Code of Conduct

Default Difference between spraying on Skin v/s Fabric

hello Guys and Gurls,

is there any difference between spraying a scent on Skin v/s Fabric? does the scent progress the same way as skin on a fabric...? is the sillage same? could anyone shed light on this evolution....?

thnx!

Default Re: Difference between spraying on Skin v/s Fabric

just to give you an idea, it's like seeing a color with artificial light and with natural sunlight. Skin warmth makes the scent develop more, opening and expressing all its olfactive path at it's full. Fabric makes it stay almost still, not also getting personal, changing and emphasizing some aspets rather than other due to your skin chem, greasiness, PH etc... Moreover consider some juices can spot your clothes too.

yup, makes sense... the problem is i develop rashes (call me unlucky) and i was hopin fabric gives the same sillage and stages as in skin...

fragrances are built for skin usage. and their dry down properties are customised for skin chemistry. sillage will be less but longevity will be more when used on fabric... i prefer spraying on both fabric and skin at the same time. it s surely optimum usage for most fragrances. but fragrances who have more perfume oil than others (such as givenchy pi) can stain your shirts... be careful on application.

It used to be fashionable (before WW2) for gentlemen to have a subtly scented handkerchief on his person to offer.

In Perfumes:the Guide Luca Turin talks about some fragrances "unfolding in slow motion" on fabric - so you ought to try it and see. Perhaps some show their entire scent profile just rather slowly, and some may develop differently without the body heat and body oils present
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Blog Entries

I apply scent on skin and fabric - usually a t-shirt. The top notes last most of the day and it does develop in a different way. Slower, but still exposed to body heat to help release it. Combined with the development on the skin, it gives a nice rounded development through the day.

Citrus frags should not be applied to clothing exposed to the sun - the clothing will spot.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

it lasts longer on clothes, i could still smell the le male i used like 3 weeks ago on the sweater i wore today, i was wondering what the smell was all day before it finally hit me.. funny thing is the vs very sexy i used this morning faded in under 2 hours and the 3 weeks old le male was still there and you could still smell it without actually having to sniff me i usually spray on both my skin and clothes, i heard on your clothes the scent dont really "progress" much

Fragrances seem to bloom more on your skin while others seem to have a bit more longevity on your shirt.