Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Death of the Metrosexual

He's not gay, but he knows the difference between mauve and periwinkle. He loves his fine fragrances and takes his time buying clothes. And with those clothes he has matching shoes. You may even run into him at the day spa getting his eyebrows done or getting a pedicure. He likes women alright but he likes to look good too. The metrosexual . . .

Personally, I like nice fragrances and nice clothes but it kinda ends there. So many of my friends however have turned into metrosexuals. I want to go shoot hoops on a Saturday morning but they want to get their nails done or have a stylist appointment from a month ago with some schmuck with more vowels in his or her name than consonants.

For a while this was the "thing" and the US turned a bit more "european" (which somehow became synonymous with civilized?). But now there seems to be a backlash. I'm noticing more and more girls turn to the rugged Marlboro man who doesn't know his Eau de Parfum from his Aqua Velva. The t-shirt and jeans cowboy with a little dirt under the nails is coming back. I wonder if this is just an LA/NY phenomena or if it's happening in other parts (the rest of the 50 states or the world). A few incidents in the last month have made me curious.

Cheers,
    Ali

Default Re: Death of the Metrosexual

I, for one, think that there will always be a market for guys with good taste. I think that there might be girls that are sick of effeminate "metros", but I don't think it is much of a "movement".

One defining factor of a supposed "metro" is that they are confident in themselves. I don't think you're going to see these same confident guys simply adopt an entirely new set of habits and style cues.

"Metrosexuality" (for lack of a better term, unfortunately), is not a fad. It is a label that has been placed on people who are living their lives in the way they see fit, which, amusingly, has nothing to do with sexuality and isn't meant to provoke any sort of specific response. "WE" don't want to be called that. I obviously say that, having been labeled one myself. I don't give a sh*t if girls appreciate the fact that I'm well-groomed. This isn't for them. This is simply ME, taking care of myself in the best way that I know how to and surrounding myself with things that I find interesting and attractive.

If there ARE guys (and I'm sure there are) who are going to go out and consciously revamp their image to accommodate any supposed impending movement away from "Metrosexuality", means to me that they probably weren't really "one" in the first place (I'm proud to belong to this group, but hate the label) and should probably try and find out who they are for their own self, not someone else and not to satisfy some stupid style trend.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Labels suck, because there are always exceptions. Just dress for the occasion and you won't have anything to worry about. I wouldn't wear the Vera Bradley quilted handbag I'm about to get to a Broadway show, but it's perfect around here.

And anak, it sounds like your friends are moving in a different direction. Do your thing.
    Last edited by beachroses; 15th April 2008 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    He's not gay, but he knows the difference between mauve and periwinkle. He loves his fine fragrances and takes his time buying clothes. And with those clothes he has matching shoes. You may even run into him at the day spa getting his eyebrows done or getting a pedicure. He likes women alright but he likes to look good too. The metrosexual . . .

Personally, I like nice fragrances and nice clothes but it kinda ends there. So many of my friends however have turned into metrosexuals. I want to go shoot hoops on a Saturday morning but they want to get their nails done or have a stylist appointment from a month ago with some schmuck with more vowels in his or her name than consonants.

For a while this was the "thing" and the US turned a bit more "european" (which somehow became synonymous with civilized?). But now there seems to be a backlash. I'm noticing more and more girls turn to the rugged Marlboro man who doesn't know his Eau de Parfum from his Aqua Velva. The t-shirt and jeans cowboy with a little dirt under the nails is coming back. I wonder if this is just an LA/NY phenomena or if it's happening in other parts (the rest of the 50 states or the world). A few incidents in the last month have made me curious.

Cheers,
    Ali
    I don't understand what metrosexuality has to do with being effeminate... I think it's all about taking care of yourself and keeping yourself well groomed. I also think your friends are a little overdoing the whole thing in general - stylist over sports? I have a lot of metrosexual friends (and don't shy away from the term myself) and they are nothing like this. All of us like to dress nice and bottom line (from my experience) - women will (9 out of 10 times) - go for the well groomed, well dressed guy rather than the rugged guy wearing a rock band shirt or something... And hey, if she's going after the latter, she's not my kind of girl anyway... Hell, all the girls I know swoon more over Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 than Brad Pitt in Troy...

