Code of Conduct

Default Hey Scentiments.com - Get your act together!

I've been "shopping" there for over two years now, and the situation with their selection of Creed fragrances has not really changed much...

I just counted 110 Creed products for sale, and only 43 of them were in stock. (26 different scents, representing about half of Creed's available catalogue)

What's the deal? Why hasn't the stock been replenished? Is this just a marketing tactic to get more people to the website? Why list something for sale that hasn't been available for years? Make up your mind! They are generally a great company to deal with, but I don't see how their business isn't tapering off, considering their lack of stock (not just Creed).

Business isn't what it used to be 5 years ago -
    Today, you need to serve the consumer YESTERDAY, and for the lowest price possible, AND have 24/7 availability to anything and everything - to get and keep customers. So its your choice, Scentiments.com, you've got a pretty good thing going here - I'd hate to see you sink because you could only satisfy some of this criteria.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Hey Scentiments.com - Get your act together!

Most fragrance websites I shop at do this, not just them, and it is annoying as hell... not to mention time consuming. But it gets them more hits off Google searchers, who they are probably hoping will purchase something else, which is all I can figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Business isn't what it used to be 5 years ago -
    Today, you need to serve the consumer YESTERDAY, and for the lowest price possible, AND have 24/7 availability to anything and everything - to get and keep customers. So its your choice, Scentiments.com, you've got a pretty good thing going here - I'd hate to see you sink because you could only satisfy some of this criteria.
    This is an illusion caused by the "instant gratification and throw away" mindset society has built in the US. If we're given time to stop and think for a minute...

If I wanted something yesterday, I would've gotten it yesterday. It's not the company's fault for not getting me something I forgot to get.

I see scentiments.com have great prices for the creed fragrances. Do you know any other websites that have this kind of low prices?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

www.perfume.com has a 10% off until midnight of the day you sign up for their e-newsletter etc. for any purchase. I believe it is an ongoing offer. On occasion they offer 15% and 20% off codes also. And, for example, an 8.3 oz flacon of Creed Virgin Island Water with the discount and free shipping for over a $79.00 order (I think) came to just about $220.00 delivered.

They were quick on delivery, good communicators and packaged it well. I recommend them.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I think its something to do with internet searches.
    If a company has a particular perfume on their site, even if not in stock, their site will appear on the google search if someone looks for that perfume. and then perhaps that person will buy something else at that site as that particular perfume is not in stock
    but i could be wrong.

I agree, it's frustrating. Low prices and coupons galore mean nothing if the product isn't there. Who wants WIV? How about the truly popular ones like SMW? The only one available is a tester. Not everyone's into that. I've been backing and forthing on these sites too. For smaller non-niche frags they're fine. For niche, most of the time I'm happy to pay full price.
    On the other hand can't/won't trust e-bay. The most rediculous ones are the e-bay stores asking for double the regular prices. You wonder how? why? But there will always be uninformed people who will fall for those prices too. This is whay BN is such a good place to be--excellent education for us and keeps us informed.
    Good luck shopping!
    RM

i agree
    its really frustrating
    i have a retail perfume store and sometimes need to look for old fragrances
    i always do a google search
    i go through maybe 20 sites which are all always OUT OF STOCK
    they just put up those pages for the traffic!!

and then i end up on good old ebay!!

Quote Originally Posted by perfumes View Post
    i agree
    its really frustrating
    i have a retail perfume store and sometimes need to look for old fragrances
    i always do a google search
    i go through maybe 20 sites which are all always OUT OF STOCK
    they just put up those pages for the traffic!!

and then i end up on good old ebay!!

Can you let us know where is your store located? Do you have a website? Can you also let us know who are your suppliers? Thank you very much.

i think Creed is not one of those fragrance sellers can get on their hand easy and not profitable either. i guess that is why they are keeping their stock low on that. has anyone checked this new site i came across perfumella.com.

creed is usually sold alot to overseas cause buyers dont mind paying that money for such an expensive perfume. are you looking for suppliers by the way? are you selling perfume too?
    thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Low prices and coupons galore mean nothing if the product isn't there.
    Very true.