Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alternatives to Joop! Nightflight?

Does anyone know of anything that smells similar to Joop Nightflight? Its my girlfriends favorite, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. I don't like the top notes that much, but the dry down is beautiful. I cant really pin-point the exact notes that I enjoy though

I get a slight similarity in Cool Water, but asides from that I've never smelt anything even remotely like it.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Alternatives to Joop! Nightflight?

I do not know why but it kind of reminds me of Claiborne Sport. Other than that I would look into COmptoir Sud Pacifique.
    Last edited by irish; 18th April 2008 at 05:17 AM.

Similar (but better) to Joop Nightflight is Heaven by Chopard.
    Heaven begin is somethink like Cool Water and the end is like Burrbery Men.
    http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...urberrymen.jpg

Heaven is hard to find. In shop U can find in USA. In Europa only on ebay.com.
    I don't know how it's looks in your country.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so far guys. I guess not many have smelt Nightflight so its hard to recommend something that similar to it I actually bought a bottle of Adidas Game Spirit deoderant today which has a similar smell to Nightflight :O
    Last edited by Anthony87; 18th April 2008 at 01:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Off the top of my head I'd have said Clairborne Sport too, but my memory of Nightflight isn't so good, since few seem to have testers for it where it's sold.

I've never been that taken by Nightflight, so I don't really agree with the Chopard Heaven recommendation - because I really like Heaven from the first instant I smelled it - I had to have it.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Erm,Dunhill Fresh anyone?They both smell,well,fresh to me...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Joop! homme and Night Flight. There is lots copies of original homme, but I didn't smell anything near to night flight: No Dunhill Fresh, No Cool Water and nothing else. Night Flight is something very special. I think it has a romantic, fresh evening style which is completely unique.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a bottle of Nightflight and after wearing it for a month or so, had to give it away. On me, I liked the pineapple/citrus opening but it was the nitro-musk in the drydown that turned my stomach. The musk was a musky marzipan accord...a foody musk. Even the thought turns my stomach!

OK, I have a suggestion. Have you tried Montale Soliel de Capri? It's a citrusy musk (white musk) but of high quality.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I like to say that I appreciate your opinion about Nightflight, Anthony, and everything I'm going to say about that scent is just a reflection of my personal taste, nothing else.
    Nightflight was my worst blind buy ever. Now, whenever I start to think about a purchase of some scent without smelling it first my best friend forewarn me: „Did you forget your balk with Nightflight?“... and I instantly stop to think about another blind buy.
    When I smelt Nightflight for the first time I thought that it is similar to Cool Water, but I don’t think that anymore.
    I know that many of you won’t agree with that, but Nightflight is pretty soapy (which is not a bad thing a priori).
    In sum, whenever I need some fresh, synthetic scent I rather choose Mugler Cologne.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    First of all, I like to say that I appreciate your opinion about Nightflight, Anthony, and everything I'm going to say about that scent is just a reflection of my personal taste, nothing else.
    Nightflight was my worst blind buy ever. Now, whenever I start to think about a purchase of some scent without smelling it first my best friend forewarn me: „Did you forget your balk with Nightflight?“... and I instantly stop to think about another blind buy.
    When I smelt Nightflight for the first time I thought that it is similar to Cool Water, but I don’t think that anymore.
    I know that many of you won’t agree with that, but Nightflight is pretty soapy (which is not a bad thing a priori).
    In sum, whenever I need some fresh, synthetic scent I rather choose Mugler Cologne.
    Everyones entitled to their own opinion, and I can see not everyone loving Nightflight :P I must admit the top notes are sometimes a bit too much, but once its been on for 5-10 mins it smells great, in my opinion. The main reason I'm looking for alternatives is because out of everything I own, Nightflight is my girlfriends favorite.
    I own Mugler Cologne too. Its definately one of the favorites, but I'm a little dissapointed by the longevity

Y'know, I'm just sampling Dali's Le Roy de Soleil for the first time, and the first thing I thought was "Hmm, this really reminds me of Nightflight!"

Now, in Nightflight I get a lot of metallic pineapple in the opening and into the heart, whereas with Le Roy it's more of a metallic orange with a hint of sourness.

The drydowns aren't the same, but are similar in character I think. It's definitely worth a sniff.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Try Clinique Happy.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I'm almost sure the 'ozone' note in Le Roy Soleil is the same as that in Nightflight - it's got that bright metallic quality to it.

The drydown in Le Roy is primarily a bitter orange with that ozonic note still hanging around, over cedar (and some tobacco and other woods, but the primary wood note is cedar.)

As long as it wasn't that ozonic note that you hated in Nightflight, I think Le Roy is worth a sample.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Ended up buying Claiborne Sport blind. Its definately in the same vein as Nightflight, and it lasts longer on me (even though its an edc!)
    Will try to get around to sampling le Roy Soleil eventually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Does anyone know of anything that smells similar to Joop Nightflight? Its my girlfriends favorite, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. I don't like the top notes that much, but the dry down is beautiful. I cant really pin-point the exact notes that I enjoy though

I get a slight similarity in Cool Water, but asides from that I've never smelt anything even remotely like it.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
    I wouldn't worry about it. I never got to try Nightflight, but the top notes in most fragrances only last for 20-30 minutes. If the dry down is as beautiful as you say it is, then I think it's worth it to put up with mediocre top notes for a little while. This way you're not wasting money on a scent that probably won't be similar, and your gf will be happy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Thanks guys. Ended up buying Claiborne Sport blind. Its definately in the same vein as Nightflight, and it lasts longer on me (even though its an edc!)
    Will try to get around to sampling le Roy Soleil eventually
    Interesting. I see that for sale allll the time at TJMaxx and Marshall's. I had a sample of Nightflight and I liked it, but I felt my L'eau Par Kenzo filled that "citrusy fresh and kinda sweet" thing already for me. If I didn't have the Kenzo, I'd definitely buy a bottle of Nightflight.