Code of Conduct

Default Review of The Guide in the style of the Guide

Put yours below. Here's mine:

Perfumes: The Guide
    Valuable Infotainment

Turin and Sanchez have filled a niche very well in this reformulated and updated classic - reformulated and improved while not losing the character of the original. This is not easy to do, especially when adding a new co-author. Sanchez offers an interesting perspective and, indeed, the weight of her comments and writing could make a viable competing volume. Instead, she strikes a harmonious accord with the Turin's notes. While seemingly arbitrary, and flippant at times, it strikes a balance between serious and not taking itself seriously. Like a good perfume that takes a stand and a chance, the book delivers information as well as entertainment. Warning: If you are a fan of Creed beyond GIT, you may want a friend to cover up those bits before you read it. Highly recommended, but really, it's your only choice.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 14th April 2008 at 03:38 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Default Re: Review of The Guide in the style of the Guide

Music that makes us smile is good music!
    Bravo Maestro !
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Review of The Guide in the style of the Guide

Great Review- Made me smile!
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...