Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Allure Homme Sport vs Carolina Herrera 212 Men

Hi, I'm a 21 years old college student from Belgium and I'm relatively new in the world of fragrances.
    Right now I have only two fragrances: AdG (sorry ) which is imo an excellent scent but it lacks longevity; the other one (that I'm using most of the time) is Boss Bottled.
    I've been sniffing around and have read a lot of reviews out here and I like to have Allure Homme Sport or 212 Men to be my next purchase.
    I like to have a clean, fresh fragrance (not feminine) for spring/summer that I can wear all day long (so not overpowering or nauseating) and has a good silage too (so you can still smell it when going out).
    Can you guys help me decide which of those 2 fits best for me and which fragrance ladies do love most ?
    I'd appreciate comments here from girls too
    My personal style is casual, sporty.

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Sport vs Carolina Herrera 212 Men

I really like both of these.. but if I were to choose between these 2, i'd go for the Herrera 212.. I just love the citrussy-gingery notes in it too much.. for me its "fresher" than the Chanel.

As far as the ladies go.. they seem to love them both

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

It sounds like you have similar tastes to myself, so 2 frags that I would suggest are Thierry Mugler Cologne and Joop! Nightflight. Both are favorites of mine; very citrussy to start off with, with Cologne smelling like cut grass + citrus and Nightflight more like pinapples + citrus. They are very different once they dry down; Cologne is more vetiver (earthy) with a light musk, while Nightflight I cant even describe, besides it being very 'clean.'
    I havent smelt 212 so I cant comment on it, but I personally found Allure Homme sport pretty lackluster...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Welcome, Jokke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke
    ...Right now I have only two fragrances: AdG (sorry ) which is imo an excellent scent but it lacks longevity...
    Sorry for what? You should wear whatever you like and believe in your own taste.

212 men: Alberto Morillas made so many good but pretty synthetic scents. 212 men is not an exception. It lasts very long on my skin. The metallic top could be a bit "ardous" but its drydown is quite pleasant.
    Allure Homme Sport: Quite good summer scent which brought me so many compliments from women. In general, I noticed that I get a lot of compliments for all my scents which containt aldehydes. On my skin it lasts 5-6 hours.

In sum, my vote goes to Chanel's frag, but you would'nt make a mistake buying any of these two.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

If you want a sporty, refreshing scent, go with 212. Chanel Allure Homme Sport is good, but it isn't sporty or refreshing, imo...

Blog Entries

i really think Allure Sport is terrible....i was given 3 or 4 samples last time i was in Sephora...and i threw them all away, i thought it was that bad.

it's very artificial, chemical, and synthetic smelling, with nothing of real interest...IMO

Blog Entries

212 has a synthetic freshness that's pulled off really well. I personally have 212 and I love wearing it. The longevity is amazing and it stays clean and fresh throughout the way. I'll have to give Allure Sport a full wearing to judge better, but when I sprayed it on my arm, it smelled like lemon drop candy.

I haven't tried 212, but I couldn't even spray my Allure Homme Sport sample more than twice... it's excessively lemony + nearly made me puke.

I am embarrassed to say that I smelled the Chanel line only a few days ago, even though I have a wine cooler full of fragrances. My beautiful wife just bought me a bottle of Chanel Allure, the original, and I am am in love with it, and so is she. I smelled Chanel Allure Sport, and it was good, but not as good as the original, imo. And as far as Herrera 212, you can find that at your neighborhood Ross and Marshall's (at least in my neighborhood you can). So I say save yourself the heartache, and buy both.
    Last edited by Maz24; 12th April 2008 at 07:28 PM.

I tried a sample of Unbound, which some BNers claim to be very similar or better than AdG, and it had great longevity. Since it's so cheap, you might want to give it a try. You can probably get a sample for less than a Euro.

Thanks for the advice! Looks like 212 is winning the competition

I'm wearing a sample of Allure Sport right now and it's making me wish I'd put on Lacoste Essential instead. Lacoste's fragrances really pull off this so-called "sporty" mindset. Also Bobby Jones.

212 is terrible, made my head spin. 212 Sexy Men was worse. I wouldn't recommend it (personal taste). But if you like then that's fine