Of course, it doesn't matter how you dress if you're not confident... any confident guy can pull off any girl, whether he's clean shaven or sporting stubble.
    Last edited by akshay03; 15th April 2008 at 02:28 AM.

I thought the Metrosexual died a long time ago. It was replaced with the Ubersexual almost 2 years ago. Now I don't know what the fad is as I don't really keep track of these things.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 15th April 2008 at 02:38 AM.

Found this in the Urban Directory, what a hoot

Here are six quick and easy ways to tell the difference between being ubersexual and metrosexual:

1. Both are passionate, but the ubersexual is passionate about causes and principles.

2. The ubersexual spends more time grooming his mind than his hair.

3. Both treat and respect women as equals, but the ubersexual considers other men, and women, his best friends.

4. The ubersexual is more sensual and not at all self-conscious. He doesn't need other people to tell him he's sexy.

5. The metrosexual gets his design tips from the Fab Five, the design gurus from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Ubersexuals get their ideas from travels and interest in art and culture.

6. The ubersexual knows the difference between right and wrong and will make the right decision regardless of what others around him may think. The metrosexual knows the difference between toner and exfoliant.

The current icon of Übersexuals is Bono. He's global, socially aware, confident, and compassionate, and he commands a huge base of followers who are fans of his music and his humanitarianism. Other notable ubersexuals are Bill Clinton, George Clooney, Jon Stewart, Pierce Brosnan, Donald Trump, and Ewan McGregor.

I was on board with you until Bono came into the picture.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Yeah, that list is hardly inspiring! I guess George Clooney is OK, and Jon Stewart is good. OK, maybe Ewan McGregor is a good actor. The rest though are complete phony zeros.

Of course people have the right to whatever style they like and amount of grooming they like, but I do think that there has been a push in the last ten years by advertizers to get men to be as neurotic and self-obsessed about their bodies as women unfortunately are.

I didn't really know much about these trends until I went back to university a few years ago in 2002. In my first class, sitting in front of me were two guys. They were wearing tight shirts, with big muscles, and tight pants. They had really neurotically overplucked eyebrows, and short spikey hair with blonde highlights and they had earrings. Without thinking much about it, I just assumed they were gay. Of course not all gays dress any particular way, and most of the gay people I am friends with don't dress that way, and I love to wear tight clothes, and tend to wear alot of purple ... but the point is that in my previous experience, the only people I've ever known who dressed that in that combination from the plucked eyebrows to the highlights, and muscles etc were always gay - and in fact in my cultural lexicon, that was the style you wore if you're gay and part of the gay club scene, and you're proud and want to show it out loud. They looked like a gay stereotype, the way a guy with long dreads, and a big tricolour hat and sandals, and africa necklace is a rasta stereotype.

But when one of them raised his hand to ask a question I almost fell out of my chair, because it turned out that both these guys were total meathead macho Italian jocks. They'd probably sock me one if I insinuated they were gay. Eventually I figured out that what in 1998 was flaming gay clubber style, in 2002 had become average jock style. In the 90's a jock wouldn't be caught dead dressing like that, and if he did, he might end up the victim of a hate crime unless it was halloween!

So funny!

But really, I think girls should be the ones to become less obsessed and insecure about their looks, instead of guys going in the girls direction. But of course in a consumer society, that's not likely to happen...
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 15th April 2008 at 08:30 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

If that's the list of Ubersexuals one would be considered in some form of social communiion with, I think of Groucho Marx's line: I would never want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Otherwise, good.

I never heard of ubersexual before today by the way. Sounds like some really weak marketing schtick!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

LOL this thread turned into something way cooler than I ever intended. I personally don't care I wear what I want and do what I want. Hell I went drag in a play I acted in once then went out with the cast in "guyliner." But I was just curious what people thought of the phenomena.

