Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Basenotes' Bandit Day - Saturday 12th of April

On the 'Any Smokey Biker Bar Frags?' Bandit in the EdT formation was suggested many times, and then I mentioned my Bandit Light pour Homme, and then everyone started chiming in and discussing Bandit. It sort of turned into a 'We Love Bandit' convention (as Echerub said!).

So, me, Hoos, Dimitrios and DustB all liked the idea of Bandit day. Bandit day shall occur this Saturday, everyone invited, everyone can post their impressions of the concentration they wear (EdT, EdP, EdT Vintage, EdP Vintage, EdT for Men or the Parfum - or any others, if you've got them!) Everyone Invited!

Default Re: Basenotes' Bandit Day - Saturday 12th of April

As I got new Bandit EDP and vintage perfume, I`ll add to your BBD
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Wicked, i'm not sure if i'll wear the EdP of the PH Light.

I think i'm going with EdP in the day, PH light to a party at night

Blog Entries

You know I'm in!

I like Vivek's suggestion, too, and may copy him. The EdP seems like it's doable on a weekend day with the Pour Homme Light being appropriate to the evening.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I don't have Bandit Will Michael Germain's Sexual do

I've a decant of Bandit, not sure if I got the EdT or EdP or what but I'm game!

I remember wearing it once and it made me feel like a badass.

Ohhhh my goodness. Dilemma dilemma. I want to join in, and I'd be using Bandit EDT. However, I've got a dance performance event in the afternoon and evening and I do not want Bandit getting out of control on me as I start to warm up.

Hmm... but I do want to participate in this, y'see?

Alright. I'm in. But I will have to go with a 1-spray wrist application of Bandit in the morning I've got to keep Bandit a little tamer than it might otherwise become
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

Well guys, lets wear our Bandit with pride! It would be fun to hear about any gals joining in too And what they'll be wearing (Perfume wise..ofc!)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm in! Just posted to the SotD thread for Saturday, April 12.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

You are terrible, guys. Such a short notice...
    Well - it will be a last drop for me and I put Bandit defenitely into my wishlist together with Fracas (as an Sweet Angel against a Black Devil Bandit).

Sorry, Can't join the Bandit Day - no Bandit and did plan something else for today. But just to feel the sfeer I will wear his little sister - Cabochard by Gres tomorrow. Untill I get the evil brother it's the only option.

Are there other people too thinking of Bandit and Cabochard as of brother and sister?
    Last edited by AromaX; 12th April 2008 at 04:46 PM.

It was announced earlier, but no interest.

I've sprayed on some EdP and just went to buy bread, my local news agents jokingly asked me if i'd been drinking

I am quite far away from my Bandit right now .

Are we talking a specific Bandit? I'll wear Robert Piguet's Bandit to join in if that counts .

Oh no! Where was I when people were planning this?

Ok will wear Bandit as SotE

Jillsy, it wasn't too popular, but i'm basking in the ambience of Bandit, and will be doing so in the Bandit Light pour Homme later tonight

Mr Golem, yes, Robert Piguets!!

Have fun everyone, and remember to discuss at the end of it ;D

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    As I got new Bandit EDP and vintage perfume, I`ll add to your BBD
    Moon Fish, that sounds wonderful! You are the only person I know of who can compare these two versions. By 'new' I suppose you are talking of the recent French relaunch? I only have a pale memory of the vintage Bandit, but it has been my reference, when I sampled the EDT and EDP versions of Bandit from the US. As you can perhaps imagine, I haven't been fully convinced by those recreations. If I have missed how you see the ones you own now, please link us to that. Also I wonder of course, how the recent French products compare to the ones they imported from the US until recently.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Vivek, I just sent a PM to you with the history behind the creation of Bandit, hope you enjoy it.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I changed for Bandit EdT before a shopping tour at the local supermarkets. I can't remember a full wearing of this, although I have a completely full 100ml bottle of this, so I guess it has to be the first time full wearing. No, it's not shy, especially not after four sprays on the neck.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I'm in the edp today. I thought it would be better for the warm, very humid day with occasional showers. It's thickness will feel more in place than the dryness of the edt I have. The fact that I found the edp bottle first this morning helped the decision too.

Man this stuff is wonderful. It seems so different from things I've worn for months. What a delight to be able to change your smell so much.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Wearing the EdT, on spray to the neck/chest area. Woowhee.

I'm at work doing some overtime. No one else is here to enjoy my potent pugnacity. Going to get a haircut later today. Let's see what the barber says!

