Code of Conduct

Default Aqua Di Parma old??

Hey guys, I know this one is a highly respected classic for the summer months and considered one of the most elegant fragrances ever. I have tried it before ....and was thinking of picking up another bottle, but when I sampled it before....it was nice, but to me personally..seemed extremely dated...I couldn't help but think this is something my grandma would wear... I'm a 29 year old professional in banking and even my wife thought it smelled out of date.. I suppose it's an acquired taste for some...one of those that a frag consosouir (sp) would appreciate but not necessarily one who doesn't know what it is. I do love Creeds and while they're classic (ex. GIT & SMW) I always gets lots of compliments on them...I just can't say the same for ADP when I tried it out a year ago or so.. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Aqua Di Parma old??

I don't think it is dated at all! This is the kind of perfume that cannot and will never get old. It is sharp, bright and happy. Perfect for a young man.

If you don't get compliments, maybe you're expecting them from the wrong people.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 12th April 2008 at 03:52 PM.

Sur la Plage

If you do not like the original Aqua di Parma, I would susggest you try two of the new variations of it - Aqua di Parma Intensa and Aqua di Parma Assoluta. I feel they are a more modern take on the original. But I personally love the original the best - and do not feel it is dated.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th April 2008 at 04:03 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't think the original is dated, but I do think it is fleeting (on my skin). That's why I bought Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta. It's quite nice...

Blog Entries

Maybe AdP isn't your scent. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm the reverse - Creeds don't work for me, but I love AdP.

There are plenty of fragrances discussed here that I'm not fond of on my skin, but enjoy it when others wear it. Just the nature of the fragrance beast.

If you're looking for something new, you can sample citrus or marine scents (usually considered summery) from other houses and see if you like any of their offerings.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

You need to use quite a lot. I use 4-6 sprays and allow it to evolve on the skin. I don't care much for the topnotes, but after 30-60 minutes I get a wonderfull, classy, fresh and clean scent that beats anything I smelled so far. I think anyone over 20 can wear this without feeling old and outdated.

Actually, I see it quite the other way. Among classic frags this is certainly the one that is in no way old-fashioned or dated or for "mature wearing" only. It's a splendidly refreshing citrus with a beautiful floral heart. It's also wildly popular far beyond "connoisseur circles." That may also be owed to LVMH marketing magic, but at least it indicates average perfume consumers are not repulsed by it. However, all this is irrelevant if you and your wife do not like it - so, go for something else.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    You need to use quite a lot. I use 4-6 sprays and allow it to evolve on the skin. I don't care much for the topnotes, but after 30-60 minutes I get a wonderfull, classy, fresh and clean scent that beats anything I smelled so far. I think anyone over 20 can wear this without feeling old and outdated.
    Yes, I'm doing the same, with overapplying it after about 2 hours. The only problem being that I have a 100 ml bottle Colonia Assoluta and bringing it with me to my workplace isn't always comfortable
    But I do agree, a fantastic refreshing floral scent, evolving for hours one one's skin.
    Last edited by Sandy; 12th April 2008 at 05:13 PM.