Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    These nuns really know how to make a decent lemon scent. Initially it smells kind of similar to mix between Etro's Lemon Sorbet and YSL Homme, but it has much better lasting power on me.

    I couldn't find a listing for it in the Basenotes directory.

    Anybody else tried it?
    Renato

  2. #2

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    Never heard of it, but it sounds like one I should track down. I've got the hots for verbena.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  3. #3
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    I used to see the Le Couvent des Minimes line sold in Bath & Body Works. More recently I have seen their products in Dillards, but have not tried their Verbena & Lemon EDT. I will be curious to see how it compares to L'Occitane's Verbena EDT, which I really like.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  4. #4

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Never heard of it, but it sounds like one I should track down. I've got the hots for verbena.
    It's cheaper than the L'Occitane one is down here, and I really like it - I almost bought it today. But what held me back is that it's a unisex scent, and I don't wear my other unisex ones all that much.
    Renato

  5. #5

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    These nuns really know how to make a decent lemon scent. Anybody else tried it?
    Le Couvent des Minimes was a joint venture between L'Occitaine and Bath & Body Works. I thought that it was a good idea: Bath & Body Works is in more malls, and different malls than L'Occitaine. L'Occitaine would get penetration in markets they were not currently in, with little cost. Putting a different name on it would prevent dilution of L'Occitaine's name. The products were less expensive than L'Occitaine's own.

    Unfortunately, it did not work out too well. Maybe the price point was too high for our stores, or maybe it just couldn't get traction considering all of the other lines we carry. L'Occitaine and Bath & Body Works went their separate ways, and we sold all of our stock for 90% off. (I bought everything we had.) L'Occitaine took the line, added a couple of dollars to every price tag, and is now selling it at department stores such as Belk's.

    The packaging is lovely, heavy glass and retro-Provencal labeling.

    What I get from Verbena and Lemon is just that -- Lemon and Verbena, surprisingly long-lasting. Just a simple little nice-smelling thing to wear in the heat of Summer.

    The Lavender and Acacia is very nice, too: Very bitter and bracing. I love lavender, but I hate sweet, vanilla-lavender, which is about all that anyone is doing.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I used to see the Le Couvent des Minimes line sold in Bath & Body Works. More recently I have seen their products in Dillards, but have not tried their Verbena & Lemon EDT. I will be curious to see how it compares to L'Occitane's Verbena EDT, which I really like.
    Unfortunately, it's been quite a while since I tested the L'Occitane one and all I remember is that I gave it a mental okay. I'll try test it next week to compare to the Nun's one. Still, how different can the verbena scents be - they're both from Provence aren't they?

    Also, the aluminium cap and spray mechanism of the Nun's bottle looks suspiciously similar to the L'Occitane ones.
    Renato
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Le Couvent des Minimes was a joint venture between L'Occitaine and Bath & Body Works. I thought that it was a good idea: Bath & Body Works is in more malls, and different malls than L'Occitaine. L'Occitaine would get penetration in markets they were not currently in, with little cost. Putting a different name on it would prevent dilution of L'Occitaine's name. The products were less expensive than L'Occitaine's own.

    Unfortunately, it did not work out too well. Maybe the price point was too high for our stores, or maybe it just couldn't get traction considering all of the other lines we carry. L'Occitaine and Bath & Body Works went their separate ways, and we sold all of our stock for 90% off. (I bought everything we had.) L'Occitaine took the line, added a couple of dollars to every price tag, and is now selling it at department stores such as Belk's.

    The packaging is lovely, heavy glass and retro-Provencal labeling.

    What I get from Verbena and Lemon is just that -- Lemon and Verbena, surprisingly long-lasting. Just a simple little nice-smelling thing to wear in the heat of Summer.

    The Lavender and Acacia is very nice, too: Very bitter and bracing. I love lavender, but I hate sweet, vanilla-lavender, which is about all that anyone is doing.
    Well, that explains the suspicion I expressed in my previous post. Thanks for that.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 18th April 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #7

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    Sounds like something from L'Occitane.

  8. #8
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Verbena & Lemon Eau de Provence EDT by Le Couvent des Minimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Le Couvent des Minimes was a joint venture between L'Occitaine and Bath & Body Works. I thought that it was a good idea: Bath & Body Works is in more malls, and different malls than L'Occitaine. L'Occitaine would get penetration in markets they were not currently in, with little cost. Putting a different name on it would prevent dilution of L'Occitaine's name. The products were less expensive than L'Occitaine's own.

    Unfortunately, it did not work out too well. Maybe the price point was too high for our stores, or maybe it just couldn't get traction considering all of the other lines we carry. L'Occitaine and Bath & Body Works went their separate ways, and we sold all of our stock for 90% off. (I bought everything we had.) L'Occitaine took the line, added a couple of dollars to every price tag, and is now selling it at department stores such as Belk's.

    The packaging is lovely, heavy glass and retro-Provencal labeling.

    What I get from Verbena and Lemon is just that -- Lemon and Verbena, surprisingly long-lasting. Just a simple little nice-smelling thing to wear in the heat of Summer.

    The Lavender and Acacia is very nice, too: Very bitter and bracing. I love lavender, but I hate sweet, vanilla-lavender, which is about all that anyone is doing.

    Ahhh, that explains why I thought there were many similarities between Le Couvent des Minimes and L'Occitane.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000