Cheers,
    Ali

DONALD TRUMP AND SEXUALITY SHOULD NOT EVER BE MENTIONED IN THE SAME SENTENCE!

You attract what you put out, basically.

Well, I didn't get on this board in a while due to lack of time due to my work(amazingly, I got some contracts and stuff :P) and college, so I'll make my return.

Metrosexuals aren't insecure. There's no paralel between your style(or lack of it) and how confident with yourself you are. I bet a lot of guys that say that they are the epitome of machismo because they have hairy armpits and chest and don't care about how they look and girls should like them because of this, are insecure and use this macho stuff as an excuse for it. I don't know, I have a fairly poor opinion on most people. Now, getting over this thing... I'd take most metrosexuals over the nasty chimp anyday. Of course, I, and most girls(it's a guess), don't like guys who are over-careful with the way they look(for instance, that go to a spa to get their nails done), but we despise(at least I), the greasy, hairy etc guy.

I also agree in a way, that girls should rely on other things than looks in getting a guy because if the only thing you have is looks, don't expect a relationship to last and be based on more than sex. Plus, don't expect to be with someone over 30 because they'll probably ditch you because your looks would be degrading already.

And I do thing that Europeans are more stylish than Americans, but most of that European=civilized stuff, is just marketing. And good marketing that is. But again, Chanel, Dior, Prada are European and Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister is American.

Anyways, to sum it up, I think that those who label people as metros are the insecure ones and they do it because they're jealous on the guys who do take care of themselves and look better. I could type more, but I'll probably bore enough people anyways. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_delia View Post

And I do thing that Europeans are more stylish than Americans, but most of that European=civilized stuff, is just marketing. And good marketing that is. But again, Chanel, Dior, Prada are European and Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister is American.
    I think so as well... They say that the US is 1 to 2 years behind Europe in fashion. In other words you will see Americans wear things that were popular in Europe a year or two ago... While I don't think the gap is that big, there is a noticable lag...
    Last edited by KMF; 18th April 2008 at 04:40 PM.

With the whole Metrosexual/Ubersexual thing: Its funny that who you are can be a trend.
    Last edited by studdg; 18th April 2008 at 07:17 PM.

I got called metro-sexual the other day. The girl's rationale was that I was wearing a black long sleeve t-shirt that actually fit and I hadn't shaved. Apparently, when one resides in the midwest, wearing anything besides overalls pretty much gets you labeled as a deviant. Pretty sure if anyone found out I was on this website, the rest of Kansas would burn me at the stake.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I think so as well... They say that the US is 1 to 2 years behind Europe in fashion. In other words you will see Americans wear things that were popular in Europe a year or two ago... While I don't think the gap is that big, there is a noticable lag...
    The gap becomes very noticeable when you figure there is another 1-2 year lag on what is popular in America's rural areas. You're looking at close to a 5 year difference between Paris and Nebraska.

When I lived in San Fransisco, everyone wore black. I was back - and it was black again.

But kidding aside, I have found that in the capital/international cities (London, NYC, Paris, etc. etc. etc.) they are much more experimental that in the Midwest of the US (where I grew up) and in the 1-2 years it takes for it to filter into those regions, the ones that "didn't quite work" are usually discarded along the way. (I was also briefly living in Cambridge England in the mid 1990's and saw that people in London were somewhat more fashionable than in Cambridge - so I do not think the US Midwest has the "lock" on the 1-2 year lag)

With the internet and improvements in communication over the last 15 years I do believe the lag is reduced somewhat.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Spanish and ITalians are the most fashionable people. Been to London, PAris, Barcelona, Ibiza, Milan, Rome, Piza and some other cities and those two countries are the most fashionable by far.

I might come to Toronto, NYC, Chicago, DC and tell you what I think.

Ibiza
    I have many hazy memories courtesy of this island...

Fun times!

never heard of the term Ubersexual, sounds like oversexual.
    I think if you meet men from Europe you generally tend to think they're gay because of how much care they put into their looks, but then you realize it's part of the culture. They always present themselves the best way possible when they go out, thus hair gel, cologne, nice clothes and matching shoes. I can understand that, but I like the more rugged look on men.

Fragrances, clothes, shoes, accessories and body care are all some of the greatest pleasures in life. If you chose to ignore them (because you want to "be a man" or otherwise), you're missing out on a lot of fun.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

I have also spent time in Spain and in Italy, infact in most European countries at one time or another, and there is now without doubt a fashion culture that is crossing borders (such as they are in the EU) We seem to be borrowing from each other and fitting it in to our own locale. I believe that fashion is born from little communties and not from label stores in the cities (they follow us) the right pair of shoes in a cutting edge underground club in London will fit perfectly with the right pair of trousers from Madrid and people will notice this and add say a pair of sunglasses to the look. This way of dressing and presenting oneself is catching on in Euro-land. We are after all the same country more or less. One day with better comunication and opportunity to travel it'll be truly global. I was born too early, I so wanna see it, be part of it because the seeds are being sown now in so many different ways.
    I have followed cutting edge fashion or at least like to think so since I was a young teenager, I'm now 50+ and I'm still at it. lol
    Metro/uber/rufty-tufty/anything ya like, it's all an expression like cologne or dropping your razor in the bin or the hair cut that you wear or any other thing that a man feels he is at the time on the day. I like to think I'm all things, and in an ideal world neither man nor woman, just a human being living thankfully in a world that allows me to do so. Straight, Gay this or Trans' that is so yesterday. Enjoy being you. As Lonnie Liston-Smith once said "express yourself ! "
    Last edited by Glenos; 11th May 2008 at 09:28 PM.

There's a guy at the gym who looks amazing... Both style wise and body wise. I'm pretty approached so to speak, but when he said hi(I was on the inner thigh machine thingy because when I was a newbie there I used that), I didn't know what to reply. I felt what guys feel before they approach me I suppose. So yea, dress nice and go to the gym FTW! :P

I guess I'm not a metrosexual after all. While there is something to be said about dressing nice, taking care of yourself, and trying to look your best- I think for most men plucking your eyebrows on buffing your nails borders on unnecessary vanity. And alot of the push for "metrosexuality" was indeed from marketters salivating over the possibility of turning mens psyches into maleable playdough just like they have done with women.

Besides, there are some things out there that are worth having that you cannot buy at a store and wear, there is no beauty product or accesory that's going to transform you into a substantive person if you are completely empty on the inside. Sure, people are sometimes impressed by expensive clothing or fashions, but very often these people are not really worth impressing and won't add any value to your life in the end. There is more to self-improvement than just a makeover.

Spanish and ITalians are the most fashionable people. Been to London, PAris, Barcelona, Ibiza, Milan, Rome, Piza and some other cities and those two countries are the most fashionable by far.

I might come to Toronto, NYC, Chicago, DC and tell you what I think.
    Don't forget Tampa

I felt what guys feel before they approach me I suppose
    Wow. Now I know this thread hasn't seen any activity in a month but I came here via the related topics section and I can't help but comment. It seems we have finally been blessed by god guys. Upon us has been bestowed a creature so beautiful that no man would feel confident approaching without at least 3 valium and half a keg down.

And on another note, please stop talking about "In Europe this, in Europe that" because your Europe clearly differs from mine...

Wasn't proper grooming and care for the thoughts of those around you considered as just part of being a gentleman?, and something that every man should practice?

Now being a Dandy is something different, but not bad. It is a tad more effemiate (from the traditional sense of the word), but has been around for far longer than the new "metrosexual" terminology fad. Look at Ralph Waldo Emerson and Rudolph Valentino; both very famous Dandy's who projected themselves the way the wanted to decades before the word metrosexual ever existed.

I personally am a bit more conservative and "bespoke" in my dress than a Dandy would be, and don't feel that I could pull off the look. I have friends that look great in a pair of disigner jeans and floral print t-shirts, and would look rediculous if they dressed the way I do. I say act and dress the way you feel comfortable, just be conscious and considerate of those around you.

