Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chanel Allure Homme Sport / Edition Blanche

Hey guys,

What exactly is the difference between Chanel's Allure Homme Sport and the latest Allure Homme Edition Blanche.. not much I would guess, considering that they belong to the same scent family.

However, the above is JUST a guess.. can anybody who owns/has tried it/them elaborate a bit more... I'm considering buying one of them .. can't buy the original Allure Homme 'coz I'm not fond about Vanilla at all...the Sport/Blance editions probably have it too but in much lesser extent than the original.

So.. to repeat my question once again.. what's the main difference (if any) between Allure Homme Sport and the Allure Homme Edition Blanche and which would make a better buy?

Thanks!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Sport / Edition Blanche

Hi Java!

Well no idea about "Edition Blanche" . I am also interested to try it out.

Allure Homme SPORT is very good, its FRESH and AQUATIC, dry down is beautiful considering that it is from the same Lineage of Chanel's Allure HOMME which is pathetic.

Longivity of SPORT is quite good!

SPORT is much better than Allure HOMME which is too sweet & some what similar to Dunhill DESIRE......though DESIRE is also sweet, it is far superior to Allure HOMME.

I may probably go for a Blind Purchase of Allure EDITION BLANCHE even after burning my nostrils with Blind Purchase of Allure HOMME which turned out to be disaster for my NOSE.

I hope this time the Gamble paysoff!
    Swap/Sale (India Only)

Kenzo Pour Homme (100ml 99% Full, Tester),
    Unbound Man (100ml 99% Full, Tester),
    Hanae Mori Man (100ml 99% Full, Tester),
    Burberrys Man (100ml 99% Full, Tester),
    Givenchy Blue Label (100ml 80% Full with Original Box)
    Hugo Boss Energise (125ml 80% Full, Tester)
    Givenchy Very Irresistable Fresh Attitude (50ml 99% Full, without Box),
    Chanel Allure Homme (50ml 100% Full, Sealed Original Packing),
    Dunhill Desire (100ml 100% Full, Sealed Original Packing),

It has been a while since I sniffed Sport. My first impression after smelling Blanche is that it seems to be less citrusy during the opening. That note is still there but it's less in your face than in Sport. Otherwise I find them to be pretty similar, which I think is a good thing. The overpowering lemon is what I didn't like in the otherwise pleasant sport.
    Last edited by coffee&pizza; 14th April 2008 at 05:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mabrar View Post
    Hi Java!

Well no idea about "Edition Blanche" . I am also interested to try it out.

Allure Homme SPORT is very good, its FRESH and AQUATIC, dry down is beautiful considering that it is from the same Lineage of Chanel's Allure HOMME which is pathetic.

Longivity of SPORT is quite good!

SPORT is much better than Allure HOMME which is too sweet & some what similar to Dunhill DESIRE......though DESIRE is also sweet, it is far superior to Allure HOMME.

I may probably go for a Blind Purchase of Allure EDITION BLANCHE even after burning my nostrils with Blind Purchase of Allure HOMME which turned out to be disaster for my NOSE.

I hope this time the Gamble paysoff!
    Hey.. thanks mate

Admittedly i'm more interested in the Edition Blanche than I am in the Sport edition... let's see.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee&pizza View Post
    It has been a while since I sniffed Sport. My first impression after smelling Blanche is that it seems to be less citrusy during the opening. That note is still there but it's less in your face than in Sport. Otherwise I find them to be pretty similar, which I think is a good thing. The overpowering lemon is what I didn't like in the otherwise pleasant sport.
    Hmm... do you find them somewhat different during the mid note period and how different are they in the drydown? I'm hoping they're NOT too similar as that'll only add to my confusion
    Last edited by Amit; 14th April 2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well how can i put this nicely...

Allure Sport is terrible. It's a synthetic, overtly chemical, artificial pile of crap. the 'blanche edition' is simply a milder version of this crap....from my experience.

I can't tolerate either....they make me wanna puke without mercy.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a while since I smelled Allure Homme Sport - I know I wasn't very impressed. I recently sampled Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I thought it was OK - certainly not anything special I felt I needed. I wish Chanel would come out with something new instead of different Allure variations. Anyway enough of my rantings.....

osMoz classifies Allume Homme Sport as "Woody-Spicy" and Allure Homme Edition Blanche as "Citrus-Aromatic". The notes are:

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot
    Heart note: White Pepper, Pink Pepper, Ginger, Cedar
    Base note: Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, White Musks

Chanel Allure Homme Sport

Top notes: Mandarin orange, Aldehydes, Orange, Aquatic Note
    Heart note: Neroli, Madagascar Black pepper, Atlas Cedar
    Base note: Vetiver, Tonka bean, White musks, Amber

I hear people describe Edition Blanche as "fresher" then the Sport version. So it all depends on what type of fragrance you are looking for.

Hope that helps somewhat.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just bought this today. I've never owned the original Allure or any of the sport versions, but I did give them each a one-time spritz as they were realeased...just never seemed to be a fit for me.

Edition Blanche just struck me with it's really smooth and natural lemony citrus opening. overall there is a soft and aromatic feeling that is still fresh. just a tad sweet, not cloying at all. for me, it has subtle complexity that seems very well balanced. something i think i will reach for often this spring and summer when i just want to smell good without making a big statement. sorry i am not a great note/accord analysist. this one just works for me!

The new fragrance was developed by Chanel house perfumer Jacques Polge, and features four facets: the fresh facet (lemon, bergamot), the woody facet (cedar), the oriental facet (sandalwood, tonka bean, white musk, vetiver, ginger, amber, vanilla) and the spicy facet (white pepper, pink pepper).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
    I just bought this today. I've never owned the original Allure or any of the sport versions, but I did give them each a one-time spritz as they were realeased...just never seemed to be a fit for me.

Edition Blanche just struck me with it's really smooth and natural lemony citrus opening. overall there is a soft and aromatic feeling that is still fresh. just a tad sweet, not cloying at all. for me, it has subtle complexity that seems very well balanced. something i think i will reach for often this spring and summer when i just want to smell good without making a big statement. sorry i am not a great note/accord analysist. this one just works for me!

The new fragrance was developed by Chanel house perfumer Jacques Polge, and features four facets: the fresh facet (lemon, bergamot), the woody facet (cedar), the oriental facet (sandalwood, tonka bean, white musk, vetiver, ginger, amber, vanilla) and the spicy facet (white pepper, pink pepper).
    Interesting.... Thanks for posting your observations..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am in total agreement with TheCure.
    Haven't tried wearing Allure Sport but just from the tester it seemed too much.
    What I liked about Allure Blanche is the really nice lemony opening. There is nothing groundbreaking here but this can be a really nice alternative to Terre D'Hermes when you want something clean and citrussy but not too challenging a scent depending on where you are.
    I also will be wearing this alot as the weather turns warmer and I just want to grab something.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like

WTF?! Another Allure? How many are there already, 4?

Can't they come up with another name?! Yeah, I know. New name new marketing campaign but come on!
    Last edited by irish; 15th April 2008 at 02:13 PM.

I just smelled both of these, with my wife, last night at Nordy's, and I have to say that in my opinion, niether of them are as good as the original. Edition Blanche has a lemon top note, that in my opinion, is too over the top, so I didn't care for it too much. The Allure Sport was good, but again, not as good as the original. What's funny is that my wife liked Edition Blanche, but didn't care for the Sport edition.....I say don't just take our word for if it is good or not, go try them all and see what you like the best.