Code of Conduct

Default When a fragrance smells just like you thought it would!

I had never tried YSL's M7 before... I don't know why, but I just never had the chance. Today was my moment to sample it, and to my surprise, it smelled EXACTLY how I thought it would!!! This was quite interesting, because even though many basenotes (and others) reviews are usually very detailed and explain each note etc., I have, more often than not, been surprised (good or bad) when I actually did try the fragrance!

Has it happened for you before? Have you tried something and it just matched your expectations (and your nose!) almost exactly!

By the way, I like M7 very much!
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Default Re: When a fragrance smells just like you thought it would!

What I'm finding, now that I have a decent number of frags, is that I see how they are interrelated. For example, I recently sampled Safari, and it was Montana red box with florals at first, then it went into KL Lagerfeld mostly. If someone had described it to me like that before I sampled it, I would feel that I knew what it would smell like beforehand.

Opium, and Salvador Dali. But I Like it better when it completely blows me away
    Last edited by irish; 11th April 2008 at 06:18 AM.

Escada Magnetism...
    everyone said it had a distinct coca cola note...
    first sniff...yeap...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Jicky is so, uh, Jicky. Just like they said it would be.

Jules, Bel Ami ... quite a few of the big 80s players.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Yes, I got Havana a couple of days ago, and it smells just like I'd expected. To my nose, it is *exactly* Montana Parfum d'Homme (red) plus a good shot of sweetener, plus a spit of tobacco.

Since Montana has turned out to be to dry for me, Havana is just right.
    For swap/sale: Vintage MPG Santal Noble, vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, 1 Million Intense, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, vintage YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme, Dior Homme Intense, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Pour Lui and KL homme ,smelled exactly the way it was described here in BN

"They are, who we thought they were!"
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Blog Entries

Narciso Rodriguez for Him (musky and masculine), Bvlgari Aqva (Acqua Di Gio with refined marine), Bvlgari Black (vanilla with a hint of a darker musk), CK Crave as well as Clinique Happy (oranges, oranges, oranges!), and Burberry London (distinguished and smoky) smelled exactly like I thought it would.

There's more that has thrown me off than what I expected, but I'll leave that for another thread.

"...and we let 'em off the hook!" - Coach Denny Green on da' Bears

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    "...and we let 'em off the hook!" - Coach Denny Green on da' Bears
    hahaha! someone got it
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I bought Eau d'Hermes unsniffed when I saw it on sale in a perfume shop. It was EXACTLY as I'd pictured it. I actually did a little experiment long before I ever tried it and put some Eau d'Orange Vert in a little dish and mixed in some cumin, cinnamon, and curry powder with Kiehl's unscented lotion (to apply it better) and it was a very good approximation. This is the only fragrance I can say this about. M7 was a HUGE surprise to me (in the best way) because I'd read Turin's description of burning under car blah blah blah and conversely i found it beautifully rich and resinous, nothing about burning or messiness. Isn't it so great?? M7 was instant love, seriously.
    Last edited by nthny; 11th April 2008 at 08:16 PM.