Code of Conduct

Thread: I is noob:P

Default I is noob:P

Hey all! This is only my second post only so sorry if I sound a bit confuzzled but lately ive been getting into perfume and was looking for two fragrances for my grandparents as gifts...one female and one male (just in case there was any confusion:P) But all I know is that they are quite advanced in their years (around 70) and that my grandmother likes musky smells. I would greatly appreciate it if you could perhaps give me suggestions on what to buy? I would prefer easy to find fragrances but I would not mind relatively easy to find niche perfumes. Thanks!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: I is noob:P

IMO, you can never go wrong with something from a classic fragrance house such as Chanel or Guerlain.

I would suggest Chanel No. 19 for your grandmother (which has musk as one of its base notes) and Chanel Pour Monsieur, Guerlain Vetiver, or Guerlain Heritage for your grandfather.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just bought Narcisse Noir from Caron for my grandmother. Suggestions for Guerlain, Caron & Chanel are best imo.

Grandfathers are another story...I no longer attempt to purchase fragrances for male family members. Maybe look at Truefitt & Hill though.
    Last edited by Dane; 15th April 2008 at 02:16 PM.

I wouldn't delve into classic fragrances, but something nice and elegant that is more recent in composition.

First step is to find out what fragrances they wore when your parents were your age and then try something along those lines. (If your grandfather likes citrussy-woody things, then Hermes Terre d'Hermes might be a nice surprise, for instance, or if an oriental then Guerlain Heritage or L'Instant would be good choices. If your grandmother likes Chanel No 5, or Shalimar then something like Tresor, Kelly Caleche or one of the Jardins might be a hit)
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 15th April 2008 at 02:26 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

For grams, Shalimar, or Mitsouko.

From an old man, Creed Bois du Portugal, Patou Pour Homme, Guerlain Heritage, Guerlain Vetiver, or Acqua di Parma Colonia.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    From an old man, Creed Bois du Portugal, Patou Pour Homme, Guerlain Heritage, Guerlain Vetiver, or Acqua di Parma Colonia.
    Hey, I wear those. They say the age 55 is the new 54

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Hey, I wear those. They say the age 55 is the new 54
    I wear those too. Who says a 20 year old can't wear the frags of a really good-smelling old man?
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

yeah I'm 25 and I wear BDP also. If I smell like an old man so be it. I adore that scent and would wear it every day if I had more of it...*leaves to go start collecting change*

Chanel Pour Monsieur for the Grandfather.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Kiton Men, Pour Monsieur, Bvlgari PH, Aramis, Obsession, others....

Hey guys (and gals:P) thanks so much for the suggestions...I ended up getting my grandmother some white musk from the body shop and surprisingly i liked it...but thanks again

Caron Pour un Homme for your grandpa, and Shalimar for your grandma. Classic, wonderful fragrances that you can never go wrong with, and your grandparents will likely appreciate them more because they are older and mature.

Edit: Darn, too late. Oh well, just some suggestions for next time I guess :P
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 24th April 2008 at 12:59 AM.