Code of Conduct

Default Armani Black Code vs. Code

A few years ago my now ex bought me a bottle of Armani Black Code(she loved the scent). After smelling it, i fell in love with it as well. I don't think I've smelled anything so far that has that same pure sex appeal of black code. When I was at Sephora this past weekend, I smelled a bottle of Code(new name) and it still smelled as I remember it. My question is, was it purely a name change, or did the formula get shifted around as well?

To add, i got samples of Terre d'Hermes, Eau Savage and Pour Monsieur concentree. I love TdH and PM. My love for PM has grown even more ever since I've got to wear it on my skin. I'm defintely buying a bottle next time I can. TdH was also another great scent, not as sweet as PM, but I see why so many people like it - very unassuming and diplomatic. And Savage I'll have to wear tomorrow. I enjoyed the strong citrus when i smelled it on paper.

The sales assistant at the store was awesome. Gave some good suggestions, left me alone when I wanted to just smell the lot of things and was just generally very helpful - rare indeed.
    Last edited by Mr. Golem; 11th April 2008 at 07:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Armani Black Code vs. Code

It's just a name change.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

recent code products smells a little citrussy based for me. maybe i am wrong but i don't smell the old powdery and sweeter notes of black code and the premise code bottles on the recent armani codes.

am i misjudging?

I actually like the citrus blast of Code because it's nicely rounded out in the heartnotes. I am still searching for a Code-like frag with a heavier more musky base. Code's top and heart notes seem to linger a very long time. Sprayed a shot to a card once and the next day could still easily smell the citrus. Very cool, but would like some more depth. Maybe layering over a straight amber-musk might work . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Galleddrim View Post
    I actually like the citrus blast of Code because it's nicely rounded out in the heartnotes. I am still searching for a Code-like frag with a heavier more musky base. Code's top and heart notes seem to linger a very long time. Sprayed a shot to a card once and the next day could still easily smell the citrus. Very cool, but would like some more depth. Maybe layering over a straight amber-musk might work . . .
    You may try Antidote from Viktor & Rolf. For me it's about the closest to Code, but without the citrusy top notes.

Same Juice. Citrus and somkyness and all.

The 2 are actually different.

A friend of mine said Black Code is good, so I was about to buy a bottle online but notice the Black is missing; so I end up searching the whole Internet to see the difference :/ Most of the internet say they're the same, about to say ok, but then I found this discussion here: http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207609

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    You may try Antidote from Viktor & Rolf. For me it's about the closest to Code, but without the citrusy top notes.
    I was going to recommend the same thing. Actually, I do find citrus in the top notes - there's a nice dose of a very light grapefruit sweetened by an orange of some sort - smells like mandarin to me. These quickly segue into a citrus pepper mix which then later transitions to the heart notes that are spicy sweet and remeniscent of Code.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sorry, cel1002, those souls are misguided on that forum. There's no difference between the two besides the name. I have noticed there seems to be a bit of a variance between the small tester samples I have and the full tester bottles the department stores- the store testers have a stronger citrus note, while my samples (both Code and Black Code) seem to lack the citrus (probably because of their age).

Though it's nice, I'd still rather wear Pi (which I feel was a significant influence on Code's character).

eh? yeah, you're probably right -- though the guy seem to be very sure they are different . I got Armani Code couple days ago, I like it (that's all that matters :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I've been aching to try this for a while. Guess I should hound the sale forum.

TheY had to be changed due to pushes from certain groups...black code or in france code noir have to do with segregation. Poor choice of words from the Armani think tank
    Last edited by scentimus; 31st July 2012 at 02:04 AM.

Just a name change. The juice stills the same.

Name changes have happened with several fragrances without changes in the scent.