Code of Conduct

Default Signoricci by Nina Ricci. Your thoughts?

Just tried it today. I didn't like it much at all. Smelled very inexpensive and one dimensional to me. I know it's very popular on basenotes. So what do you guys think of this fragrance?

By the way I'm not giving up on it yet. I'll keep trying it.

Default Re: Signoricci by Nina Ricci. Your thoughts?

I love Signoricci. Lemon lime that is chalk dry. It's such a classic citrus. Not sure about the ingredients: lemon for sure, but whether it's petitgrain, basil, cedar . . . whatever, the drydown is so dry with such a sparkling opening. Unique and very classy. Great for cool weather and spring.

When asking about what makes a great design I was given advice years ago, "when you roll it down a hill, nothing falls off." Signoricci is like this. This design is lean and tight! It works.

It is so hard to find (in Europe) I forget what it smelled like. Eternal spring in my book leaning more to the classical style of Roger & Gallet, Farina, Acqua di ... than what men expect from summer fragrances of 200X.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I agree with Buzzlepuff. Verrrrry highly rated on Basenotes and I got it blind. I'm not sure what I was expecting, still I don't regret it. It's a great scent--a super fresh dry opening with lemon/lime and the drydown is musk and citrus. I also get a very strong fresh cilantro note in it (not basil as listed). It doesn't displease me but I find it unusual. And it has a floral heart including jasmin.
    There's a part that I'm a little unsure about. It vaguely reminds me of Dali Laguna (I know, scary) and I can't say how or why. It's a beach/suntan lotion type accord that comes and goes. I'm not sure if it's the combination of citurs and jasmin (b/c I also smell Eau Sauvage way back there...in intervals--but she wishes...); or something to do with the cilantro.
    It is different than your other citrus scents and has good longevity for me. It'll make for a unique item in your wardrobe that no one else around you has. No regrets but Eau Sauvage it isn't. IF you don't already have Eau Sauvage, go for ES instead.
    RM