Code of Conduct

Default Is my M7 a fake?

A few months back i bought a bottle of m7 under the belief that its discuntinued and i was unable to find any on the online stores at the time. I did find a bottle but i forget witch site. Anyways When i receive the bottle It was Clear with an Amber sticker on the back and a silver sprayer. All of the photos I've seen have been an all amber bottle and a black sprayer. so I'm curious if its a fake or just a dumbed downed bottle for us americans?

Default Re: Is my M7 a fake?

Since we can't post pictures at the present time, please check out the Basenotes Directory for M7 Fresh: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123565.html

Is that the bottle you have?
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 16th April 2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I dont think thats it. the juice is smells like smoked wood and the reviews for fresh are just that fresh. Maybe ysl used some remaining fresh bottle since it is limited edition to put m7 in. but that doesnt make since plus i dont know why they would put a cheap amber colored sticker on the back. i think they would have more pride in there products. and the box was for M7.

Is there a cap? If not, it may be a tester that has a sticker (since the retail bottle has no other markings). The sprayer is silver not black. In pictures it may come out like that because of the reflection. As for the color of the bottle, by "amber", you mean darker, right? If not, a pinkish/light brown bottle is M7 Fresh.
    How about the bottom of the bottle?

It came with a cap its dark or amber colored. The bottom of the bottle says M7 and the bottle is perfectly clear with no hues or anything

Does the bottle or box say that it is an eau de toilette?

Perhaps they sent you an after shave lotion.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 16th April 2008 at 11:44 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

It says eau de toilette. Everything looks legit except the clear bottle. It annoys me because i want that dark bottle. I dont really want to buy another bottle of the same thing when its still full, i'd rather buy something else.

Quote Originally Posted by naking View Post
    All of the photos I've seen have been an all amber bottle and a black sprayer.
    YSL M7 to my knowledge has an amber colored cap and body with a silver sprayer, not a black one.

Pictures would be helpful. I think you can still post pictures, I did earlier, or at least post a link without hotlinking it.

Anyways, by the sounds of it, the bottle is probably M7 Fresh and the sticker makes it sound to be a tester, so it comes with no cap, but maybe they were kind enough to place a regular amber cap on top to help out.

Don't know just thinking..
    Last edited by nsamadi; 16th April 2008 at 11:50 PM.

That's puzzling. So everything else is right except the color of the bottle and that sticker. Not A/S it says EDT...How about the quality of the glass (bottle) or the cap (cap should be high quality solid plastic).
    I wish you could post a picture.

I bought a 50ml bottle of M7 EdT a few months ago in the UK, and it's the same- clear glass with one large face painted brown and a silver sprayer; the cap is the same as usual. Furthermore, it is definitely not M7 Fresh. The shop tester was amber glass with a silver sprayer.

Perhaps they want to use up the clear bottles originally intended for M7 Fresh and just painted a different side; either that or they just cheapened the packaging.
    Last edited by chopped49; 17th April 2008 at 12:02 AM.

Hm, interesting. So that's two people.

Naking, does the amber sticker say anything? Like YSL, or M7. Is yours the 100 or 50 mL?

Maybe these are just new batches of M7, and you guys have newer stock? Pictures would be helpful, if you could snap a few and upload them.

It does not say anything on the sticker or the glass. The cap is high quality plastic. The only thing i know how to do with computers is turn them on and off so I wont be able to provide pictures.

Interesting, so the cap is not the usual glass bottle cap.

I think you have a tester naking. I've seen M7 testers with black, plastic caps that cover the sprayer. The usual glass caps are the same width dimensions as the bottle, and are amber as well.

I've seen M7 testers with stickers, but usually the bottle is amber. I have never seen a plain amber sticker on one side of a clear bottle.

I'm not sure about choppard's bottle though.

i forget witch site.
    You have to quit buying frags from witches, dude. They're pure evilllllll!!! (in my best Donald Pleasance voice). But seriously, I doubt there's any incentive to counterfeit M7 as it's not too hard to find at a decent price. I bought a bottle myself for $20 at the Maxx a few years ago.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    I bought a bottle myself for $20 at the Maxx a few years ago.
    That was a great find. Unfortunately, M7 has not made an appearance at any of the discount stores for quite some time now.

It does not say anything on the sticker or the glass. The cap is high quality plastic. The only thing i know how to do with computers is turn them on and off so I wont be able to provide pictures.
    Find a friend (I hope you have a few ) with a digital camera and take some pictures, and they are very easy to upload to a picture website, and link to it. Without pictures, I don't know how you would expect us to tell you if it's fake or not, we can only speculate, leading nowhere. With a picture you will have an answer within a few minutes...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

It's not a fake. I think nsamadi's guess is most probably correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    It's not a fake. I think nsamadi's guess is most probably correct.
    If naking hadn't mentioned the scent to smell like smoked wood, I would agree. I have M7 Fresh, and if anything, it's fruit loops (in a good way, cf. the reviews) rather than smoked wood. Also, my M7 Fresh has a sticker on the bottom saying it's M7 Fresh.

Well, I have another question about my M7.
    I think the bottle is alright and it smells good. At the same time, recently in stores I see that boxes have large M7 on them. Mine has smaller M7. Does anybody have a picture of the box or does anybody know if they ever changed fonts on the boxes?
    Last edited by Boal; 18th April 2008 at 01:57 PM.

I really really *REALLY* can't wait for you to upload a picture of your bottle.