Code of Conduct

Default New Comme Des Garcons (w/ H&M)

From the International Herald Tribune:

"H & M, the Swedish fast-fashion chain that has already produced capsule collections of famous names from Karl Lagerfeld to Madonna, has found an über-cool new designer. The enigmatic Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garçons is to create a one-off collection that will be launched in Tokyo in November and in H & M across the world one week later.
    "I have always been interested in the balance between creation and business - it is a dilemma, although for me creation has always been the first priority," says Kawakubo. "It is a fascinating challenge to work with H & M since it is a chance to take the dilemma to its extreme, and try to solve it."
    The Comme guest collection, which will include men's, women's and children's clothes, as well as accessories and a unisex fragrance, will celebrate the opening of a new H & M store and promises to create a client frenzy similar to that of other powerful fashion names."

Default Re: New Comme Des Garcons (w/ H&M)

H&M allows a fashion designer every year to design a collection for them. Last year it was Roberto Cavalli and the year before I believe it was Viktor & Rolf. It's usually the Fall colleciton and the clothes usually sell out in days.

The collections are usually good, but I never heard of any of them doing a scent.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 15th April 2008 at 09:42 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    H&M allows a fashion designer every year to design a collection for them. Last year it was Roberto Cavalli and the year before I believe it was Viktor & Rolf. It's usually the Fall colleciton and the clothes usually sell out in days.

BTW, how is this fragrance related?
    Along with the clothing, a unisex fragrance will be developed and sold also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm somewhat excited about this! I wonder what the pricing will be like? Since it's H&M, it wouldn't be expensive - probably around $40-$60 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Along with the clothing, a unisex fragrance will be developed and sold also.
    Sorry, I caught that a bit later, that's why I edited my post. I've heard of guest collections, but they're going a bit further with a unisex scent.

Sur la Plage

Sorry, I caught that a bit later, that's why I edited my post. I've heard of guest collections, but they're going a bit further with a unisex scent.
    Yes, they are. I haven't heard anything specific about the fragrance - notes, etc. CDG usually has some unique scents. I hope it is not just another generic mass-marketed fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Did not they produce Liquid Karl some time ago? Never tried it but it was discussed here.

Immediate Wishlist: CDG Palisander/Avignon

Basenotes Institution

Thanks masuerte.

I think I like the box better than the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks masuerte.

I think I like the box better than the bottle.
    Ditto... ugh that bottle... for a line that produced an uncomprimizing $350 dollar dress... you think they'd do something better for the bottle.
    Immediate Wishlist: CDG Palisander/Avignon

Guest collection arrives in stores around here on November 13th. I'll see if I can check it out, but I heard it sells out in stores within a few hours.

There is an H&M store here in Fort Wayne (oddly enough, H&M, but not a Sephora... figures)... so I guess I'll have to check it out when it comes out. Being H&M, I'm saying that it should be rather reasonably priced... maybe even $30-$50 US (probably on the lower end of the scale).

And yes, H&M was the one that produced Liquid Karl as a tie-in for the "Karl Lagerfeld + H&M" collection.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

This sounds interesting......Gary

Anything more on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Anything more on this?

Ya, like the notes and what to expect!

$34.90 per the website. Why does CDG feel the need to release frags in conjunction with other partners these days? From Monocle Magazine (high brow) now to H&M (medium brow). I predict their next frag with be released in conjunction with Budweiser to capture the low brow crowd.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

mikeperez23 scored some and he has been wearing it the last few days. I'm sure he'll be along to educate all of us on whether we should beseige our local H&M's.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 12th November 2008 at 04:39 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    $34.90 per the website. Why does CDG feel the need to release frags in conjunction with other partners these days? From Monocle Magazine (high brow) now to H&M (medium brow). I predict their next frag with be released in conjunction with Budweiser to capture the low brow crowd.
    Commes des Garcons has a long reputation for collaborating and deconstructing classic designs. They have worked with Lacoste, Levi's, Speedo, Nike, Louis Vuitton, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    mikeperez23 scored some and he has been wearing it the last few days. I'm sure he'll be along to educate all of us on whether we should beseige our local H&M's.
    Yup, he said he'll post a full review later. We went into a bottle split together, and I'll try to post my review later when I receive it.

