Code of Conduct

Default Any scent close to Voluspa Vintage Tobacco Vanille incense...I'M GOING CRAZY HERE!!

Alright, here is my wonderfully awful problem. I picked up these incense sticks a while back (see title). They smelled fabulous. In fact I liked them scenting my room more when they were unlit because the smoke gave them a little bit of a harsh edge (amercian type incense stick wood and powder/resin). They were strong enough to where I could constanly catch a very light whiff of them from my bed about 6 feet away while they were still in the plastic bag within the box they came in. These incense (Voluspa Vintage Tobacco Vanille) smell like walking into a vast humidor containing thousands of fresh cigars with a couple boxes of sweet pipe tobacco in there, some fresh tobacco leaves that are just about to be rolled into cigars and dozens of vanilla pods haging from the ceiling all while standing on a floor made of cedar. If you can't tell, it is my favorite smell, surpassing all of my frags (I never thought that would be possible), but I now desire to find an edt in the same vein as it. I have been looking into the following

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Santa Maria Tobacco Toscano

I have Le Dandy and while I do love it, it is far too sweet/boozy to be close (although it is the closest I have found thus far). Michael Kors isn't sweet enough. Not a fan of The Dreamer or D&G PH. It really is a simple scent and I might have to settle with just buying the candles and using those. On a side note, I am also a huge fan of the Votivo Bergamot Tobacco candle as well so scent recs simliar to that would be more than welcome. Any thoughts or recommendations guys and gals? This smell has had me enchanted for the last 6 weeks and it's starting to get to me.
    Last edited by Vegas; 8th April 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Any scent close to Voluspa Vintage Tobacco Vanille incense...I'M GOING CRAZY HERE

I would definitely say Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Maybe also look into Aramis Havana (not easy to find - and expensive).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Any scent close to Voluspa Vintage Tobacco Vanille incense...I'M GOING CRAZY HERE

I am familiar with havana and Montana homme and both are a bit too spicy. This is a sweet, soft comfort scent. I am almost afraid to see how expensive the Tom Ford is, gupt.
    Last edited by Vegas; 8th April 2008 at 02:51 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I am familiar with havana and Montana homme and both are a bit too spicy. This is a sweet, soft comfort scent. I am almost afraid to see how expensive the Tom Ford is, gupt.
    I don't know of too many places to purchase it - other then Bergdorf Goodman or the Tom Ford store in NYC. I think the 50ml bottle is ~ $165.

I would order a sample first, maybe from the Perfumed Court, to see if it fits what you are looking for.

Good luck with your search.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am watching a small decant of it on ebay right now (read:stay away from the auction!). If it really is that great then I might just have to do a giant bottle split, should make it a more reasonable ~$100 for 1.7 oz. or so

While searching for a suitable edt...

If you want to smell it all the time, place the boxes of incense with your clothes. The scent will permeate and it will stay in the cloth. If it's for a certain day and not all the time, hang your clothing for the day near the smoke of the burning incense (obviously just the smoke and far away from the burning tip..) In fact if you burn it everyday, your room and a lot of the things in it will be scented with the fragrance of the incense.

Psst.. found this.. http://www.zanadia.com/Voluspa-Room-...duct-4883.aspx
    Last edited by nikkou; 8th April 2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: added link.

I don't know the specific scent of your incense sticks but have you tried Czech&Speake's Cuba?
    There is a sweetness adding to the tobacco and it is quite complex but it may be something close to what you're searching for.

Eric

Basenotes Institution

Yes Vegas, please do get a sample of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford from The Perfumed Court - I think this is exactly what you're looking for. Mind you, TV is not necessarily a fragrance I'd be reaching for in the upcoming spring/summer weather, but if you're living in cooler climates it'll work fine.

Another, even more expensive alternative is Spiriteuse Double Vanille by Guerlain. A decant of this can also be ordered at The Perfumed Court.

The Voluspa incense sounds fantastic - they sell Voluspa products at my gym/spa, I might pop in next time see if they stock this, just to catch a whiff of it.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I would definitely say Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.
    I have not sampled Tabacco Vanille, but I feel the same way about Tabacco Toscano!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Yes Vegas, please do get a sample of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford from The Perfumed Court - I think this is exactly what you're looking for. Mind you, TV is not necessarily a fragrance I'd be reaching for in the upcoming spring/summer weather, but if you're living in cooler climates it'll work fine.