What a boring world it would be if everyone and everything had to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    Wow. Now I know this thread hasn't seen any activity in a month but I came here via the related topics section and I can't help but comment. It seems we have finally been blessed by god guys. Upon us has been bestowed a creature so beautiful that no man would feel confident approaching without at least 3 valium and half a keg down.

And on another note, please stop talking about "In Europe this, in Europe that" because your Europe clearly differs from mine...
    Merlino, for some reason, I doubt you would have said the first part of your post in my face.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 4th August 2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: 2.14 You may not post or publish anything is deemed to be bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.

I couldn't help but to notice you are really generalizing in your last post.

Bebe Delia, I read your posts and I am really torn between trying not to pick on someone from my own country and the need to tell you to wake up.

Being racist, mysoginistic and not liking "people, in general" (as you keep saying, as if this makes you better than them) are NOT qualities. Having such feelings is bad enough, but being proud of them and parading them around is even worse. And what is unfortunate is that I know others that think like you.

You said how much you read and how smart you think you are. Start showing it! I know most people on BN are too inteligent for this but I almost feel the need to explain that not all Romanians are like that.

P.S. A little bit of modesty would not hurt either, IMHO. If anything it would make you even more attractive!

Thanks Mostapha and darkdreams. I had already formulated a reply about ten times before deciding that I'd better not post anything.

By the way, I don't get how I'm misogynistic(which is the correct spelling by the way). The word for people who hate other people isn't that. It's misanthropist. And why is it bad to express my feelings? It would be hypocritical to be political correct about it and basically lie to be more attractive. But again, this is one of the many things most people do in order to be socially pleasing and another reason for me to not like most people. Lack of culture and style, lack of a proper set of moral norms, settling for mediocrity are things that most people have and things that I don't enjoy in someone.

And yes, not all Romanians are like this. I invite you to Bucharest and use the bus during rush hour to see how most Romanians are. At least most people in Bucharest. Other smaller cities are quite lovely, full of people who appreciate the treasures of life and it's quite noticeable that it's less filled with tools who make babies to get money from the state, less thieves and less people who run from water and soap like the devil runs from the cross.

Mostapha, I'm talking about the average person. There are people out of the classes I dislike who are a culturally thrill and with who I enjoy having a conversation with.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 4th August 2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: 2.14 You may not post or publish anything is deemed to be bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.

Cool Re: Death of the Metrosexual

Cultural learnings of bebe_delia for make benefit glorious website of Basenotes.

Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Funny, Stereotomy.
    Bebe Delia...I am happy you're interested in spelling, excellent endeavor. Keep doing it. As a non native English speaker myself I tend to consult the dictionary often and all suggestions are appreciated.
    As for the meaning of the word misogynistic, I do know it. If you read carefully, there is an “and” in there. In fact, it was referring to a different post of yours.
    Anyway, back to the point. I do have understanding for you, knowing your young age and where you are coming from. Have I mentioned this already? I am Romanian and I lived in Bucharest for many years. I was there just the other day. I know something about the Romanian culture and mentality. Yes, it takes effort not to hate people that make you feel insecure and afraid. I did ride the bus (and even the subway at 6 in the morning with all the “average people” you dislike so much), and I was afraid at night in the streets and I was mugged and so on. But as cheesy as it might sound: hate only generates more hate.
    A perfume forum is hardly the place for such discussions but such a well read person as yourself, probably knows that discriminated people tend to be poorer and not very well educated. And usually this brings about a higher rate of criminality. Unfortunately, there are so many examples in the history.
    My only advice is to keep reading (avoid Mein Kampf) and traveling , try to see yourself for what you really are, try to learn from the others, as even the most humble person has something to teach you if you keep an open mind. Try not to despise so much, and have a bit more understanding for the less fortunate (in you opinion) ones.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    My only advice is to keep reading (avoid Mein Kampf) and traveling , try to see yourself for what you really are, try to learn from the others, as even the most humble person has something to teach you if you keep an open mind. Try not to despise so much, and have a bit more understanding for the less fortunate (in you opinion) ones.
    Cheers.
    Excellent advice

If this means that guys will stop with the eyebrow hairdos then that's a good thing. It's disconcerting to see a grown man with brows like Marlene Deitrich

Blog Entries

Cheers,
    Ali
    i always HATED the whole metrosexual tag.

i like cars, racing, the smell of petrol, violence, science, graffiti, vintage stuff...i have a deep voice, i like dirty rock and roll with guitar fuzz, cigarettes, alcohol, the image of a girl with eyeliner slumped over my bed.....but i love my fragrances, and clothes...and style.

i dare anyone to call me metrosexual.

however, it happens....even though i don't wear pink shirts...it happens...and it usually pisses me off....
    Last edited by everso; 12th August 2008 at 03:51 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by silverbullet; 12th August 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Cheers,
    Ali
    Eh I would say it isn't the clean and proper image that is hated, but more so the "bad boy" image that has popped up. I can't speak for the women here, but yes folks where I come from nice guys finish last, assholes finish first. Treat women like dirt they will stick to you like mud, etc.. etc.. I don't go around treating women inferior, but I see it all the time of girls getting picked up from guys that just got done poking fun at her. Men in wranglers with cowboy hats and an accent hasn't made a comeback here, and smoking is still a major turn off here too.
    Last edited by s0me0nesmind1; 12th August 2008 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post

i like cars, racing, the smell of petrol, violence, science, graffiti, vintage stuff...i have a deep voice, i like dirty rock and roll with guitar fuzz, cigarettes, alcohol, the image of a girl with eyeliner slumped over my bed.....but i love my fragrances, and clothes...and style.

however, it happens....even though i don't wear pink shirts...it happens...and it usually pisses me off....
    I really think metro-sexual is more so a complete bastardized term now. I rarely hear it nowadays, but it seemed for while that any guy who wore fitted clothes, cologne, and pomade in their hair was deemed metro-sexual.

I live in Egypt, so I'm a little unaware of how the term 'metrosexual' is used in Europe and the US, but I kinda like the word. I'd take it as a compliment if someone labeled me that. If by 'metrosexual' you mean that it really shows that I stand from the crowd, have a clean look, dress nice and smell good, then thank you, you look quite nice yourself!

Metrosexual is urbane. Well-groomed, -dressed, and -bodied.

If you're young and not those things these days, you're losing out.

Quote Originally Posted by boyextraordinare View Post
    Metrosexual is urbane. Well-groomed, -dressed, and -bodied.

If you're young and not those things these days, you're losing out.
    Banning of the Metrosexual?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post

I am a big fan of Knize Ten, but I have no idea what Knize Ten Golden Edition is. Could you enlighten me?

Thanks,

Joe

I don't usually like to lead with the chin, but I can't resist, it's just too controversial and funny as sh*t.

For those of you with unbalanced monitor calibration, it's a pink shirt.

Is the "person" above a:

1. Heterosexual
    2. Homosexual
    3. Lesbian
    4. Metrosexual
    5. Ubersexual
    6. Pseudohermaphrodite
    7. Tranny
    8. Eunuch
    9. Cross Dresser
    10. Snappy Dresser
    11. Not quite sure
    12. Don't give a f**k.
    13. A friend of Dorothy and Scarecrow.

Those of you that know me in person don't get to play

The 1st member to get it right wins a 2.5ml factory authorized sample of the coveted Montale Black Aoud.

I'll give you all until 10:00 PM tomorrow EST.

Yes, and what is Knize Ten Golden Edition by the way?
    Last edited by silverbullet; 17th November 2008 at 02:17 AM.

Good one silverbullet. You've made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Merrell View Post

Good one silverbullet. You've made my day.
    If I make at least one person's day, it's been a success

Blog Entries

Hey! That's MY pink shirt!

You know, I think this everso guy might be younger than us. Either that, or he's from some big city, and Tampa and Buckwheat Corners are behind the times, fashion-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Hey! That's MY pink shirt!

You know, I think this everso guy might be younger than us. Either that, or he's from some big city, and Tampa and Buckwheat Corners are behind the times, fashion-wise.
    You wish it was yours I was born and raised in Chicago, so that dog won't hunt

And I sing "If I only had a brain" all day long

Blog Entries

I vote for:

14. Kiss my fragrant Armand Basi homey.
    Last edited by Heartwood; 17th November 2008 at 04:09 AM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

oh, it's 5, ubersexual. Who else asks what fragrance to wear to a martial arts competition?

I just laughed my a$$ off
    I'd go with option 14) All of the above.
    Yes, I'm definite

Wear what you want, be metro/ ubersexual but BE SOMEBODY in other than material meaning AND CLEAN! That counts I guess. At least for me.
    I don't know if there are similar categories applicable to women but if so, I would rank myself as ubersexual.
    Last edited by Alicka61; 17th November 2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: error

OK, hint...not #6 or #8

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post

Ah, there may be a second runner up

Doodes! It is all about confidence. The metrosexual will not die, but female interest (if that is how we measure success) will end when the guy starts to freak out about appearance, a broken nail or exfoliation regimens. Wearing a pink shirt (is that the international symbol of metrosexuality?) was daring before. Nowadays it is pretty meh. Übersexual is, IMO, more like a self-aggrandizing label than something well defined.

Even though I buy what I like, I am not really into fashion. I guess I see myself as a guy with constantly failed (mostly self sabotage) but persistent attempts to 'reach' worldliness. I consider some of my "higher" grooming activities (perfume, shaving, hair cutting) as sensual experiences and DIY relaxing moments. I am young, I am dressed and bodied. In my book, that is enough. I am also a 6 in the beauty scale, and yet I have only dated intelligent, sophisticated and fun-to-be-with women*. All of them are an 8 or above, but beauty is just surplus value . I have discovered that there are more pretty women than interesting ones.

*I am usually the he in the phrase "if he can get a girl, I can get a girl"

Silverbullet I am going to go for
    1. Heterosexual
    4. Metrosexual
    5. Ubersexual
    9. Cross Dresser
    10. Snappy Dresser
    12. Don't give a f**k.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Doodes! It is all about confidence. The metrosexual will not die, but female interest (if that is how we measure success) will end when the guy starts to freak out about appearance, a broken nail or exfoliation regimens. Wearing a pink shirt (is that the international symbol of metrosexuality?) was daring before. Nowadays it is pretty meh. Übersexual is, IMO, more like a self-aggrandizing label than something well defined.

Even though I buy what I like, I am not really into fashion. I guess I see myself as a guy with constantly failed (mostly self sabotage) but persistent attempts to 'reach' worldliness. I consider some of my "higher" grooming activities (perfume, shaving, hair cutting) as sensual experiences and DIY relaxing moments. I am young, I am dressed and bodied. In my book, that is enough. I am also a 6 in the beauty scale, and yet I have only dated intelligent, sophisticated and fun-to-be-with women*. All of them are an 8 or above, but beauty is just surplus value . I have discovered that there are more pretty women than interesting ones.

*I am usually the he in the phrase "if he can get a girl, I can get a girl"

Silverbullet I am going to go for
    1. Heterosexual
    4. Metrosexual
    5. Ubersexual
    9. Cross Dresser
    10. Snappy Dresser
    12. Don't give a f**k.

#9 I should have you send me a bell jar of Chergui for that one..

Though I do switch between New Balance and Cole Haan from time to time...
    Last edited by silverbullet; 17th November 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries

I made up #14 because SB likes to talk a little sh!t (in a nice, joking way) at those who know him well. Is this gruff exterior hiding a big softie on the inside? We know he has a heart, so I'm gonna say SB has a little Let Me Play the Lion somewhere in his wardrobe. However, I think he's already figured out he had the moxie in him all along.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous