Code of Conduct

Question Searching for New Frag

Okay, now that I've sniffed my share of fragrances I think I know my own tastes and what works for me.

So I'm looking for a fragrance like the following, and not sure what will fit the bill:

Citrusy (sharp and fresh rather than powdery) opening that will make a statement, with some light floral/fruity notes in the middle going to a deep, rich, woody-musky-amber drydown. Could use just a bit of spice as well. Longevity as long as possible (of course), but medium sillage.

Things I have tried (and like):

Armani Code: Love the opening and middle notes. No musk or amber in the base though. Longevity is good. Sillage is respectable.

Jacamo Paradox Green: Nice fresh opening, and love the musky amber drydown. Could use a little more wood, and overall a bit too subtle.

Canali Summer Night: This has got the fruity-floral I like, and does have a bit of musky base. A bit lighter than what I am looking for though.

I am collecting EOs and synthetics to create exactly what I'm looking for, but that might take a while to develop. So in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Last edited by Galleddrim; 10th April 2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: changed "rich floral/fruity" to "light floral/fruity"

Default Re: Searching for New Frag

It lacks the fruits but mark birley seems to feet the bill.
    Aqua di Parma Colonia seems to be something you would like. However, it has the downside of being a bit powdery wich is netralised with the lemon and woods. (THE only powdery fragrance I like).
    Signoricci.
    Last edited by irish; 10th April 2008 at 03:58 PM.

The first I thought of was Acqua di Parma Colonia, it got many of the qualities you're after. It might take a while to really like it (took me about two days, but now it's one of my best fragrance ever).

Sur la Plage

Aqua di Parma Colonia!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cool! Er . . . which one? The original? The "Intense" variant? "Assoluta"? What's the difference anyway?

Blog Entries

This is interesting and a fragrance that would appeal to me. But I'm not sure if there's one frag that starts with a bright citrus and a deep, woody, amber drydown.

For the bright, non-powdery citus, I can recommend I Profumi di Firenze's Agrumi di Sicilia - bright, crisp lime start (with a hint of pepper), mellows to a floral citrus, and has good longevity (4-6 hours on skin and at least 12 hours if applied to clothing).

Another option would be Parfums de Nicolai's Cologne Nature. Another with a bright lime start that mellows nicely. Longevity is good, especially after the drydown. The drydown is floral and a little sweet for my tastes.

Parfums de Nicolai's New-York might actually be what you're looking for. From their description:

Family : Citrus Amber
    Top notes : very crisp : citrus : lemon, lemon petit grain oil, bergamot.
    Lightly aromatic : lavande rand armoise oils.
    Heart : spicy woody : pimento and pepper oils, patchouli oil and cedar.
    Bottom notes : vanilla, leather, amber.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

The assoluta has a good clean warmth in the base, light woods and white musk.
    Anyway I think you must decide what you really want from the basenotes, woods, musk or amber?!?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Galleddrim View Post
    Cool! Er . . . which one? The original? The "Intense" variant? "Assoluta"? What's the difference anyway?
    Many here like the original, however I prefer the Assoluta. Try both.

Have you tried Terre de Hermes?

Blog Entries

I was going to recommend Terre for the citrus too but it doesn't have the florals nor the musky dry down.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Rich floral & musk-amber drydown brings Hammam Bouquet to mind. Not much citrus to speak of, though, and it is on the powdery side.

Red face Re: Searching for New Frag

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Anyway I think you must decide what you really want from the basenotes, woods, musk or amber?!?
    Hehe. Actually Jacamo Paradox Green has that drydown I like. Though now that I think of it, it might not have amber. But it's a nice woody-musky. Just not quite strong enough.

These are some great suggestions. Looks like I'll need to sample some new stuff. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!