Code of Conduct

Default Aedes and Mona Di Orio unwilling to relplace defective product

I recently purchased MDO Amyitis via a friend in the US as it was not yet available in Australia. My friend bought it from Aedes. They sent the perfume in a flimsy box with hardly any bubble wrap. No effort was spent on presenting a rather expensive and exclusive perfume to make it look special. Seeing that the box was dented and obviously not fit for international shipping, my friend placed the item in a sturdier box full of bubble wrap insulation.

The MDO Amyitis arrived to me untampered and sealed, but to my amazement I discovered that 50% had leaked via the atomiser.

I contacted Aedes and MDO headoffice. The headoffice was apologetic and told me they were willing to replace it and would contact Aedes, but they were unwilling to help as they withold liability once a third party ships. The MDO headoffice informed me that they could not take any further action and that I'd have to settle this matter with Aedes. It seems that MDO was only willing to replace via Aedes.

My friend who purchased the perfume also contacted Aedes to explain that she was not impressed with the way the perfume was shipped to her. Both of our emails have been ignored. Customer reviews of Aedes shop in New York seem favorable so I am shocked to realise that this doesn't apply to their online/mail order business. Aedes should at least keep the lines of communication open to my friend who bought the item directly from them.

I understand that Aedes has limited liability to me, but showing some understanding and satisfying their customers seems just good business ethics. The bottom line is my good money was spent on a defective product. While both parties are unwilling to rectify this situation, I am left staring at a rather expensive half empty bottle of perfume. What ever happened to good customer service?

Has anyone else had similiar experiences? Please share your thoughts.
    Last edited by orchid74; 10th April 2008 at 06:05 PM.

Default Re: Aedes and Mona Di Orio unwilling to relplace defective product

Since your friend lives in the states she should try to call them, it's much easier to get things done like that. From what I have read about Aedes it seems to be a respectable place, so it seems weird that they do not answer at all.

I am certain calling Aedes has crossed my friends mind. I agree that it is 'weird' for a company that portrays an image of opulence and luxury to be unaccomodating. How much trouble would it be for Aedes to send a replacement bottle knowing full well that MDO was willing to replace it?
    Last edited by orchid74; 9th April 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Aedes was unaccomodating to me a couple of years ago. Once. Never again. Fool me once and I call it quits, same with Scentiments.
    Last edited by Twolf; 9th April 2008 at 11:17 PM.

I have never ordered from Aedes but have considered it. I have had fabulous customer service from Lucky Scent ( recently received a bottle of Fifi Chachnil with a defunct atomizer and they replaced it within a few days of me contacting them and I received immediate replys to all emails). I will be leary of ordering from Aedes now, even though they carry frags that I can order from LS.

What went wrong. It hadn't leaked by the time your friend received it. It had and she forwarded it on without informing you? If she packed it appropriately, I don't see how that could be the case. If I were her, I would have contacted them before sending it on to you. Or had she contacted them before, and you wanted her to send it to you anyway?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My friend just informed me that Aedes has sent her an encouraging email. They state that they will meet with MDO on Sunday. If MDO is willing to replace the bottle they will send her a replacement bottle to send to me. I am glad Aedes had opened the lines of communication to my friend.

Oh no! That's terrible Orchid

I just found an Aussie stockist of Mona di Orio the other day - Peony Perfume in Melbourne:
    http://www.peonymelbourne.com.au/inf...hp?pages_id=12. Talked to the owner Jill Timms via email and apparently the MdO fragrances arrived yesters.

Hope that helps... if you are still looking for MdO fragrances!

Thanks for the tip Jillsy.

No problems Hope it doesn't happen to you again... sounds heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    No problems Hope it doesn't happen to you again... sounds heartbreaking.
    Thanks for your sympathy and do not wish this to happen to anyone. It is sad enough to have limited access to niche fragragrances here in Sydney. But to receive a half empty bottle of an imported fragrances is another matter. It is good to know that MDO has now an Aussie stockist.