OK, I put on my Bandit edp sample a couple of hours ago. For me, it is not what I like to wear. The leather note comes off acidic...like if you sit on hot leather car seats and start sweating...yeah, that's not too pretty. Noteably, I don't wear notes of leather with much success, the only one I've found bottleworthy is Lutens Daim Blond. But, then again, that's not REAL leather...it's a bit fruity sweet, soft suede.

There is a green floral character evident in Bandit's opening. It is steely and woody to my nose...strange. I prefer Chanel's #19 or maybe even Lauren's Safari for a green floral character - probably because they don't have the leather note!

All in all, Bandit is a timeless classic...a green floral, woody, leather chypre...worthy of at least a try. Come to think of it, I might enjoy this one on my husband..."Hey, Bob....pull up your sleeve..."

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    OK, The leather note comes off acidic...like if you sit on hot leather car seats and start sweating...yeah, that's not too pretty.
    Yes, but is it Fine Corinthian Leather? Ricardo wants to know as well
    Last edited by silverbullet; 12th April 2008 at 06:09 PM.

Question Re: Basenotes' Bandit Day - Saturday 12th of April

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Yes, but is it Fine Corinthian Leather? Ricardo wants to know as well
    Is there such a thing as Corinthian Leather???

Is there such a thing as Corinthian Leather???
    I think Ricardo Monteban said they used to put it the old Chryslers, ooops.. that's before your time My bad...

No such thing...has since come to designate leather with a vinyl surface treatment that requires little care)

http://archshrk.com/2006/05/ricardo-...nthian-leather
    Last edited by silverbullet; 12th April 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    I told him the story behind the creation of Bandit which he didn't know...........hope it doesn't put you off it...LOL! Germaine Cellier who created it, was a lesbian. When she was in the process of creating Bandit, she was wanting inspiration for it. She sat at the end of the catwalk at one of RP's fashion shows and as the models exited the stage, she got them to take off their knickers and buried her nose in them. That is the true story of Bandit's creation. Sorry if I have put you off your lunch...LOL!
    That is the story.

Talking Re: Basenotes' Bandit Day - Saturday 12th of April

I think Ricardo Monteban said they used to put it the old Chryslers, ooops.. that's before your time My bad...

No such thing...has since come to designate leather with a vinyl surface treatment that requires little care)

http://archshrk.com/2006/05/ricardo-...nthian-leather
    Cool link! I loved seeing that ad...
    Before my time? Nah, I remember the commercials! I just thought he made up the 'rich Corinthian' part! So, while I'm uncertain of the leather, I can confirm: The sweat is most definitely 'not so rich, middle-aged, mid-western woman'!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 12th April 2008 at 09:02 PM.

Before my time? Nah, I remember the commercials! I just did'nt know if he made up the 'rich Corinthian' part or if it was real!!! So, while I'm uncertain of the leather, I can confirm the sweat is 'not so rich, middle-aged, mid-western woman'!
    I apoligize, I meant no harm

Talking Re: Basenotes' Bandit Day - Saturday 12th of April

I apoligize, I meant no harm
    Apologize for what?

I have a great sense of humor....maybe it's not coming across...

I'm 'getting' your humor silverbullet ~ and enjoying it too!!!

Apologize for what?

I have a great sense of humor....maybe it's not coming across...

I'm 'getting' your humor silverbullet ~ and enjoying it too!!!
    No, I'm sorry you're a "not so rich" woman If you consider Chicago midwestern, then jump in the boat

Now look what you did, hijacked the topic again
    Last edited by silverbullet; 12th April 2008 at 09:29 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post

Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    I told him the story behind the creation of Bandit which he didn't know...........hope it doesn't put you off it...LOL! Germaine Cellier who created it, was a lesbian. When she was in the process of creating Bandit, she was wanting inspiration for it. She sat at the end of the catwalk at one of RP's fashion shows and as the models exited the stage, she got them to take off their knickers and buried her nose in them. That is the true story of Bandit's creation. Sorry if I have put you off your lunch...LOL!

That is the story.
    Well now..I always knew there would be a reason I wanted to become a perfumer..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Well I'm not wearing Bandit because I used up my sample months ago, but the first time I wore it I thought it reminded me of leather clothing (pants) - the leather note kind of slaps you in the face, doesn't it? I think I enjoyed it so much because it was slightly greener than Tabac Blond and it smells great even in the warm Miami weather.

I really do enjoy some of my other leather scents more (Tuscan Leather by T Ford, Dzing by L'Artisan, Nostalgia...) but Bandit is one of those scents I will always have a lot of respect for.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th April 2008 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Well now..I always knew there would be a reason I wanted to become a perfumer..
    I wonder if "Kingdom" came to be under similiar circumstances

My EdT has not arrived yet so am wearing the EdP, which I like more every time I wear it.

