Code of Conduct
    akenep

Default Looking for Fresh & Woody scent that is light..

I am looking for Fresh & Woody scent that is light and not over powering or in your face. I would like something that stays to close to the skin.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Looking for Fresh & Woody scent that is light..

If you don't mind a hint of cinnamon, Corduroy may be what you are looking for.

I own but I seek to swap or sell (all are men's, 3.3/3.4 ounce, 98-99% full, unless stated otherwise; some are testers, most are EDTs): Ungaro III, Vetiver de Puig, Dali's Le Roy de Soleil, Montana (blue box), Fubu Plush, Jacomo Rouge, Samba Kiss (mild chocolate scent), Sung Homme, Pino Silvestre (4.2 ounces), Lomani, Georgio Valenti 101, Samba Viva, Carlo Corinto Silver, Cuba Black Magnum (4.2 ounces), Everlast Original 1910 (1.7 ounce), Stetson (2 ounce splash cologne, never used, glass bottle/metal top), Monsieur Musk (.5 ounce). Paypal or Revolution Money Exchange (get $5 free when you sign up through me, whether you buy something or not). Continental USA for swaps. Seeking Fath's Yang, Versace l'homme, and Oscar pour lui in particular.

L'Homme de Coeur by Divine. Read the reviews in the directory. They're spot on. One of the reviewers only complaint is that it was to close to the skin for him. Sounds like it would be just right for you.

For me, the ultimate in Fresh and Woody would be Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Citrus and light woods. The only problem could be with the sillage. It can be very overpowering if not used in moderation.....sparingly, in fact. Longevity is superb. Just spray it into the air and walk though!

Bois de Cedrat by Creed.

Post Re: Looking for Fresh & Woody scent that is light..

Agua Fresca, by Adolfo Dominguez, is light, subtle, floral,and has a woody drydown. For some reason this seems to be on everybody's pay no mind list.One of the most finest blended Summer fragrances, I have ever encounted. Hard to find,but well worth the search. I can't say enough about this fragrance. Truly the work of a perfumer on top of his, or her game!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

akenep

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Agua Fresca, by Adolfo Dominguez, is light, subtle, floral,and has a woody drydown. For some reason this seems to be on everybody's pay no mind list.One of the most finest blended Summer fragrances, I have ever encounted. Hard to find,but well worth the search. I can't say enough about this fragrance. Truly the work of a perfumer on top of his, or her game!
    This sounds amazing where can I find a sample of it?

D&G light blue

Gucci Pour Homme II

Off-Scenter

Perhaps Declaration, assuming you can deal with the (relatively mild) cumin. Fahrenheit and Terre d'Hermes might fit the bill too.

I gotta say Givenchy pour Homme (2002). It fits your requirement exactly. Check out the reviews.

Iceberg twice. It's fresh and woody but quite powerful. So spray sparingly. It's sweet and very cheap.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

HE Wood.....IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Agreed. I just sold my bottle today though... i'll be revisiting it later.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

you are defining Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black. it's always close to the skin and refreshing first, little bit woody after an hour. subtle and gentle. i recommend it.

Fresh&Woddy makes me think of Cartier Declaration.
    I also second He Wood.

id rec. the D&G that comes in the blue velvety box, its pretty good in the department you are looking for, also has a touch of sweetness but still very light

Some good suggestions already, but I'd also recommend L'Occitane's Notre Flore Cedre. This is a light, fresh, airy cedar scent, and will be good for wear in warm weather. It comes as an EDP, but it won't overpower you.

Also, how about Kenzo Tokyo?

noggs

CdG Vettiveru -fresh, woody, light, seems to fit the bill.

If you want a bit of musk/amber mixed in with the woods you might try Jacamo Paradox Green. Light and fresh, with a woody/musky drydown. Love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by akenep View Post
    I am looking for Fresh & Woody scent that is light and not over powering or in your face. I would like something that stays to close to the skin.

Any suggestions?
    You should definitely try Comme des Garçon's Palisander.
    Notes:
    Palisander wood, Red Cedar, Red Chili Peppers, Saffron, Myrrh.

MArc Birley

Another Adolfo Dominguez comes to mind as well, the original PH, as does Floris JF, though the latter is much more expensive.

How about Monsieur de Givenchy

... and elegant: Biehl Parfumkunstwerke mb02