Code of Conduct

Default Boss Number One - Anything similar?

Ugh, I know....sorry....another "anything smell like this" thread, but I'm just so much in love with Boss Number One and I'm wondering if anything came out after it that was "inspired" by it? I know it was in the "Powerhouse 80's" decade, and I know there were a ton of other strong colognes released as well.

But I'm looking for something with a similar smell. Something the same, yet different. Like how Azzaro Chrome is to CK One, or Wings is to Cool Water, or Pinaud Clubman is to Canoe. This is not a "if he likes this he may like this" query. Hopefully that makes sense.

And just so you know where my nose is coming from, I *don't* consider Azzaro, Aramis, Tuscany, or Grey Flannel to be even remotely close. Those all have very very *sharp* notes that make me very sick to my stomach when I smell them. I fear these are what people will think of though and in my book, there are entirely different. Boss Number One is smooth in my opinion.

I'd love a recommendation on something that could easily be mistake for Boss Number One -- if it even exists of course. Maybe they broke the mold on it!
    Last edited by atrac; 15th April 2008 at 06:17 AM.

Default Re: Boss Number One - Anything similar?

One reviewer who's sampled a lot, Jude_C, thinks it's similar to Caron's Third Man. I've never tried it, but I do have Carlo Corinto, which quickly becomes a dark amber and leather with possibly a touch of incense (or at least that's the way I perceive it) that lasts a very long time. And one spray is all I need.

Smile Re: Boss Number One - Anything similar?

I find Aramis vey similar

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

well, tht's a unique one like Baldessarini...i don't think these two have any cousins...

Lately I've been using the Baldessarini shower gel and it's weird in that it really doesn't smell anything like Baldessarini at all-- oddly, it smells almost exactly like Boss #1. Really bizarre. It's like they got their vats mixed up at the factory.

atrac .. disregard the comparisons above on your first response !! Boss #1 is nothing like C Corinto or 3rd Man ...... its unique and I have smelt nothing so far that is similiar to it .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    atrac .. disregard the comparisons above on your first response !! Boss #1 is nothing like C Corinto or 3rd Man ...... its unique and I have smelt nothing so far that is similiar to it .
    I have found in the few months since I originally posted my query that indeed, Boss Number One is unique and now, perhaps, a discontinued classic.

I've already purchased another bottle and probably should be buying more for cold storage!

Someone posted in another thread that Boss Number One was based on the smell of Listerine. I'll need to buy some of that too.

I find it very unique on its own. Shame that Boss discontinued this - but it seems their is enough on the market going cheep.

Dependent

have an unopened box, i prob should get my hands on another. As for similar scent, i personally felt selection has hints of subtle similarity on certain notes. But thats just me coz i use the both pretty often so could be in the mind.

Discontinued, but still around in reassuirng plentiousness. I see it in several discount frag stores around Grand Central in NYC.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    I have found in the few months since I originally posted my query that indeed, Boss Number One is unique and now, perhaps, a discontinued classic.

I've already purchased another bottle and probably should be buying more for cold storage!

Someone posted in another thread that Boss Number One was based on the smell of Listerine. I'll need to buy some of that too.

Listerine... thats harsh haha.... Im sure P&G have seperate factories producing both... i had no idea they were going to have it discontinued, and its weird coz its going cheap from where im from and it seems my usual frag haunt has an endless supply....

Yes, I think Mogul by Raffy is similar, and a touch better.