Code of Conduct

Exclamation Swedish brand Byredo launch five new fragrances

Swedish brand Byredo launch five new fragrances

Byredo is a new fragrance brand from Stockholm, Sweden, that will launch five eau de parfums this summer. Byredo (from 'by redolence') fragrances are all inspired by the memories of founder, Ben Gorham.

More...

Default Re: Swedish brand Byredo launch five new fragrances

Nice, I have to test those as I'm swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Nice, I have to test those as I'm swedish.
    I tried them last Friday at the UK press launch - they're good stuff. If you are anywhere near Stockholm, Cow are stocking them already.

In the UK we have to wait until July (at Les Senteurs). Barneys NY & Colette Paris get them in August.

Thats fantastic, another niche house -.-

New niche houses are springing up all the time - or at least frags to "enhance" a brand.

Saw a "NASCAR" cologne the other day. About fell over.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

There's a lot of new niche houses, who are failing to deliver any substantial creations. I dearly hope that this house is an exception.

Maybe I'll have to take a trip over the border and smuggle some back. Looking forward to reading the reviews!

Is this where the buzz starts?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

They sound interesting. Especially the one that reminds Mr. Gorham of his father's cologne from the 70's!

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    Maybe I'll have to take a trip over the border and smuggle some back. Looking forward to reading the reviews!
    Likewise!

By the way, Cow should have a counter at the ILLUM in Copenhagen.

From what I have heard only the freestanding COW shop in Stockholm is having the line (since last Christmas I believe), the original world wide launch was planned before the end of last year, but they had some problem with the production and therefore had to delay it. I see that they have changed the shape of the bottles, the first photo I saw looked like this:
    http://www.elle.se/?id=26713
    From the press release the noses that ByRedo has worked with are e.g. Olivia Giacobetti and Pierre Wulff, so this could be promising. And, also ByRedo has been a company making room scenting products for a couple of years, especially they seem to be specializing on scenting expensive hotel rooms .

Ascella, thanks for the information - this sounds very encouraging. Personally I prefer the new bottle (that remind me of Frederick Malle's) than the older ones (which look like Chanel's - yuk!). I've just requested some samples from them, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

The old one looks like a fusion of Chanel's and Creed flacons. But it looks like a huge, splash version and the new one is the spray version. Just speculating...

Looks like the bottle Ascella pointed out is a 500ml bottle. Would it be possible the 100ml bottle sold at Cow refillable?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Ascella, thanks for the information - this sounds very encouraging. Personally I prefer the new bottle (that remind me of Frederick Malle's) than the older ones (which look like Chanel's - yuk!). I've just requested some samples from them, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...
    Please keep me updated how it went with the sample request. I will be going to Stockholm in two weeks, so I will try to test them when I am there.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid74 View Post
    Looks like the bottle Ascella pointed out is a 500ml bottle. Would it be possible the 100ml bottle sold at Cow refillable?
    A reasonable guess.
    Last edited by Ascella; 12th April 2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Last week they sold them at COW´s counter inside NK.

I liked Chembur best, a soft incense based fragrance, but Rose Noir and Gypsy Water are good too - all are unisex to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    Last week they sold them at COWs counter inside NK.

I liked Chembur best, a soft incense based fragrance, but Rose Noir and Gypsy Water are good too - all are unisex to me.
    I see, thanks for telling.

Just a followup for anyone in or near Copenhagen... Denmark's sole distributor of the Byredo line at this time is at STORM in Copenhagen. Will have to check 'em out!

Here's their reply, after requesting samples from them:

Hello Robert,

Were glad to hear that you are interested in our fragrances.
    I’m sorry to tell you that were don’t have any samples.
    The good news is that Byredo Parfums will be availably at Les Senteurs in mid May.

Best Regards
    Helena // Byredo Parfums

Last edited by Trebor; 16th April 2008 at 08:19 AM.

A dirtied up rose? We have Rose 31, Black Aoud, and DC, do we need another? well, I suppose I'll have to try it anyways. because it has the word "Rose". and the word "Black". Clever marketing... They must be hiring people who specialize in Nameology, or at least Symbology. Now get me an onion bagel, cream cheese.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I sampled Rose Noir today, it was beautiful. I think I'll have to get it .

Irrbloss, further reviews please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Irrbloss, further reviews please ?
    I just got a quick whiff of it - what I got was a dry and clean rose, not heavy/cloying. A bit earthy and powdery, maybe a little herbal too. It was pretty mature and classy, but nothing like Twill Rose or Black Aoud. I haven't sampled too many rose frags so I don't know what to compare it to.

Gahh, dry and clean. I hate how every single company feels the need to use the word black to make things more alluring, and why i'm stupid enough to fall for it every time :P There was me expecting something dark, heavy, overrun with strong notes.

I did sample Rose Noir also, on me it was quite dark and heavy, it got a strong bitter note as well.

Any recent news on these? Their website seems to be non-existent.
    My favorite Barney's SA emailed me last night and said she'd sent me "some samples of a new fragrance line that we just received in the store. He is a Swedish designer. " I can only assume it's Byredo... suppose I'll have to watch the mailbox and be patient.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    My favorite Barney's SA emailed me last night and said she'd sent me "some samples of a new fragrance line that we just received in the store. He is a Swedish designer. " I can only assume it's Byredo... suppose I'll have to watch the mailbox and be patient.
    They just started carrying them in the Boston Barney's so I'll bet that's what your SA is sending you.
    I took a sniff but they didn't appeal to me on the scent strips.
    I'll be interested to hear what you think.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Care to swap once you've tested them?

My favorite Barney's SA emailed me last night and said she'd sent me "some samples of a new fragrance line that we just received in the store. He is a Swedish designer. "
    It may be Byredo, OR Neotantric Fragrances, an all new Swedish line shipping now.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=215742

Strangely, when I emailed Byredo about Danish distribution, they told me theyre stocked at a huge DS in Copenhagen named "Illum", but Ive never found them there on the 2 occasions Ive visited. When I asked the SA's they just looked at me with disdain, and assured me they had no such thing.
    If memory serves me well, I read somewhere recently (I think here on BN) that they're collaborating with a retail outlet whose name escapes me, creating a scent exclusively for that store.

When I tried this line in London, I wasn't particularly wowed.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 3rd October 2008 at 03:13 PM.

I got a couple of samples from Les Senteurs.
    * Green. Grey Flannel redux. Lots of violet leaf, that is the dominant note. Not very "green."
    * Gypsy Water. Big disappointment. No spice or pine that I could detect. Just amber/vanilla.

Not impressed so far.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas