Code of Conduct

Default SotD Friday 18 April

Another day in Eau de Charlotte, have a fabulous Friday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Friday 18 April

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your blessings and kind words.
    I celebrated my birthday with my friends in Chiang Mai in Thailand. I went to see the long neck hill tribes and enjoyed a few relaxing days away from civilzation

Thanks to those who wore my favourite scents on my birthdaY!

I brought a few samples from the Ava Luxe line (Rasa, Film Noir, Creme Brulee), Michael Kors and Kenzo Summer for this trip. I didn't make much purchase on my trip except for a bottle of cold pressed coconut oil and a floral top.

I am back to work and I am now wearing Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera Eau De Parfum. This is a lovely jasmine and I seriously think it is under-rated.

I'm off to work in Egoiste today.Perfect for this grey wintherday. Have a great friday everybody

TGIF!

Jicky for me today. I keep liking it better and better.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

So I was greeted again this morning with the familiar BN message "Server is too busy" Frankly speaking, this is getting ridiculous.

Rant over, and :wave: to Coco and I'm glad you had a lovely birthday.

My Sotd: Elixir des Merveilles - Hermès.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Ralph Hot for me. This one is fun and really lasts for me. I probably won't buy it again though.
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

Today I tested one of my own perfume oils. It actually was a bit of an accident and I only made enough for one wearing. I didn't record exactly what was in it (being an accident) although I remember it was based around vanilla/benzoin and this odd cocoa oil that I have with a bit of patchouli. It smelled ok and lasted about 9 hours - bf liked it so it must have been at least vaguely decent . But his SotD was a much more sophisticated vanilla - Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Bottle of Fleurs de Bulgarie arrived in the mail today so that will be my SotE
    Last edited by jillsy; 18th April 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Kisses all 'round...!
    Off to work, in the much ignored and delicately lovely original Aqaba-
    Peachy oriental, soooo soft.

Couldn't get on-line here yesterday, either !

In Amarige today. Looking forward to the weekend!

Basenotes Institution

Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Aquolina Pink Sugar for me today. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

:
    Happy Birthday Coconut!!!

Today it's L'Or de Torrente...
    (Musse if you're lurking- Thank You, I really love this scent!)

I have to practice patience here...think Grant is trying to get our 'drobes organized http://community.basenotes.net/showt...wpost&t=208938...and then there was that piece in the Style Section of the NYTimes yesterday (featuring the fabulous Chaya and the equally fabulous BaseNotes!!) ...http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/fa...html?ref=style...and I'm sure that caused MOLTO hits on the site. For better and worse....Nothing succeeds like success.

Supposed to be HOTHOTHOT today....so maybe Tabaróme Millésime....tobacco, ginger...bergamot. Rully swell!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 18th April 2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Misplaced url tag
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Yes, I too fell victim to the "server too busy" thing yesterday -- wildly frustrating for us regulars, but I'm REALLY looking forward to having our wardrobes back, so I'm trying to practice patience.

I have been having an intense craving for cardamom lately, and finally did something about it -- bought a cardamom single note perfume from Serena. It's perfect, especially for layering.

Today I'm wearing Ava Luxe Cardamom layered with Annick Goutal Chevrefeuille. I'm finding it incredibly satisfying... the nosmic (is that a word? Figure it must be, based on "anosmic"! ) equivalent of scratching an itch!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Verte Violette

I tried posting this yesterday but kept getting the dreaded server busy message.

So, today, I am wearing it again because I liked it so much: Bond No. 9 Chinatown from a sample I received last Saturday.

The opening notes I don't care for that much but it immediately moves on to a very lovely floral dominated by Gardenia and tuberose. Normally I find gardenia perfume oppressive but this one worked for me. I much prefer cutting the gardenia flowers from my backyard bush and putting them in water around the house but this one was great. About an hour later, I could smell sandalwood/cedarwood and somehting that smelled to me like church incense. I had my dh sniff but he said I was crazy about the incense. Coudl this be Guaiac wood which is listed as a base note? In any case this fragrance works wonderfully for me with very lasting sillage. It will go in my wish list.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Artisan Dzongkha as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Rain, rain go away...

No. 19 EDT

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Yes, the wardrobes are "phoenixing," but wonky. For instance, blending the "to test" frags with the "collection" ones:
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/3939

If you know your member number, you can view your wardrobe, too.

Doing some serious cleaning, cooking and organizing today. Wearing Chanel Bel Respiro (partly cuz Turin dissed it ).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Fumerie Turque for me!

Lulllaby first thing, but then I tested Stelly McCartney Peony and EL's
    Bronze Godess . The combination of the three is quite awesome!!

It's all about Jolie Madame for me today! I'm in love with this. Feeling like a poised, sophisticated version of myself, so much so that I opted for heels and a skirt today! Wheee!

black orchid for the day. not sure what i'll wear tonight for the exotica convention in miami beach this evening if i go. perhaps cuir de russie.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Talking Re: SotD Friday 18 April

Musc Ravageur for me - in a daring mood.

I am wearing Coney Island from a sample sent by Bleu. I really like it- but every now and then I get a sniff of something off. Not sure what it is...

Lally
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Etro Heliotrope today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I couldn't get in yes. either, so Happy Belated Birthday COCO!!

I'm in JUICY COUTURE today, (also worn yesterday).

Looking forward to reading the NYT's article! Go CHAYA!!!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Yep, crazy busy on here yesterday!
    So I didn't post my night-time scent
    which was Pink Sugar

Today, and happy Friday to all,
    I'm wearing Jasmin de Nuit .
    My confidence booster scent.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Hoping to clear the morning fog here today so I'm in Fleurissimo. I think it's working...I see blue!

Blog Entries

Wearing mitsouko today and it's reading almost VANILLA today. I hate Vanilla so that isn't fun. must be the heat....blech.

Testing:
    SERGE LUTENS
    Tubéreuse Criminelle
    (Thanks Silverbullet!)

Happy belated Birthday to Coconut, it sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxing time.

Today I am wearing vintage Rafinee extrait by Houbigant; I had it on last night, and it is still so powerful I just wore it again.

I also have been having trouble entering the site, which is why I am now so rarely on here, I don't have the time to keep trying.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Mitsouko today. I'm reaching for this one a lot lately!

CB I Hate Perfume - Narcissus
    Courtesy of the lovely and fabulous Taolady!
    :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Thank you!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Caron's Pour une Femme for me today.

Penhaligon's Violetta.

Blog Entries

Agent Provocateur. I've had the sample for several months now (came with something else), and never tried it because I didn't know it was a chypre! I didn't know because I never opened up the card and read it! Silly me. Anyway, I'm lovin' it.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

eau des merveilles

Another wearing of Dolce Vita for me today, becoming a firm fave with its sweet warmth. Someone I met was wearing D&G Sicily today and smelling so wonderful that I want to revisit this frag as soon as poss. Translate that as - I want a bottle NOW!

Miller Harris Figue Amere. A dry Philosykos.

Premier Figuier
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Sote is a decant of Rochas Mystere. Smells like dry,spicy roses and a touch of dry leaves in the autumn on me.

SotD was the great Songes edp from Annick Goutal, nose Isabelle Doyen with Camille Goutal.

SotE is Bulgari Black, nose Annick Menardo.

Some would opine that these two share a distinct aroma of burning rubber, but I don't get that at all from Songes, and only at a push from Bulgari Black. My love for Songes has been going on for quite a while, but BB is a new find. I bought 40ml for peanuts a few days ago.

I would love this unreservedly if not for one note which I find troublesome in many other fragrances, too - cedar. Too often it is rendered as a slightly slimey note that is offputting. There is cedarwood in Lux which I love, and there it is free of this sliminess and allows me to enjoy the frag unimpeded. I smell it far too much in SL's Bois de Violette to the point where I have to wash it away. I'm not technical enough to know what goes on when cedar is blended, but I know I'm always cautious of it. As long as it blends subtly and dryly, and is not dominant, I'm OK.

That said, Bulgari Black is a wonderful woodsy,vanillic,scent. I can't recall ever smelling this on any man I know (I aim to correct that now), and I certainly don't know any women who wear it. Sprayed into the air in my car it was FABULOUS, and my skin likes it well enough, especially the drydown.

Over the lingering remains of Tabarome Millesime (MAN that stuff's got longevity) Tabac Blond Extrait - a sample from a Mystery Basenoter (I get them all mixed up. Sorry!) to whom I will be forever beholden. The creaminess of this frag is wonderful.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

SOTD was Dior Homme.
    SOTE is Bois d'Ombrie.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Versace EDP
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Film Noir by Ava Luxe tonight

Been in Annick Goutal Songes all day

Testing Amyitis

Magot - Etro

Armani Code Pour Homme.
    Gary

The server was "too busy" in the morning, right now it is working fine. Wearing Salvatore Ferragamo EdP for the evening -- got it from a fellow Basenoter. It is my second bottle, I bought one last year but swapped it away and then was craving it back. The "back" part did not seem possible, so another BNer came to the rescue.

Mailed out 4 packages today, planning to mail some more next week.

SOTE:

Ormonde Jayne
    ISFARKAND

Thanks Silverbullet!