Code of Conduct

Thumbs up The Smell of A&F Stores

Has anyone noticed that all Abercrombie & Fitch stores smell the same? And it so happens that I like how it smells very, very much. I would love my apartment to smell like that. Does anyone know if A&F is actually pumping the air in their stores with some air fragrance as part of their branding and imaging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Smell of A&F Stores

every morning the employees positively drench the place in "Ezra", their $90 high-end frag. I'm told this is the least popular job in the place, because you are spraying something like 100 times in under 5 minutes. They have to do it like a half hour to an hour before doors open, because its so uneareable at first (how else would it last until closing though?) Managers and employees with more seniority always manage to be in the back doing inventory or something like that while this unpleasant task is underway.
    Last edited by Joel_Cairo; 24th March 2007 at 11:13 PM.

You're right! I did a search for Ezra Fitch cologne to see if any e-tailers are selling it at a discount. I found several discussion boards instead where A&F employees are comlaining that it makes them choke whenever their manager sprays the store with A&F colognes. One said they do it several times per day. I guess some of them sticks to the clothes they are selling which is why it lasts all day. I have to stop by a store and try Ezra Fitch myself. Thanks for your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Before PROOF came out, they drenched the store in FIERCE every morning with a more potent, concentraited form that comes in a big spray bottle thats marked with which fragrance is in there. Now, they just use PROOF.

A while back I heard a guy from the home office talking about automatic sprayer systems that automatically spray the store so the impact team dosn't have to leave the store reeking of FIERCE.

When FIERCE was only $32 bucks for a 1.7 oz bottle I bought two and used them as a room spray...

They spray the mannequins too. When they were dousing Fierce on everything you couldn't keep me out of that store. So I bought a bottle and doused my husband too. When they switched to Proof I don't find myself going in there as much. Bonus is that my A&F bill has decreased tremendously!!!!!!!!!

I would look at hollister scents, they are very similar but much more pleasant.

Post Thanks / Like

They're opening one of those in London. I wonder if they will have lots of very attractive young shirtless men? Mmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    They're opening one of those in London. I wonder if they will have lots of very attractive young shirtless men? Mmmm.
    Well of course, lol thats what the A&F image is all about

but I love this video on youtube, lol it's pretty funny I think...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kNJdke09DJ8

They do at their Fifth Avenue store in NYC. Shirtess hunks welcoming you at the door. Since they don't have windows or rather their windows are covered with shutters and they play booming music, the place looks like some kind of a velvet roped club or bar, which I guess is the image they're trying to project.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    They do at their Fifth Avenue store in NYC. Shirtess hunks welcoming you at the door. Since they don't have windows or rather their windows are covered with shutters and they play booming music, the place looks like some kind of a velvet roped club or bar, which I guess is the image they're trying to project.
    They also have the shirtless guys and sexy females greeting everyone on black friday and during christmas at all of the stores in the US. You can get your picture taken with them and the donations go to some charity I believe, but I forget which one... and yes, you can hear the house music blasting before you enter the store lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hahah yeah onetime I was in the Abercrombie kids store and I saw a girl with a huge bottle spraying the boys clothes (not the room) but the cloths actually.

I liked it better when Fierce was sprayed, it smelt better around the room. And yeah the music is always booming, one time I heard Paris Hilton being played like 5 stores away and ran to abercrombie!
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Just want to confirm that it was indeed the smell of Fierce that I was looking for. I have acquired several bottles ever since finding out. Thanks for all your replies.

You can find 8 oz bottles of Fierce room spray on eBay for $100. It's a great deal!

Haha, Hollister does the same. (Hollister is owned by A&F just to let you know) They spray the men's fragrance "Jake" all over the store. Jake doesn't smell that bad though, better than Fierce in my opinion.
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 27th January 2008 at 08:01 PM.

I worked there (sadly) over Christmas and yes, they spray the entire space. It's not with the EdT's or cologne though, they have bottles of Room Spray. I've seen them for sale on eBay. They aren't supposed to sell the stuff.