Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances you are starting to warm up to?

For myself, I have been warming up to amyitis. I pure straight hated that wax smell that is so dominant. With more repeated wearings, I notice the wax a little less and finally discovered the beauty of this fragrance. It is in the drydown. If you can get past the wax, heaven awaits. I find that when I wear it on my skin, the wax tends to burn off more rapidly to get to the goods.

What fragrance have you been persistant with and are starting to have a change of mind, slightly?

Default Re: Fragrances you are starting to warm up to?

I have always disliked my blindbought DKNY Be Delicious. I bought it about half a year ago and have only weared it in public once before, and I hated it. But yesterday I felt I wanted to wear something different, so I used only one spray of the DKNY and I really liked the way I smelled all day long. Maybe my taste has changed or maybe i OD:d the first time...

Post Thanks / Like

Fumerie Turque. From the wax sample it was the usual Lutens dark, heavy, very sweet mess. But my friend also sent me some drops in a bottle. The top notes were spicy and heavy also, first I didn't give enough time to it, and didn't like it. But some days later luckily I gave it one more chance and a full day wearing. The weather was getting warmer and on my skin it could then open up. Now it's the third consecutive day and I'm loving it more and more, warming up to it.
    Last edited by Sandy; 19th April 2008 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bvlgari Aqua. I want to like it as it always smelled good on paper. When I leave the paper in my car overnight, the next morning my car smells nice. I have never liked it on myself though. However, I keep sampling it at the stores. I am starting to warm up to it and it very well be my next purchase.

I am back cold again on Amyitis. I just don't see how $200 justifies the experience, or lack there of, that the wearer gets. Although the drydown is ok, it is still a $65 fragrance. I am afraid it was not meant to be. The wax note is so hard to get past and the drydown doesn't make up for the wait. I have to yield my eternal pass on this one.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Dior Homme.

Weird, but the 'makeup' note pushed it's way to the background, and the iris sings on my skin now. I spritzed the last of my mini on last week before I stepped into bed and all night I felt like a warm, fuzzy blanket surrounded me. It 'clicked'.