it was just like -poef- gone! So I gave myself some more sprays, five, ten, fifteen... Nada!

Now I know Soul is not the strongest scent around, but this was just ridiculous. Hate to get burned like this.

My record is 8 sprays of Bois de Cedrat.

However, if I take into account how many times I reapply a perfume during the day, the record would be much higher, probably 20 or 25 sprays of Cedrat, and of Extra Vieille.

30 sprays... (all over the body) 2 rounds of 15 sprays with 10 mins in between (90mins before im due out the door)

I only do this routine with D&Gph and Gucci Envy

I ALWAYS receive compliments when im out .. Sounds a lot..But it lasts me well until 3am

Try it.. You might surprise yourself!!!!

Id never attempt this during the day.. or with anything such as M7 OR Kouros

Daytime.. I use 3 sprays of just about anything

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

lol.....6-8 sprays?....i do like 15-18 every morning before leaving my house....and thats not counting the fact that i take the bottl/s with me and respray every couple of hours.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by deck89 View Post
    30 sprays...Gucci Envy
    Err!? If I spray each forearm once with Envy I can smell myself practically all day long!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

5 with TdH.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Blog Entries

10-12 with Le Male when I first started wearing cologne again 4 months ago. I pretty much ended up choking myself out, but at least people can finally smell it. LOL. I guess that was my long dark road towards the first fragrance I've ever hated after loving it the first 5-6 times I wore it.

12 Le Male sprays make you the winner.. until somebody walks in with 15 Joope Homme sprays. Anyone? Anyone?

Number of sprays? Not sure but:

8ml of Kouros
    1.5ml of Yatagan
    ~10ml of Iquitos

I can be clumsy at times.

In order to get any kind of longevity from Jacomo Rouge, I used 5 sprays on the same spot, but it worked great.

I own but I seek to swap or sell (all are men's, 3.3/3.4 ounce, 98-99% full, unless stated otherwise; some are testers, most are EDTs): Ungaro III, Vetiver de Puig, Dali's Le Roy de Soleil, Montana (blue box), Fubu Plush, Jacomo Rouge, Samba Kiss (mild chocolate scent), Sung Homme, Pino Silvestre (4.2 ounces), Lomani, Georgio Valenti 101, Samba Viva, Carlo Corinto Silver, Cuba Black Magnum (4.2 ounces), Everlast Original 1910 (1.7 ounce), Stetson (2 ounce splash cologne, never used, glass bottle/metal top), Monsieur Musk (.5 ounce). Paypal or Revolution Money Exchange (get $5 free when you sign up through me, whether you buy something or not). Continental USA for swaps. Seeking Fath's Yang, Versace l'homme, and Oscar pour lui in particular.

Thrax

I usually do a good 15 before leaving the house in the morning. Sometimes more than others. With Kouros I will only go about 9 sprays though.

6 strategically placed sprays of Bois d'Orage when I wear it. Everything else 2-4 sprays.

Smile Re: Number of sprays. What's your record?

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    lol.....6-8 sprays?....i do like 15-18 every morning before leaving my house....and thats not counting the fact that i take the bottl/s with me and respray every couple of hours.
    15-18, sprays of what fragrance? I'm curious.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I'm sure I have done twenty or more of classic eaux de cologne on occasions. Probably also another ten a few minutes later.

I have sprayed Tabarome Millesime about ten times (or possibly more, ahem) under a heavy suit, shirt, tie etc.

I have sprayed about six sprays of Bois du Portugal once. That felt bad.

Most days two or three.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

12 to 15 sprays of Marc Jacobs takes the cake. I really love this fragrance, especially the coconut note, but there is NO sillage whatsoever. Or longevity for that matter. Whenever I wear this I always carry around with me some sample sprays to refresh with. There should be an EDP version. Or the ever-so-popular "Intense" version.

i always do 6-8sprays no matter what. i did 10-15 of le male when i first got it last weekend and still couldnt smell it for some reason... (wasnt fake) was in a car with like 8 other people and no one complained of me "bathing" in it either =/
    Last edited by xclusive; 7th April 2008 at 12:12 AM.