Another, even more expensive alternative is Spiriteuse Double Vanille by Guerlain. A decant of this can also be ordered at The Perfumed Court
    If you're looking for vanilla-scented tobacco: Tom Ford
    If you're looking for tobacco-scented vanilla: Guerlain

I love both. They are symmetric but not equal. (math-nerd talk.)

Cuba Gold is a cheap but well done tobacco with vanilla. Never tried the others so don't know how it compares to them. For a few dollars for a 1.17 EDT, you can't go wrong giving it a chance.

Czech & Speake's Cuba - A bit too spicy and not sweet/smooth enough
    Cuba Red - I remember this being straightfoward and simple but still lacking the sweetness (still a really good scent for the price)
    I might have to add that Guerlain to the list of "to try".

The new "to try list":
    Tobacco Toscano
    Guerlain Spiriteuse Double Vanille
    Tobacco Vanille

Thanks for the recs gentlemen keep 'em coming!

Hi Vegas,

I believe that Voluspa actually do a room and body spray in the same fragrance: http://your-cosmetics.com/p/Voluspa_...oducts_id=1330

Supposed to be EdP concentration. I'd love to hear how it compares to the other more spendy suggestions here, sounds lovely.

I....did not know that! I saw the room spray on a couple websites but they said nothing about it being a body spray! I figured since they didn't carry it as an actual edt (they have some other edts from their line) I was out of luck, I guess not. I will go out later today to see if a local store might carry the spray. Thanks.

I....did not know that! I saw the room spray on a couple websites but they said nothing about it being a body spray! I figured since they didn't carry it as an actual edt (they have some other edts from their line) I was out of luck, I guess not. I will go out later today to see if a local store might carry the spray. Thanks.
    My pleasure. Let us know how you like it, I've been curious about it for a little while now.

Angry Re: Any scent close to Voluspa Vintage Tobacco Vanille incense...I'M GOING CRAZY HERE

I'm sad to report disappointment: I recieved four of the Vintage Tobacco Vanille candles in the mail today and the smell just wasn't the same. Utter disappointment! The smell I loved, full of fresh tobacco leaves with a nice woody element was from the incense sticks, it was the wood from the sticks that was giving this scent my favor. The candles were much too sweet with little to no woody notes in them. The tobacco note is a little harsh and much too subdued. I might just stick to having the incense laying around my room for scent purposes. Don't get me wrong, these candles still smell great....just not the same as the incense. I'll update later tonight or tomorrow, but as of right now (an hour into burning) they seem somewhat close to the incense. On a side note the local candle store didn't have the room spray in stock so I'll have to venture elsewhere and the way these candles smell, I'm not willing to get it blind online.

I'm sad to report disappointment: I recieved four of the Vintage Tobacco Vanille candles in the mail today and the smell just wasn't the same. Utter disappointment! The smell I loved, full of fresh tobacco leaves with a nice woody element was from the incense sticks, it was the wood from the sticks that was giving this scent my favor. The candles were much too sweet with little to no woody notes in them. The tobacco note is a little harsh and much too subdued. I might just stick to having the incense laying around my room for scent purposes. Don't get me wrong, these candles still smell great....just not the same as the incense. I'll update later tonight or tomorrow, but as of right now (an hour into burning) they seem somewhat close to the incense. On a side note the local candle store didn't have the room spray in stock so I'll have to venture elsewhere and the way these candles smell, I'm not willing to get it blind online.
    Oh Boo - most disappointing! I've never seen this line in the UK and had been considering a blind purchase - it wouldn't break the bank so I may do so yet. I was hoping that it might be a budget alternative to the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Basenotes Institution

I just smelled the incense this morning at the spa at my gym.

Nice stuff...but IMO not similar to the smell of Tobacco Vanille. TV is much sweeter and VtT comes off as more resinous, woody and incense (duh) prominent. In addition, I don't think it smells like Spiriteuese Double Vanille either.

They didn't have the room sprays, so I asked them if they stock them, and they told me to come back in a few days.

Bingo !!!!!
    CUBA GOLD "SPECIAL EDITION"

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: Any scent close to Voluspa Vintage Tobacco Vanille incense...I'M GOING CRAZY HERE!!

My problem seems to be the other way round ! I live in UK and have Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille in most stores - what I really want is the Voluspa incense sticks (Vintage Tobacco Vanille) which the first post mentioned. Anyone know of any UK sites where I can buy these - not too bothered about the candles (which appear to be available n a couple of UK sites) as I prefer scenting my home with burning incense ..... They seem to be really difficult to find in UK ??