Code of Conduct

Default No. 1 by Clive Christian - $2,350 per 1oz?

Have anyone tried No. 1 by Clive Christian? It's an extremely expensive fragrance; So I was wondering - is it really worth it?

Default Re: No. 1 by Clive Christian - $2,350 per 1oz?

Quote Originally Posted by perfumewoman View Post
    Have anyone tried No. 1 by Clive Christian? It's an extremely expensive fragrance; So I was wondering - is it really worth it?
    Have I tried it? Yes. Is it nice? Yes. Is it worth the $$$? No.

Save up another few hundred dollars and buy yourself jewellery from Cartier instead.

Yes, it's very complex and rich to me. It's the balance between the Indian jasmine, mandarin and sandalwood, IMO

2,350.00 If I had that, I would.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Ah clive that well known kitchen designer.

To be honest which bottle does it come in?
    They are always banging on about how expensive CC is but then you discover the bottle is rock crystal with diamonds on it. This adds most of the cost. If you buy the normal plain bottle the price is $$ compared to other high end brands.
    DONNA

65% of the listed price can be attributed to the dazzling crystals and jewels adorning the bottle.

There's a standard version which retails for $220 for 3.4 Oz.
    -

I dont think any fragrance is worth over 2 grand. Maybe if the bottle is done with enough bells and whistles you can market a fragrance at the price range but the fragrance itself is nowhere near worth that much money. If you put the fragrance in a square, glass bottle with absolutely no adornments how much is the fragrance worth then?
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by perfumewoman View Post
    is it really worth it?
    Try to get your hands on a sample and find out if YOU think it is worth it!
    I have never tried it, but sometimes I feel tempted to buy a bottle in that price range, for a somewhat odd reason: If I did, I could not afford to buy any more frags for like.....years.., and maybe that would put an end to my *the-next-frag-I-buy-will-surely-be-my-HG-forever* mania....
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

From what I was told by a Clive Christian SA last week, they don't make samples of their scents anymore. I guess they weren't making enough margin off their overpriced juice to justify the expense.

I'm boycotting it on general principle...

Teddius

me too (re: Tedius), I didn´t want brilliants but scent, they should offer various packing with/without decoration. Thus I ignore them.

The travel set is not a bad idea of you like other scents in the line - my favorite is X, but I also like the 1872. You get 10 ml of the three perfumes: No. 1, 1872, and X. It's not cheap - maybe 275 USD?, but it's a large sample size of the entire line. The No. 1 was leathery; didn't smell that great on me, so I gave it away along with the 1872, kept the X.

They do offer the scents without the crazy packaging. You can by the 100ml 1872 or X for $400.00 at Paris Galllery in the UAE. They are larger bottles without the fancy packaging. Just standard carton boxes with the Clive logo. The is no 100ml No. 1 version though. Here they are 50ml for $350.