Code of Conduct

Default dzongkha -- celery, cucumber, vinaigrette; salad, anyone?

So, I just took a shower and, for the hell of hit, hit myself with dzongkha. All this talk of L'Artisan and all. I've only worn it one other time and wasn't impressed. Still not.

Basically, I get an accord of celery and possibly cucumber with vinaigrette. Heavy at first, then the scents blend...and that's it. What am I missing here? I don't get incense and certainly don't get something "oriental" and remotely like incenses I have from that part of the world.

???

Default Re: dzongkha -- celery, cucumber, vinaigrette; salad, anyone?

Hmm ... perhaps someone replaced your bottle with salad dressing ?
    Seriously .... Krizia Uomo is a great spicy Italian salad dressing as is Yatagan for the French , I like them both . I must try Dzongha one day .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I can sort of see where you're coming from...it does have a tangy, vinager-like quality about it....I happen to really like that though!

Haha. When I first sprayed it, it smelled exactly like Zatarain's crab boil, I kid you not.

I do get the incense, later. I love Dzongkha!

I suggest you give it another chance, it may grow on you!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I only really started loving it once the iris became more evident to me...now I love it, but I can't say I did at first.

For me - no celery, no cucumber or vinaigrette...
    Iris, smoke, vetiver, later incense
    I remember that I did not like it in first - but half a year later I found it marvellous!

My SOTD and I feel divine!
    Something smoky in it reminds me about Bois d`Ombrie also same hand, same nose...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    I remember that I did not like it in first - but half a year later I found it marvellous!

My SOTD and I feel divine!
    Something smoky in it reminds me about Bois d`Ombrie also same hand, same nose...
    When I first tested it I liked it immediately: probably due to the heady green and dewy floral accents of the opening, probably for the rush of leather in the middle and for sure for the vetiver+incense+heady magnolia I get from the drydown. So no salad dressing for me either
    It's curious that I tested yesterday Bois d'Ombrie and Sienne l'Hiver and indeed Dzongka reminded me more of Sienne than BdO.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 18th April 2008 at 07:55 AM.

Red face Re: dzongkha -- celery, cucumber, vinaigrette; salad, anyone?

Interesting note. People write about L'Artisan fragrances not lasting. Well, it's 10:12 where I am (Italy) and it has last 24 solid solid. And, here's the really interesting thing: this morning, my wife really liked it -- I was feeling so negative about it that her reaction took me aback.

It does now, and did last switch, move toward a vetiver accord and away from the weird celery thing.

At the price, I'm not going to chuck it -- I'm going to give it some good tries and, next time, maybe just one spritz instead of two. It may have been too much of a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    When I first tested it I liked it immediately: probably due to the heady green and dewy floral accents of the opening, probably for the rush of leather in the middle and for sure for the vetiver+incense+heady magnolia I get from the drydown. So no salad dressing for me either
    I'll join the chorus here.

For me it was love at first sniff and I don't smell any cucumber, celery nor vinegar either... The only edible thing I smell in it is the fruity top note, I think it's lychee but it reminds me slightly of raspberry. Whatever it is, it's lovely.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Oh yes highdudgeon - your skin chemistry and mine are very alike because I also just smelled the sour vegetal notes you described. I have described it here on the boards as steam filtered apple cider vinegar. Yes, it smells like vinegar used in cooking. Got NO incense, no fruits.

Be warned: Dachaufour uses this same accord in a few different of his scents and all of them smell 'vinegary' to me: Timbuktu, Eau d'Italie and a few others I can't remember.

I 'gave them a try', mind you: 4 to 5 full wearings. Still vinegar.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 18th April 2008 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    I'll join the chorus here.

For me it was love at first sniff and I don't smell any cucumber, celery nor vinegar either... The only edible thing I smell in it is the fruity top note, I think it's lychee but it reminds me slightly of raspberry. Whatever it is, it's lovely.
    Oh yep chère Tigresse, I forgot about the lychee, that's probably what makes the topnotes even more dewy and indeed with that fruity edge you talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by highdudgeon View Post

Basically, I get an accord of celery and possibly cucumber with vinaigrette.
    You make it sound better than it actually is.
    Renato