I've done about 6 sprays of Envy and 6 sprays of L'Eau d'Issey...both times I felt like it was overpowering when I've gone into a confined space such as a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    15-18, sprays of what fragrance? I'm curious.
    i dont have anything 'explosive' in my wardrobe so i guess thats why i can get away with going heavy...

the heaviest are probably Body kouros(i'd do 10-12 sprays) Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin(12-14) and Fleur De Male(4-5)....platinum egoiste(7-9).

Musc Ravageur(i'd do 15-18 sprays easily)....same goes for Creeds GIT,SMW, Erolfa, OS,
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

You've got to be kidding - 15 sprays of The Ravageur? Wow...what was your application method?

I do 5-6 at most with my weak scents, Cologne Blanche being one, it stays very close to the skin. Second place is Voleur De Roses with 4-5 sprays, and I usually use 2-3 sprays with things like Tuscan Leather, Rose 31, Black Aoud, Chergui, etc....

I have a tiny less than 20 bottle collection and it's filled with typical sillage monsters. The most I've ever done was with Metal Jeans from Versace when I owned it, can't remember how many, but easily over 10 sprays for sure. I get 2-3 hours max with it.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th April 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I do 5-6 at most with my weak scents, Cologne Blanche being one, it stays very close to the skin. Second place is Voleur De Roses with 4-5 sprays, and I usually use 2-3 sprays with things like Tuscan Leather, Rose 31, Black Aoud, Chergui, etc....
    Yep, that's my usual amount of sprays for most fragrances too.

But 15 spray's, and in general, come on, guys, you can't be serious.
    Last edited by Domingo; 7th April 2008 at 01:11 AM.

Usually I only go with about 3 or 4 of any fragrance, but I did 10 sprays of A*Men, all of which were under a heavy sweater. It was the heart of winter and it smelled pretty fantastic.

Others were 6-7 of M7, Guerlain Vetiver, and Bois du Portugal. Nice experiences all.
    You are not your perfume.

Bvlgari PH - I've done around 15 and it finally reached a good level for me.

CdG Man 2 - probably 8 sprays minimum, and 10 seems best. (Two on each wrist, 4 to the chest, two to the neck)

Tabarome Millesime - easily can spray up to 10 times without it becoming overbearing.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

always just 1 or 2. if people comment on my fragrance, even as a compliment, i take it as i'm wearing too much. i only want people to notice if they're a few inches away from me.

In my pre-fanatic days, i used to use Abercrombie Woods. It was pretty anemic, so I was accustomed to using 10-12 sprays after a shower. You needed that much just to smell the stuff.

And now folks are paying $200 a bottle on ebay because its discontinued...go figure...

Teddius

I probly wear 10-12 sprays of whatever it is that day. I can't believe some of you never gone over a few sprays. Y'all are members of a fragrance board. You're supposed to be nuts about this sh!t once in a blue.

But I violated in HS with Polo Sport, Nautica, Hugo, etc.
    There might've been some fridays and saturdays when I wore 25-30 sprays.

Sometimes I also go into NM and load up the cuffs/pockets of favorite jackets with like 40+ sprays(no BS) of my fav. Creeds (GIT, OV, MI) no one says sh!t even if I do it right in front of them haha
    These jackets get crazy compliment/snuggle stats for like 3 months post
    F#@k NM

id say my normal spray routine consists of the classic one on each wrist and 2 at the pulse points on the neck, really dont understand how anyone can do less than that. On days where I really want to smell strongly like going out at night or something, I do about double that and start getting areas like the forearms and chest. However, there have been times where ive just dropped like 20 sprays on myself of any particular fragrance... usually clubbing where there is much olfactory competition

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    You've got to be kidding - 15 sprays of The Ravageur? Wow...what was your application method?

3 to torso....2 to chest.....2 to shoulder blades......4 to neck and behind ears...1 to each elbow and wrist.

