Code of Conduct

Default Bond No.9 Andy Warhol Union Square?

There are only a handful of Bond frags that I really like, and I really liked Andy Warhol Silver Factory.......but what is up with Union Square? I received a very large sample today from Bond and immediately spritzed some on my hand. So far it smells exactly like the aerosol deoderant spray they have at my health club
    Last edited by tdi; 12th April 2008 at 09:42 PM.

Default Re: Bond No.9 Andy Warhol Union Square?

Yes, I got a sample in the mail as well. To call it a mediocre floral is to be very generous. Bond No. 9 is uneven. I have always wanted to love them, because the flagship store is a few blocks from my home and the bottles are wonderful. But I rarely buy. I do like Nuits de Noho and always get compliments, but....

This interests me strangely. (HUGE ad for it in NYTimes Sunday Styles)

I was prepared to dismiss all Bonds because of the initial hype. (Felt the same way about Venice Italy once - and boy! Was I wrong!) Chinatown, New Haarlem and Central Park are now in my 'drobe. And I would love to own H.O.T. Always and Broadway Nites. Am sorely tempted to get the box of bon bons.

Haven't experienced either of the Warhols....can see I'm gonna hafta.

Thanx ladies!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Union Square has too much freesia for me. I'm not a fan of freesia. Otherwise, I think it's a lovely, green, spring-like floral. The freesia, to me, is like a punch in the nose.

I love many of the Bonds, though. Park Avenue is my favorite, but I adore So New York, West Side, Eau de New York, Hamptons, New Haarlem, The Scent of Peace, Central Park, Bleecker Street, Chelsea Flowers, and Little Italy.

Bond have the best staying-power of anything I ever used. It's remarkable!
    Last edited by Tovah; 14th April 2008 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Union Square has too much freesia for me. I'm not a fan of freesia. Otherwise, I think it's a lovely, green, spring-like floral. The freesia, to me, is like a punch in the nose.

I love many of the Bonds, though. Park Avenue is my favorite, but I adore So New York, West Side, Eau de New York, Hamptons, New Haarlem, The Scent of Peace, Central Park, Bleecker Street, Chelsea Flowers, and Little Italy.

Bond have the best staying-power of anything I ever used. It's remarkable!
    I have not tried most of these you recommend Tovah, I do love Chelsea Flowers and The Scent of Peace though. I will have to check the others out the next time I am near a Saks. I feel like I have to try so many when I actually am finally in Saks that I get overwhelmed and get them all confused. Maybe it is the Freesia in Union Square that I don' t enjoy also. I was just so disappointed in it because I love the bottle.

I received a sample of this last month. I don't see this as unisex at all.
    To me, it smells exactly like Liz by Liz Claiborne, in the red, blue or yellow plastic covered triangular bottles my mom used to have on her vanity when I was a kid.

summer means fireflys

Not to hijack the thread, but did Bond send you those samples because you had sent back the card that you get when you purchase something? I ask because, I sent back my card last December, and haven't heard anything from them. The SA said that they would send samples of all the new stuff
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I was truly disappointed in this one. Although I had heard it was run-of-the-mill, I thought how bad could it be? I liked the notes, adore the bottle, am fascinated with Silver Factory,and am a Warhol fanatic. So I had to try it.

Well, it was panned for a reason...............I raced to the sink to scrub it off. Worse than I ever imagined.

Oh well, there's a gazillion more planned in Warhol range.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Red face Re: Bond No.9 Andy Warhol Union Square?

Bond makes amazing and lasting ffragrances, Have a lot of Nuits de noho, and Fire Island, Bryant Park and Chinatown and love Union Square too, they are all different, love the names, They need a Brooklyn.