Code of Conduct

Default Salvador Dali pour homme or L'anarchiste??

Hey Basenoters, i hope your weekend was great!!! If anybody likes this 2 controversial frags. can you plz. recommend 1 or the other. I am thinking about buying one of them.

If you do not mind a brief description on your preference... longevity,sillage etc.

Thanks for your experience.

Default Re: Salvador Dali pour homme or L'anarchiste??

I own both and think they are both extremely unique and well done frags. What exactly are you looking or hoping for in your purchase?

I'll add more later, but I will say if you are looking to wear the scent on a regular basis, L'Anarchiste would probably be the better choice as it is far more wearable, imo. It's actually quite an elegant and upscale scent, while Dali is far darker, smokier, and 'stand offish.'
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks for answering SculptureofSoul!!

I am looking for something smoky, so S. Dali will be. I have a big collection and have collected and enjoyed clgn. for years, but I have always been intigued by Dali, I think I'll be ok.
    Thank you so much for your response... one final question.. How is the longevity/sillage on Dali??

Both longevity and sillage are good to excellent on me. I easily get 8+ hours out of it.

Dali is a graet frag - not something I wear often but there are days when it is simply the obvious and only choice to fit my mood.

I really think you'll like it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

L'Anarchiste is more a warmer weather scent to me, while Dali PH (the one in the weird bottle) is more a cooler weather scent for me because it is thicker.

Both have no problems in relation to lasting power on me. Dali is the more distinctive and has more presence - but I didn't like it much at first, and it took some time to grow on me. But now I have two bottles of it.

For a blind buy, I suspect people will more often initially be disappointed with Dali than L'Anarchiste.
    Renato

I got samples of the frags (both) from SoS [In a really fun and extended sample swap!] - and I would agree - L'Anarchiste is much more wearable. They are cut from the same cloth, though.

I was happy to see some well done cinnamon - at least thats what it presented to me - in L'Anarchiste.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 14th April 2008 at 01:52 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

How 'Same Cloth', would you say? I've been interested in Dali, though I ended up not caring for L'Anarchiste (Actually, big L'Anarchiste fans -- I have a 95+% bottle slowly tarnishing in my cabinet if someone wants to give it a swap for something, pm me). I never did get that 'blood' association that's so often made, and to be fair I don't consider it to smell 'bad'. Just the mentholish clove thing stifles on my skin.

I don't have anything against 'different' frags, as a rule, though some of the popular 'different' ones have certainly put me off (MKK, for example). Others I love (Black Aoud). Anyone have a string of comparisons for Dali? I find imagery doesn't translate from other's noses to mine -- Not surprising, as I only sniff with one half of my brain. *laugh* (I'm half-anosmic.)

Salvador Dali Pour Homme is eerily like Truefitt and Hill Spanish Leather with a shot of Kouros. I love it, am wearing it today.

L'Anarchiste is L'Anarchiste. Singular, incomparable (it doesn't smell even remotely of something else). It does have an unusual metallic citrus anote that some find offputting. I like it on occasion, usually in the cooler seasons and when my mood is, well, metallic citrusy.
    Last edited by Griff; 14th April 2008 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Salvador Dali Pour Homme is eerily like Truefitt and Hill Spanish Leather with a shot of Kouros. I love it, am wearing it today.

L'Anarchiste is L'Anarchiste. Singular, incomparable (it doesn't smell even remotely of something else). It does have an unusual metallic citrus anote that some find offputting. I like it on occasion, usually in the cooler seasons and when my mood is, well, metallic citrusy.
    I like metallic citrusy scents like Chrome and L'Anarchiste in the warmer seasons - above say 23C. Do the "cooler" seasons where you live ever actually get below that?
    Renato

Dali is on the mail and some other goodies, i will post my experience a soon as I get it.

Another one coming for me is Versace L' Homme my 3rd bottle, WOW what a drydown!!!
    Thanks for every response.
    Today I was smelling very good with my classy friend EQUIPAGE....