Code of Conduct

Thread: Versace L'Homme

Default Versace L'Homme

Over the past month or so I have occasionally gone into to my friendly, neighborhood Gordman's. They have had tons of Versace L'Homme. I would always get a spritz and would not be crazy about the top notes (too green?) but love the dry down. I could never pull the trigger on getting it. A while back they had one bottle left and I got it. Am I ever glad that I did. What a great fragrance it has become to me.. I am getting to like the top better and the dry down is a wonderful spicy, herbal, masculine and classy fragrance. I am totally stoked on it. For its release date, IMHO, it is very modern and very underrated. I love it. Anybody else have any thoughts on this one? Thanks.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 19th April 2008 at 03:07 AM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Default Re: Versace L'Homme

This woody oriental is powerful, assertive, yet never overbearing. The citrus-woody opening of lemon and petitgrain gives way to a very manly, herbal and mossy accord concocted with expertly put together ingredients like oakmoss, leather, labdanum and patchouli. There's a soft green mist which hovers over this potentially overly dry composition and lends it a pleasant softness.

L'Homme's mossy-leathery drydown resembles another classic (Van Cleef pour homme), but I find L'Homme to be less harsh and more coherently put together. L'Homme is superb, and probably Versace's best.
    -

I agree with the comments, Versace L'Homme is one of my favourites, is classy,sexy and is not loud
    at all. I have a couple of backups in my secret stash!!! Congrats on your purchase....

I`ve got a bottle of Versace L`Homme & it is indeed a great scent.

Talk about timing. I *just* received my bottle of it this evening (ordered it along with three other frags).

I definitely like it, but I think it's going to have to grow on me a little more. I am wearing it now and I mostly get incense from it.

Every time I whiff it I am reminded of Catholic Church on a Sunday morning.

Versace L'Homme is beyond compare best Versace's male scent. It is soooooooo much better than this year realized Versace pour Homme.
    One can notice here lemon, cedar, pimento, patchouli, leather. It is pretty manly and my "it-gives-me-more-self-confidence" scent.
    Last edited by peevish_yolk; 19th April 2008 at 10:57 AM.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I like most things, or at least find something to be interested in, and this is one that I just can't get. The topnotes have something really harsh and astringent. Is that the petitgrain? It is a citrus note but one that is utterly utterly dry.

I wore this Versace gem all through my undergraduate years -- a former boyfriend had turned me on to it and it just "stuck." I didn't wear it for years after, but re-discovered it a few years back and am glad I did. Along with Blue Jeans, it's at the top of my personal Versace pantheon.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

This one is another masterpeice ..... without the hype to surround it .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I thought Versace L'Homme was decent though a bit dated. Then I discovered Creed Baie de Genievre-- and to me, that stuff smells what L'Homme was trying to be. Similar types of scents, but the BdG is so much fuller and "muscular." If you like L'Homme, definitely try Baie de Genievre.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I thought Versace L'Homme was decent though a bit dated. Then I discovered Creed Baie de Genievre-- and to me, that stuff smells what L'Homme was trying to be. Similar types of scents, but the BdG is so much fuller and "muscular." If you like L'Homme, definitely try Baie de Genievre.
    Ah yea, BdG...I still find some differences between the two, but yea, they are both of the same type. BdG's vetiver drydown is superb and juniper blast is incredible.
    -