I sprayed A*Men 16 times last Friday. Initially it was 8 then I decided to change clothes and re-sprayed before changing. Unfortunately it became hot so the sillage was serious but the top notes had calmed down so it wasn't overpowering. I even got some compliments. Apparently it smells 'sexy'. The girl was literally wafting the air toward her nose, taking deep breaths. I wont do it again though.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

6 + 6 of Acqua di Gio EDT under each arm and all my colleagues were keep asking about the sexiest smell of ADG...it has lasted for about 12 hours straight...Rock on...

Cool Re: Number of sprays. What's your record?

Grand total of 25+ sprays of Hermes Orange Verte.
    Counting before I walked out the door and throughout the day.
    Was that a quarter of the bottle? I don't know, but I know re-applying it drove me nuts.
    Citrus are a short lived molecule family, but this was just too much--or too little-- to put up with.

Pity. Loved the smell.

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I usually do about 8 sprays of anything at the very least, I have dry skin and I need that many sprays at the minimum to atleast keep the frag on for a couple of hours. I also carry my SotD bottle to work for refreshing my scent.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Today I sprayed Double Black 25 times. Yes.. 25. I spray twice to the same spot because I think the sprayer is quite week. This really counts as only 10 or so with a powerful sprayer, but hey I pushed it 25 times and that's what counts. I went with 15 to stomach and chest, 10 to neck, back of neck, hair and arms. It projected very nicely (but not too much, most of the sprays were under the shirt), I didn't knock anyone unconscious, and it is going pretty strong for 8 hours now.

Musc Ravageur(i'd do 15-18 sprays easily)
    Goodness! I find spraying twice from the small spray sample I got from Malle to be too much. I remember when I first wore it: I sprayed twice or three times and I didn't think I'd ever wear it again, let alone like it after that little incident... Yay to differences!

On topic I usually use 4-5 sprays of Monsieur Balmain and 3-4 sprays of Creed Original Vetiver. The rest of my scents are 1-3 sprays tops.

AdP Colonia... I tried about 10-12 sprays of it, got a bit overpowering the first 30 minutes, then it turned wonderful.

when i was really young i got a small collection of frags from my father (he had decided his skin was reacting to them negatively and wasn't going to wear them again).

there was this one splash bottle of giorgio beverly hills that i would literally pour down my neck.

i bet i applied the equivalent of 30 creed sprays on one day it was bad.

I used to do 7 sprays of Cool Water. I was young and I was foolish.

Once I did 8 squirts of Kiehl's, but I hadn't washed for 2 days - it was final exams period, I was camping out in the library, etc. etc.

15 sprays of Ravageur is impressive, I have to say; for me it's 2 max.
    Last edited by heythatslife; 7th April 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Michael Kors -- 3 on chest, 2 on neck, 1 on left inner elbow and another on the right, and 1 on belly button = 8 sprays, and got a compliment later.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I've been blessed with skin that magnifies and intensifies almost anything I wear.

Designer: Usually no more than 4. Wrists and neck.

Niche: 12. Both sides of wrists, inside elbows, neck, behind knees, small of back, and slightly below navel... depending on fragrance. (MKK I have a habit of splashing on almost liberally.)

damn! Mine is 6 with Unforgivable... Unforgivable!!! but you guys 12, 14, 15...

Does spilling a 5ml dab on sample of Bandit all over yourself count? I forgot to mention that :P I showered twice to get the smell off me, and had to have the clothes dry cleaned twice before the smell faded (and to think, I aired them in between!)

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    I've been blessed with skin that magnifies and intensifies almost anything I wear.

Designer: Usually no more than 4. Wrists and neck.

Niche: 12. Both sides of wrists, inside elbows, neck, behind knees, small of back, and slightly below navel... depending on fragrance. (MKK I have a habit of splashing on almost liberally.)
    Give me your skin!!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

4 sprays at once was the most I have ever done. I usually go with 2.

