Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Guerlain Fragrance Experience Events

From nstperfume.com:

This fall, Guerlain is offering ‘Fragrance Experience’ events in the US, hosted by their National Fragrance and Beauty Director, Marie Line Patry. The events will take place in Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue stores:

Beginning this fall, Guerlain will offer customers a brand new way to experience this unique heritage and fragrance expertise. National Fragrance and Beauty Director, Marie Line Patry, will host exclusive Fragrance Experience events in stores, debuting a luxurious, bespoke Guerlain trunk that houses a complete fragrance experience within its walls.

The fragrance trunk is a multi-sensorial tool that will help bring to life each of the main pillars within Guerlain’s Exclusive Fragrance Collection. Marie Line can now take every customer on a journey to La Maison Guerlain at 68 Champs Elysées, through the brand’s history and deep into the legacy of craftsmanship and know-how that sets Guerlain apart from all other fragrance houses. The experience includes videos, music and elements that illustrate the perfumer’s inspiration for each of the creations. As each drawer is opened the customer is able to uncover an exceptional 360° view of the fragrance collection inside. At over five feet tall, it is a theatrical experience designed to heighten the senses and enhance the emotions we feel when we encounter a new fragrance.

The fall schedule is as follows; contact your local store for more information and to reserve a spot:

Wednesday, Oct 19 — Bergdorf Goodman

Saturday, Oct 29 — Neiman Marcus San Francisco

Tuesday, Nov 8 — Saks Boca Raton

Wednesday, Nov 9 — Saks Dadeland

Thursday, Nov 10 — Saks Bal Harbor

Friday, Nov 11 — Saks Naples

Saturday, Nov 12 — Saks Palm Beach Garden

Tuesday, Nov 15 — Neiman Marcus Topanga

Friday, Nov 18 & Saturday, Nov 19 — Neiman Marcus Northpark

Friday, Nov 25 — Neiman Marcus Troy

Tuesday, Dec 6 & Wednesday, Dec 7 — Neiman Marcus Northpark

Thursday, Dec 8 & Friday, Dec 9 — Neiman Marcus Houston

Wednesday, Dec 14 & Thursday, Dec — Saks Boston

Friday, Dec 16 & Saturday, Dec 17 — Neiman Marcus King of Prussia

Default Re: Guerlain Fragrance Experience Events

im sooo tempted. thanks for the info.

Interesting

Basenotes Plus

ACK!!!! Why are they scheduling a lot of these events during the week??
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Anyoone want to meet at the San Francisco one October 29th??
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I already reserve time for November 15 at Topanga. I can't wait!
    Evenstar

(sigh) Thank you, JC! I only wish I could make it!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Very cool. If you don't live in one of those cities, worth the trip, I'd say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Anyoone want to meet at the San Francisco one October 29th??
    For the record, we're actually doing this. If anyone wants to meet the SF Basenotes/perfume blog regulars to sniff some Paris-only Guerlains, please contact me...

Blog Entries

We did it!

I'm finally back home after a long day. We managed to get a group of 10 or so Basenoters and NST perfume fanatics together for this. It was basically Marie Line Patry, Guerlain's director of fragrance, in a little discussion in front of this pretty trunk. She gave a short explanation of top, middle, and base notes and how Guerlain prides itself on making perfumes that change a lot over the course of a wearing.

Her claim to fame is apparently her ability to check out someone's skin, give them a subtle sniff to determine their skin chemistry, and then recommend their perfect Guerlain perfume. It was fun, especially when she fanned us with cute fans sprayed with scents to match what she had us put on. For me, she chose L'Ame d'Un Heros, the classy new restucturing of Coriolan. It's one I enjoy, and a perfect example of the type of scent that people tell me smells great on me, but that I don't like that much personally, so I guess it was a good choice in terms of a good match for my chemistry. For the group, some of her picks were right on (L'Heure Bleue smelled fantastic on ROtto) while others were a little funny (she kept putting sweet gourmands on ladies known locally for their love of skank and hatred of sweet), but it was certainly fun.

She commented that, on opposite ends of the spectrum, she thought absolutely everyone should wear Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Vetiver Pour Elle, and proceeded to apply Vetiver Pour Elle to every single one of us. Something clicked in my nose smelling it again and it went from a casually enjoyable fragrance to one that I knew I had to have (the way the tobacco fused with the moss while the vetiver danced with the flowers caught me off guard in the best possible way), so I ended up buying a bottle.

All in all, it was fun, but if you're expecting to sniff forgotten classics or hyper-exclusive forgotten treasures, it's not that kind of event. Perhaps it's because we're all avid samplers, and because we live in one of the only cities with access to the exclusives, but it seemed like we all pretty much knew what we were smelling and were familiar with them, but if you're not near SF, Epcot Center, Vegas, or NYC, this would be an awesome chance to smell all the exclusives.

Thanks to the nice folks at Neimans, who didn't bat an eyelash when our group of 4 people blossomed into 10, and to the tirelessly helpful Marie Line herself, for giving very public private consultations to every one of us. And hello to Basenotes member Granola, who had the appointment after ours and said hello.

Oh, and the one hyper-exclusive thing she had a tester for that I'd never smelled was the 2011 version of L'Abeille de Gurlain, that one in the $20,000 crystal bee. I was the only person obnoxious enough to ask to try it on (the shameless things I do for Basenotes!), so I'll have a review up soon - it's an interesting one...

Thanks for posting. Strange, nothing in LA?

Superb post Mr. Rogalal. Congratulations to the group who enjoyed such a fun and special show. I can guarantee you - all Basenoters reading your post are insanely jealous. Thank you so much for sharing.