Code of Conduct

Default New "Izod" ... anyone tried?

Just notice this popped up on the Nordstom website here.

The notes sound very "summery fresh" except for the incense. Anyone sniffed it yet?

Thumbs down Re: New "Izod" ... anyone tried?

It's just mostly generic summery fresh, with a little of that "petrol spice" type of base like a more mentholated Azzaro Visit overwhelmed with synthetic aquatic/citrus smell. I thought it sucked TBH.

Default Re: New "Izod" ... anyone tried?

ewww the bottle is ugly... never heard of izod but it doesn't look like anything interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    ewww the bottle is ugly... never heard of izod but it doesn't look like anything interesting to me.
    IZOD is a casual clothing company such as Ralph Lauren and Lacoste, and also IZOD and Lacoste used to be partners and created clothing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Izod Lacoste was a brand name licensed by Lacoste to Izod from 1952-1993. In 1953, René Lacoste, the creator of the Lacoste polo shirt, teamed up with David Crystal, who at the time owned both Haymaker and Izod, to manufacture and distribute Lacoste polo shirts. The name was and still is used by people who grew up wearing Izod Lacoste and who therefore still use the name to refer to both Izod and Lacoste. The license ended in 1993 over quality control concerns and because Izod wanted to design shirts in France and make them in Asia, while Lacoste wanted to design and manufacture them in France. The Lacoste name was reintroduced in 1996, minus Izod. However the Lacoste company does now what Izod wanted to do in the 1980s, they design in France and import from other countries.
    A funny thing is when I clicked the Nordstrom's link, on the side of the page it says "You might also like" and it shows Lacoste Pour Homme underneath. I have yet to try this scent but I am interested.
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 9th April 2008 at 02:58 AM.

Bought a bottle tonight at Nordstrom very fresh ocean smelling.

As a kid I recall wearing nothing but Izod/Lacoste clothing. The Alligator (looking into Rene Lacoste's history and the origin of the reptile emblem into his life reveals it is in fact an Alligator and not a Crocodile) being a play on my name and all, was my trademark in school. The Alligator is now with Lacoste not Izod but memories compel me to check out this scent despite the scathing (but most likely dead on accurate) criticisms.

Cheers,
    Ali(gator)

ooo interesting.. lacoste is huge now, i guess izod didnt really do as good after they broke up? seeing as how i never heard of it and spend most of my time in a mall i'd try it out(the izod frag) if i see it but the bottle is a big turn off

Izod is to Locoste what Chaps is to Polo.

Back in the 80's if anyone spotted the Alligator on anyone's shirt they were wearing Izod. Loscoste was a unknown name to my vocab in the power 80's.....
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    IZOD is a casual clothing company such as Ralph Lauren and Lacoste, and also IZOD and Lacoste used to be partners and created clothing together.

A funny thing is when I clicked the Nordstrom's link, on the side of the page it says "You might also like" and it shows Lacoste Pour Homme underneath. I have yet to try this scent but I am interested.
    Last edited by scentimus; 10th April 2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sur la Plage

They were pushing this at Nordstroms yesterday, so I tested it.

IMO, it's just one more on the list of the many generic "summer" fragrances on the market that are very boring/un-rememerable.......
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th April 2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It smelled pretty generic to me....like something you could buy at a drugstore....
    Last edited by Maz24; 20th April 2008 at 04:33 PM.