From what I can remember, Mike thought it smelt like a combination of CDG 3, Skai & Soda. Very industrial and clean smelling.

So far, sounds good.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th November 2008 at 05:16 AM.

Yup, he said he'll post a full review later. We went into a bottle split together, and I'll try to post my review later when I receive it.

From what I can remember, Mike thought it smelt like a combination of CDG 3, Skai & Soda. Very industrial and clean smelling.

So far, sounds good.
    CDG 3 Skai and Soda.......give me some projection and sign me up for a bottle.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I am very curious about this one, waiting eagerly for the review.

I shall be buying a bottle tomorrow evening hopefully. It's supposed to arrive in the store here tomorrow, and I have to head into the city after work anyways, so I can pop in! According to the website, it'll be £20. Very reasonable.

Any chance of a quick impression - other than the one already posted? My finger's itching to try and scoop one over the internet, no way am I joining the swarm of locusts that is sure to descend on any H&M store stocking the collection.
    I'm not familiar with the synthetic series, so the comparison didn't help me, sadly.

H&M stores are gonna be crazy tomorrow - If i didnt have to work id probably face the crowd and try to get the mens peacoat and the fragrance..

Does anyone know if this will be carried at ALL H&M stores?
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 12th November 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Nah, they always say 'at selected stores.'
    Usually that means all above 200 m2 selling space or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Does anyone know if this will be carried at ALL H&M stores?
    Based on the website it looks like the collection is only being sold at the NYC stores, Chicago, LA, Hollywood and SF stores.
    I'm going to give the Boston store a call tomorrow and see if they will be carrying it or not.

In a few hours I will be going to central Malmö, hanging on the lock to our biggest H&M store. I've allready spotted a nice shirt that I will be getting and of course one or two bottles of the fragrance. I'll write down my impressions within the next 24 hours or so. Being born and raised in Sweden, this actually feels a little extra special, I must admit.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Enjoy the experience Noalick!
    All hail Sweden!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    Thanks for the link, Ascella! To blind buy or not to blind buy...
    Last edited by nenugal; 13th November 2008 at 10:27 AM.
    I love cologne.

I have it on my hand right now, and Mike Perez' review is quite on the spot.
    For those that are familiar with CDG, I would tentatively describe* it as beginning with:
    50% Skai, 50% Soda
    and, within an hour, moving towards:
    40% Skai, 40% 2 Man, 20% Soda (Skai's synthetic accord and 2 Man's spices fighting back and forth with Soda cheering on in the background)

IE, it definitely has a CDG feel to it. I'm not sure I'll get it, but it's a welcome opportunity to get a less extreme, yet still 100% CDG fragrance.

*): I haven't tried all of the incense series. Maybe H&M resembles one or more of that line more closely than those I mention.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 13th November 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Just got off the phone with Nicole from the Boston H&M.
    She went and got their FAQ on the line and gave me some more info.
    The line is being released in 200 stores world wide. There are 1200 stores so about one in six will carry it.
    In the US it is in the three New York City Stores, one in Chicago, one in San Francisco, one in LA and one in Hollywood.
    There is no mechanism to order it online through the stores. You might try calling a store and seeing if they'll mail you a bottle if you really want it.
    That's the 411 from an H&M SA.

I managed to check into H&M at lunchtime. Alas, most of the menswear was already gone, but the fragrance was still there, and I sprayed it on my hand to check it out.

As soon as I sprayed i recognised the scent from somewhere...

...I had to think for ages but I then realised that this is astonishingly near identical to Gucci Rush for Men. It is slightlysweeter onthe dry down and is almost non existant on my skin some eight hours later.

Maybe fans of the Rush fragrance will enjoy this,I found it slightly heavy for me to enjoy.

guess who has 2 sealed bottles?
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Went to my local H&M on Long Island and was told they would not get it.

Here's my catch.

Will be getting back with more info. For now I need some sleep.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Nice work Noalick!
    I see you rather smartly, acquired a few hangers too... I tend to always forget to ask!

here there were sold out within hours after midnight!!!sick.
    honestly people, is the stuff THAT great?

Nice shirt Noalick,

I went in at about 6pm and everything was gone - except for the womens clothes which there seemed to be a ton of...

Discrimination!