Code of Conduct

Default Unisex Fragrances

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some unisex fragrances to me. Right now my fella and I are having great fun sampling unisex fragrances and then comparing. So far we have loved L'artisan Ambre Extreme, Acqua di Parma colonia assoluta, Tauer l'Air du Desert Marocain, Jardin sur le Nil, and L'eau de Cartier, but I would love to hear of anything you thought remarkable.

Default Re: Unisex Fragrances

Hello zaklin, you might want to try going to the fragrance directory and selecting shared under the gender dropdown. It's not complete, but will give you some idea. However you may find that other BN'ers view some masculine and feminine only as possible "unisex". Sample, Sample, Sample..

Sur la Plage

Hi Zatklin,

As Silverbullet said, the directory will give you a fairly extensive list of unisex/shared fragrances to view and give you a pretty good idea of some fragrances to sample.

One thing to note though - For marketing purposes, a lot of fragrances are listed as either male or female. Although I have found many fragrances that are marketed as female, could really be classified as unisex because they can easily be worn by males also. Some of these would include:

Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue (the women's version)
    Gres Cabochard
    Alexander McQueen Kingdom
    Guerlain Shalimar
    Yves Saint-Laurent Opium (the women's version)

Plus I am sure that there are many men's fragrances that a lot of females would wear as well.

Good luck with your searching and sampling!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th April 2008 at 05:06 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I really love unisex fragrances, and it is no surprise that most are from niche houses. Montale, Creed, and Bond No.9 all have some very good examples of amazing unisex frags.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Bvlari Black and ck be are two favorites of mine that are worn by both genders.

Scent Intense by Costume National is definitely worthy of you both trying (3rd bottle pictured in my signature).

Everything is unisex... try it...
    My mother stole my egoiste because my father used all her chanel 5. My girlfriend grabed my fleur du male (that sounds nasty )and I spray her Pradise - Comptoir sud Pacifique on me. She likes the way I smell with White Musk Montale while I really like the way she wears burrbery brit.
    I second the Montale and CK Be and Black suggestions.
    I will also add Commes des Garcons.

Thierry Mugler "Cologne" is one of my favorites

Smile Re: Unisex Fragrances

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I'm going to be ordering plenty of samples soon! Especially as the directory has thousands of unisex fragrances for us to start messing around with. It was great to hear your recommendations for "cross over" scents. We will see how that goes. My mother-in-law only wears Pi so you might say it is in the family. Ta very much

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    My girlfriend grabed my fleur du male (that sounds nasty )
    Yes, but...

My girlfriend grabed my fleur du male ...and I spray her Pradise
    This sounds nastier

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Christian Dior - Dune (ladies version)

represented as unisex, bvlgari black is not for women i think. it should have been marked as "pour homme"... but if you prefer more masculin than unisex, and smell like tea and rubber, you can give it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    My girlfriend grabed my fleur du male (that sounds nasty )
    Yes, but...

My girlfriend grabed my fleur du male (that sounds nasty )and I spray her Pradise

This sounds nastier
    Last edited by irish; 11th April 2008 at 02:13 PM.