Code of Conduct

Default Puro Lino Eau de Toilette, better than Ivory Soap!

A million light years ahead of your typical Comme des Garcons type answer to the one word question: Clean?
    Yes, a clean fragrance that references nature instead of laundry detergent chemicals. Insanely different? Yes, perhaps. The humane Gendarme.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th April 2008 at 06:42 AM.

Default Re: Puro Lino Eau de Toilette, better than Ivory Soap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    A million light years ahead of your typical Comme des Garcons type answer to the one word question: Clean?
    Yes, a clean fragrance that references nature instead of laundry detergent chemicals. Insanely different? Yes, perhaps. The humane Gendarme.
    Ruggles - How is the longevity? Is it full bottle worthy? A few more words describing this one please if you can. I'm getting some samples from Luckyscent. Should I include Puro Lino.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Ruggles - How is the longevity? Is it full bottle worthy? A few more words describing this one please if you can. I'm getting some samples from Luckyscent. Should I include Puro Lino.
    Do you know Gendarme? PL is of the same ilk.
    I'm still working from my sample, but so far the longevity is good, at least 6 hours. The notes are: geranium, jasmine, verbena, neroli, green notes and musk. While the notes are well blended, I find the geranium dominates the opening, but the jasmine offers a nice counter point to its sharpness. Very sample worthy. I bought an entire bottle and plan to use it on those days that I need to balance out a Jicky or MKK binge.

The small sniff I inhaled last night ... one word ... crisp.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Basenotes Institution

What a coincidence Ruggles - I was checking out this line just last night on Lucky Scent and when I saw the Puro Lino bottle I kind of chuckled a little because it sounds like an Italian way to say 'White Linen' which sounds like that Lauder womans fragrance that I love. Which immediately begs the question, does it smell like White Linen?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    What a coincidence Ruggles - I was checking out this line just last night on Lucky Scent and when I saw the Puro Lino bottle I kind of chuckled a little because it sounds like an Italian way to say 'White Linen' which sounds like that Lauder womans fragrance that I love. Which immediately begs the question, does it smell like White Linen?
    Puro Lino - Pure Linen, White Linen would be Lino Blanco.
    If you managed to get those nose piercing aldehydes out of WL, it has some similarities, but it is closer to the women's Gendarme Carriere.
    I'm actually doing a side by side comparison with EL Pleasures. Pleasures has a real unpleasant synthetic note that kills it for me.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 17th April 2008 at 05:47 AM.

Basenotes Institution

So how was the longevity Ruggles? Soapy fragrances tend to disappear on my skin.

Sounds very interesting! I love the way the ivory shampoo use to smell and the closest I've come up with to smelling exactly like that is Datura Noir by SL.

I've been wearing my sample. The bottle is to arrive soon. The sample lasts, but I will give a full report after I'm able to spray a vast amount on my body. I'm still loving this crazy clean one.

Gentlemen, I'm wearing a sample of Puro Lino that just arrived from Luckscent. I don't do Gendarme. The "Clean" series is just toooooooo synthethic for my taste. From the moment I applied it I was enjoying a clean scent for the first time. It's everything you come to expect the statement "Now That's Italian" I can't comment on lasting power yet, but if there's any longevity to it, I'm buying a bottle. Finally, Clean Done Right.
    Last edited by thebeck; 20th April 2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I don't do Gendarme. The "Clean" series is just toooooooo synthethic for my taste. Finally, Clean Done Right.
    I agree, it really is a work of wonder, a *****, if there ever was one.

Of course I thought of Ivoire first. Clean and cool (however with an unwanted little stench). Are there similarities? Does it have a cool feeling, too? That's why there is nothing better for cushions and bedsheets in the summertime.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Of course I thought of Ivoire first. Clean and cool (however with an unwanted little stench). Are there similarities? Does it have a cool feeling, too? That's why there is nothing better for cushions and bedsheets in the summertime.
    I wouldn't call it's exactly cool, more neutral, the way linen retains its own, flat temperature, no matter how hot it gets. There's also that strict, but reassuring, in your face smell of starch. Do you mean Balmain's Ivoire?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 20th April 2008 at 02:52 AM.

Yes, Balmain's. Thanks for asking, I never knew of the other
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

So how was the longevity Ruggles? Soapy fragrances tend to disappear on my skin.
    I'm probably the number one complainer about low longevity on frags. I'll agree with "ruggles" 6 hours plus on me, which is a miracle IMO.

I have a strong feeling I might like this. Been looking for something clean like this.

Samples are on their way.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Could it be classified as a skin scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Could it be classified as a skin scent?
    You'll have to get some opinions on this, but mine is I believe it could be in the skin scent category.

Bummer. I hate skin scents, even the ones with longevity. There is nothing more annoying that to wear a skin scent with longevity but no sillage. Its there but it isn't.

Basenotes Institution

OK - I sampled this today (thanks Ruggles) and I loved it.

My grandmother owned very high end soaps from Spain, that she used to store in her bathroom and as linen sachets. These lemony, highly fragranced soaps remind me of the top notes of PL. The 'detergent' quality the scent achieves a few minutes after it's on your skin is slightly annoying (if you've ever hand washed clothes with Woolite in a small sink - you know what smell I'm talking about), but it soon transitions into a more complex, rich and breezy soap accord that also manages to stay nice and hushed.

I got some decent longevity from it also. The drydown was my favorite part - the jasmine/geranium base lingered for quite a while.

Impressive stuff!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th May 2008 at 03:02 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

OK - I sampled this today (thanks Ruggles) and I loved it.

My grandmother owned very high end soaps from Spain, that she used to store in her bathroom and as linen sachets. These lemony, highly fragranced soaps remind me of the top notes of PL. The 'detergent' quality the scent achieves a few minutes after it's on your skin is slightly annoying (if you've ever hand washed clothes with Woolite in a small sink - you know what smell I'm talking about), but it soon transitions into a more complex, rich and breezy soap accord that also manages to stay nice and hushed.

I got some decent longevity from it also. The drydown was my favorite part - the jasmine/geranium base lingered for quite a while.

Impressive stuff!
    I just received a sample from LuckyScent and like it so far. I used to use Irish Spring soap but had to give it up because my skin got to dryed out. PL reminds me of it. Mike, would you buy a bottle?
    Last edited by silverbullet; 10th October 2008 at 02:13 AM.

I bought a sample without reading LS's description. When I went back to the site, it was funny to read my exact thoughts: Simple and elegant. Like fresh white linen bed sheets near the beach. Like a rainy, lazy afternoon with your lover. It is soapy, but not Mugler Cologne kind of soapy. More ethereal and less astringent. Like a Kenzo scent raised to the niche power.

If gendarme = tide.
    Puro lino = organic soap.

It is a skin scent. Soft sweet skin scent.
    Last edited by irish; 10th October 2008 at 03:39 AM.

Hi, boys. I've ordered samples of Lino and Ivoire. They sound wonderful - can't wait! Question for those who know these fragrances: Would you reserve them for warm weather only?

Dammnit, yet another one I have to try as I love clean scents. It'll be hard to replace my Gendarme or OV though.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Hi, boys. I've ordered samples of Lino and Ivoire. They sound wonderful - can't wait! Question for those who know these fragrances: Would you reserve them for warm weather only?
    Personally, yes.

But if you feel comfortable wearing fragrances like this in cool weather, go ahead and do it!