Yatagon - 8 shots - tore another hole in the Ozone

OMG, some of you guys must leave the air behind you rippling like the air behind a jet engine when you walk by! Ten sprays has been my absolute maximum and that was with a really light eau de cologne.

No wonder I can't get niche stuff to last on me, I'm only doing 2-3 shots total at a time.

This has actually been a really informative thread for me.

My application process is generally 2-3 squirts at the chest/throat, one in each elbow, and then 2 on the shirt. And I thought I was a heavy user.

I think I can smell this thread from the other side of the forum
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

i dont have anything 'explosive' in my wardrobe so i guess thats why i can get away with going heavy...

the heaviest are probably Body kouros(i'd do 10-12 sprays) Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin(12-14) and Fleur De Male(4-5)....platinum egoiste(7-9).

Musc Ravageur(i'd do 15-18 sprays easily)....same goes for Creeds GIT,SMW, Erolfa, OS,
    accepts facts, you are scoring chicks big time!

10-15 sprays, never acheived that feat so far...but yeh ..6-8 typically.
    Last edited by jenson; 14th April 2008 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    accepts facts, you are scoring chicks big time!

10-15 sprays, never acheived that feat so far...but yeh ..6-8 typically.

lol....well i honestly dont do it for "compliments"....not anymore at least.....however i am used to getting at least 3-4 comments/compliments regarding my scent.....

i think i've been suffering from olfactory fatigue for a while....and my nose barely picks up anything after the first 30 minutes, except for an occasional whiff.....there are exceptions to this rule of course....and those are the fragrance monsters which make their presence very widely known for hours...

I cant even wear Fleur de Male for that reason....even with light application(though i enjoy the drydown), i get a headache.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by quasar View Post
    6 + 6 of Acqua di Gio EDT under each arm and all my colleagues were keep asking about the sexiest smell of ADG...it has lasted for about 12 hours straight...Rock on...
    you sprayed ADG UNDER your arms?

i'd never recommend using any fragrance/perfume/cologne as a replacement for deodorant......Ever.
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 14th April 2008 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

mines about 25 with ck one once while i went to the themepark... it was an enjoyable day!!

Smile Re: Number of sprays. What's your record?

lol....well i honestly dont do it for "compliments"....not anymore at least.....however i am used to getting at least 3-4 comments/compliments regarding my scent.....

i think i've been suffering from olfactory fatigue for a while....and my nose barely picks up anything after the first 30 minutes, except for an occasional whiff.....there are exceptions to this rule of course....and those are the fragrance monsters which make their presence very widely known for hours...

I cant even wear Fleur de Male for that reason....even with light application(though i enjoy the drydown), i get a headache.
    --------------------------------------

you sprayed ADG UNDER your arms?

i'd never recommend using any fragrance/perfume/cologne as a replacement for deodorant......Ever.

lolz, we have similar skin. I have to actually do the same thing for Musc Ravageur or any scent in that matter. So thats why you get so many compliments, lolz.

P.S- so the rule less is more is not really true.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

15 of Orange Verte

For something that doesn't disappear after 15 mins though, 8 shots of Rive Gauche Intense.

Quote Originally Posted by avfcdamian92 View Post
    mines about 25 with ck one once while i went to the themepark... it was an enjoyable day!!
    My goodness, this is so véry hardcore. I'm going to try this, just for effect. Hopefully olfactory overload / fatigue mercifully will set in minutes after application, otherwise how will you live with yourself that day!

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    lolz, we have similar skin. I have to actually do the same thing for Musc Ravageur or any scent in that matter. So thats why you get so many compliments, lolz.

P.S- so the rule less is more is not really true.
    i have noticed though when you re-apply heavy a fragrance on top of that same fragrance within a limited amount of time...it transforms the original smell to become more heavy and musky...

Musc Ravageur can suffer and alter from over-application
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 22nd September 2008 at 04:48 PM.

I have done 5-6 sprays of Live Jazz and Safari. I generally use 1-2 sprays of most things, and rarely ever go over 4. Another 1 or 2 sprays for reapplication if it needs it..