Code of Conduct

Default does anyone use crystal deodorants?

Blog Entries

Default Re: does anyone use crystal deodorants?

I began using one about a month ago (not the brand in the link but the same stuff - potassium alum) and have been very happy with it. Lasts all day, no bo, and no staining.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

The crystals work well. I moisten it in the sink when I get up, then take my shower, then apply it - lasts all day, and works great. Lasts nearly forever as well and has no odor of its own so is a perfumista's dream!
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 10th April 2008 at 08:24 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Yup! DH and I both do. Love 'em. We have only had to buy 2 in the past...what?...10 YEARS, and that is only because I dropped it on the floor and it broke! I have seen them in most drug stores. Even the unscented antiperspirants leave a "plastic" smell that I find noticable, so I don't like them. I will use them in the heat of the summer occasionally, though.

One thing I have noticed about the crystals, though, is that they leave a funky smell on ya if you try to "refresh" on a non-shower day. Just put on some MKK and leave it at that! LOL!
    Last edited by lookingglass; 10th April 2008 at 08:59 PM.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    The crystals work well. I moisten it in the sink when I get up, then take my shower, then apply it - lasts all day, and works great. Lasts nearly forever as well and has no odor of its own so is a perfumista's dream!
    I've used them in the past and like Bromo33333 found it best to wet the crystal 1st for better results. It is an effective deodorant but does not do anything as an antiperspirant. I would recommend giving it a try in a less social situation and judge how well it works for you first. The cost is extremely low so if it does not work for you, no big loss.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Just popping in to say that I saw a huge stash of crystals at Big Lots for $1.50 each!
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

I started using this product (but not the brand linked to above) a couple of months ago and I can attest to the fact that it works. If you are looking for an unscented deodorant, do give it a try. As mentioned above, you will still sweat, but you will not stink!
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

Quote Originally Posted by ands View Post
    Do not be too . . . enthusiastic with it, though. I really irritated my skin by applying too much awhile back. Was like a bad sunburn.