Code of Conduct

Thread: Jubilation XXV

Default Jubilation XXV

Any recommendations on this one...i saw the detailed essay by Vibert which was quite insightful btw...we have a unique market down here in bombay whr we get really good deals (all original perfumes). the only catch is, no testers available. now, i came to know that Jubilation XXV is available with them for like $137/100ml

couple of things...wht are your thoughts on the price, also, does it come in a white box as opposed to a black one tht i see on lucky scent? please advise...

also, should i be going for Creeds or Bond No.9 instead of Jubilation...if so, which one...
    Last edited by jenson; 7th April 2008 at 07:59 PM.

Default Re: Jubilation XXV

At that price it's a steal (if its genuine). In Europe we would pay 255 euro's which is over 400 dollar for 100 ml.

The chances of it turnin out to be a fake is really rare...neverthless, i wanted to check if they also do come in a white box as opposed to a black one...
    Last edited by jenson; 7th April 2008 at 08:29 PM.

Don't know that, I only sampled it, so I never saw the box. You have to wait for someone who actually owns it.

I'm not really that crazy about this one. If your in the US, I could probably send you my sample.

Perhaps it is a tester.

Many times testers come inside a white box with only simple lettering.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Perhaps it is a tester.

Many times testers come inside a white box with only simple lettering.
    ahh...perhaps thts the case! quick question though Two roads...would you prefer it over any other incense based scnet like montale, CDG...or would you buy a creed...really in two minds...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I'm not really that crazy about this one. If your in the US, I could probably send you my sample.
    Thats very nice of you..Thanks very much!!...but im not based in US..
    Last edited by jenson; 7th April 2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am not pleased with this house as a whole. Therefore I haven't erected a curiosity over this one or any of the latest releases. Mediocre best describes most of the fragrances and I would have a hard time paying anything over $80 for their fragrances.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    ahh...perhaps thts the case! quick question though Two roads...would you prefer it over any other incense based scnet like montale, CDG...or would you buy a creed...really in two minds...
    I've smelled it and worn it once (thanks to a generous Basenotes member) and it is fantastic. It is just as good as a Montale / CdG, but altogether a much different scent. Montale and CdG don't have anything in their range that smells like anything remotely close to Jubilation. Of course the CdG Incense Series are wonderful and perhaps more affordable than the Amouage, but I think they're much different style of scent than Jubilation.

I think your question is hard to really give a definitive answer to jenson...hope my comments help.

I don't think anyone should buy a scent blind. But personally, if I had bought Jubilation blind I would have been very happy with it.

Incense and my skin do not play well.. else i'd lap this up in an instant.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I've smelled it and worn it once (thanks to a generous Basenotes member) and it is fantastic. It is just as good as a Montale / CdG, but altogether a much different scent. Montale and CdG don't have anything in their range that smells like anything remotely close to Jubilation. Of course the CdG Incense Series are wonderful and perhaps more affordable than the Amouage, but I think they're much different style of scent than Jubilation.

I think your question is hard to really give a definitive answer to jenson...hope my comments help.

I don't think anyone should buy a scent blind. But personally, if I had bought Jubilation blind I would have been very happy with it.
    Thanks for reassuring on this Mike! Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I am not pleased with this house as a whole. Therefore I haven't erected a curiosity over this one or any of the latest releases. Mediocre best describes most of the fragrances and I would have a hard time paying anything over $80 for their fragrances.

I have to agree with everything you've stated except some one would have to pay me $80.00 just to wear one of their mediocre scents.

I'm testing Jubilation and Reflection today... Reflection is nice, but nothing too exciting. However, I LOVE Jubilation. It's super luxurious and full of exotic ingredients and they really shine. I really don't want to spend $200+ on a bottle, but I can't guarantee I won't I just went for a run and it's just emanating from my arm and I'm postponing showering to enjoy it. haha
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I thought my Ciel and Silver crystal were 50ML? I don't know if I've even seen 100ML Amouages.

It is an interesting scent, one I personally would place in a category with ones such as Frapin 1270 and Scent Intense, without actually smelling like either one.

Jubilation is one of ther better parfum releases for 2008, and for Aouage the best since Di. I loveJubilation's sweet smoky incense. The only incense fragrance to rival it would be Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory, which is simular in that it's also a sweet smoky incense but with underlying floral notes of violet and jasmine. Jubilation comes in 50 ml. and 100 ml.
    Last edited by nattygold; 9th April 2008 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I'm testing Jubilation and Reflection today... Reflection is nice, but nothing too exciting. However, I LOVE Jubilation. It's super luxurious and full of exotic ingredients and they really shine. I really don't want to spend $200+ on a bottle, but I can't guarantee I won't I just went for a run and it's just emanating from my arm and I'm postponing showering to enjoy it. haha
    Excellent! Thanks for the update!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by nattygold View Post
    Jubilation is one of ther better parfum releases for 2008, and for Aouage the best since Di. I loveJubilation's sweet smoky incense. The only incense fragrance to rival it would be Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory, which is simular in that it's also a sweet smoky incense but with underlying floral notes of violet and jasmine. Jubilation comes in 50 ml. and 100 ml.
    Sounds good! this gives me enough courage! $137 seems to a too sweet a deal to miss for 100 ml
    Last edited by jenson; 9th April 2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you should don't like it you can always sell it to me. I pay you back the same price in €uros.

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    If you should don't like it you can always sell it to me. I pay you back the same price in €uros.
    the shipping charges would cost as much! but hey, thanks for reassuring. with you all liking it, i'm sure i would like it too for sure...and since it's incense based, it interests me all the more..
    Last edited by jenson; 9th April 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    the shipping charges would cost as much!
    I doubt it. But I didn't include them anyway.

However, I'm sure you will love it, it's a great scent. On par with Dia.

Amouage Jubilation XXV is like an improved Bond No.9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory, yet it's more animalic, almost in a Creed Acier Aluminium kind of way. So in conclusion, try:

-Bond No.9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    -Creed Acier Aluminium
    -Amouage Jubilation XXV

And buy one of the above.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances