Code of Conduct

Default Osmoz - websites: modernized and improved

Osmoz presents itself in a new outfit. Navigating through the pages seems to be easier than before. New topics are somehow better highlighted. I immediately recognized the current trend - back to the base: Balmains Ambre Gris, another Patchouli and the growing popularity of perfumes focused on frankincense.
    Other good news, for some at least: H&M has invited Rei Kawakubo / Comme dG to design a few things for them in 2008. And... there is remarkable change in the men's cosmetic line of Gaultiers: from sailor boys to Monsieur Metro .

(p.s 18.4.08: L.V., I hope you will see this some time ;-).

OsmoZ site

As before, this site has information on a reduced number of brands only. If you don't find details you're looking for, more info might be available on OsmoZ - France.
    Last edited by narcus; 18th April 2008 at 10:53 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Osmoz - websites: modernized and improved

I saw the new and revamped Osmoz a few days ago.. wanted to create a topic about it but didnt. The new design definitely is easier to navigate and much more pleasing to the eye

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

too bad the forum community is rather small

Parts of OsMoz may be improved, but I'm annoyed with accessing information on scents. Before you'd find a scent, click on it, and read all that there was.

Now you have to click separately on description/ pyramid etc to get the info.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Parts of OsMoz may be improved, but I'm annoyed with accessing information on scents. Before you'd find a scent, click on it, and read all that there was.
    Now you have to click separately on description/ pyramid etc to get the info.
    Renato
    No Renato, you don't have to. Here is the express way from the Menu :

Fragrances / Summary :
    'Spring into' - page
    Brand name
    : - select
    Fragrance name: - select
    (more options available)

Things have changed almost daily on these sites since I first posted about this. And Osmoz people seem to always begin changing the French site first. Selecting brand first, then fragrance is pretty much database standard. Osmoz may have found Grant's search system appealing, but they went a step further by offering a select box for perfumes of a specific house too! Thus they achieve better speed than Basenotes does. I find it interesting what NYT says about critical bloggers and Osmoz' reaction to that. I hadn't had time to look into theirs. It would have to be multilingual, I suppose?

update 4-21:
    Out of curiosity I now registered to their blog. Except for my banking connections I never got the sixth degree of curiosity in my personal affairs. This is clearly the industry speaking to a prospective customer. And a voting machine. I tell you - they are creating their own star ratings. I haven't found out how many members the english club has. Obviously, the others /French, German, etc. require you to register again...
    Last edited by narcus; 21st April 2008 at 07:45 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.