I was worried about wearing it in the warm weather, but it is behaving nicely. I actually wish I had sprayed a little more, but I won't mess with the development at this point.

Cabochard definitely has a family resemblance, there is one BN'er who once posted that she was wearing Bandit on one arm and Cabochard on the other. I intend to try this sometime.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I like Cabochard as well, but it's definitely restrained compared to Bandit. Polished and elegant, as it were. When I first tried Cabochard, probably back in the autumn, I liked it quite a bit. In the winter, it was very weak. So, at least on me, Cabochard might be my summer go-to for something a little sweet and smoky but which just loses all its charm in the cold weather.

I have another summer favorite for downright ashy, though. Monsieur Balmain, after the lemony notes dissipate, is very ashy for me - and in a good way.

I wonder how Bandit will do in the heat of summer... I don't think I had my Bandit yet last summer
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

Geez O Pete's! I miss one day of Basenotes and look what happens. I only have 45 minutes left to participate in Bandit day. I am spraying it now. mmmm that's good. I'm going to have my own Bandit day tomorrow. I have the EDP. Bandit is definitely on my faves list.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Basenotes' Bandit Day - Saturday 12th of April

Wow! Some interesting stuff above. I love that snippet of story about how Bandit came about.

Since some folks missed out, maybe we should schedule another one? The weather here was so hot (90 deg. F) yesterday that it probably affected my experience (as compared to my try out as described Here). Here's my experience from Bandit Day:

Bandit EdP (daytime): After the initial sweetness, nice light leather. One spritz to the chest. Received a couple of nice comments while out and about (nothing strenuous - some marketing, an auction, lunch). During the first couple of hours. Then it turned. Bad. I couldn't stand the aromatic of my sweat+Bandit. ubuandibeme's mention of sweating on a leather seat in a hot car is close. Add in "after drinking a 5th of rotgut vodka and smoking half a pack of Swisher Sweets" and you'll have an idea of how I smelled (my apologies to the faint of nose). Shower time after four hours of wearing it.

Bandit Pour Homme Light (night): Applied at 9:00 p.m. for a night out. Black leather, hint of smoke, stayed close to the skin for the most part. Late dinner and then dancing. One spritz to the chest, a couple of dabs on the lower neck. Crowded bar, warm night, lots of heat. Great scent. Power, masculinity, pay attention to me in an almost-dirty dockworker with a leather fetish kind of way. Great reactions from folks to the scent. One of which lead to a date for today.

Bandit EdT would seem to be a better cooler weather/evening scent, but it's definitely a "light" version of what I had in mind.

Bandit Pour Homme Light was what I had in mind. And for a specific purpose. It seems to fit that bill nicely. Not an every day frag. Not an every weekend frag. But it has its place.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Wow! Some interesting stuff above. I love that snippet of story about how Bandit came about.

Since some folks missed out, maybe we should schedule another one? The weather here was so hot (90 deg. F) yesterday that it probably affected my experience (as compared to my try out as described Here). Here's my experience from Bandit Day:

Bandit EdP (daytime): After the initial sweetness, nice light leather. One spritz to the chest. Received a couple of nice comments while out and about (nothing strenuous - some marketing, an auction, lunch). During the first couple of hours. Then it turned. Bad. I couldn't stand the aromatic of my sweat+Bandit. ubuandibeme's mention of sweating on a leather seat in a hot car is close. Add in "after drinking a 5th of rotgut vodka and smoking half a pack of Swisher Sweets" and you'll have an idea of how I smelled (my apologies to the faint of nose). Shower time after four hours of wearing it.

Bandit Pour Homme Light (night): Applied at 9:00 p.m. for a night out. Black leather, hint of smoke, stayed close to the skin for the most part. Late dinner and then dancing. One spritz to the chest, a couple of dabs on the lower neck. Crowded bar, warm night, lots of heat. Great scent. Power, masculinity, pay attention to me in an almost-dirty dockworker with a leather fetish kind of way. Great reactions from folks to the scent. One of which lead to a date for today.

Bandit EdT would seem to be a better cooler weather/evening scent, but it's definitely a "light" version of what I had in mind.

Bandit Pour Homme Light was what I had in mind. And for a specific purpose. It seems to fit that bill nicely. Not an every day frag. Not an every weekend frag. But it has its place.
    Couldn't have put it better myself Hoos, but I don't think I can have another Bandit day for say, another month. You're right about it having it's time and place I own the Light, and a generous decant of the EdP, i'm going to get my grubby mits on the EdT soon and I'd like to sample the parfum

Which Bandit is the most popular here? The Eau de Parfum?