Code of Conduct

Default New Acqua di Parma Mirto Panarea

Has anyone tried this? I got a sample of it a Neimans today. Its awesome. Its smells like sugared lemons. Its so new its not even in the basenotes directory.
    Awesomeguy

Default Re: New Acqua di Parma Mirto Panarea

Part of the Blu Meditarrianio (SP?) line?

Didn't have it when I went sniffing today, but i'm starting to appreciate Colonia

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Part of the Blu Meditarrianio (SP?) line?

Didn't have it when I went sniffing today, but i'm starting to appreciate Colonia
    Yes, it is part of the Blu Meditarrineo line. I didnt realize there were several of them out. But this Panarea is REALLY nice.
    Awesomeguy

I used to work at Panarea Bread.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I don't like it. The juicy grapefruit top is OK, but what follows is soapy at first and then declines into a generic detergent smell. Smells like a cheap $9 cologne to me and makes Fuel for Life look like niche.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I don't like it. The juicy grapefruit top is OK, but what follows is soapy at first and then declines into a generic detergent smell. Smells like a cheap $9 cologne to me and makes Fuel for Life look like niche.
    Don't sugarcoat it - tell us how you really feel!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Yes....this is part of the Blu Med Line which I Love.....I am a BIG Fan of Acqua di Parma.....One of my Niche faves for sure.....I can't wait to try this.....Gary

Do any of the AdP's last longer than a few hours? I've been looking for a summer scent, and some of the AdP's are perfect for that. The only problem is none of the ones I've tried have lasted more than 2 hours... Can anyone recommend one that can last a little longer than that? They are great scents while they last...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Do any of the AdP's last longer than a few hours? I've been looking for a summer scent, and some of the AdP's are perfect for that. The only problem is none of the ones I've tried have lasted more than 2 hours... Can anyone recommend one that can last a little longer than that? They are great scents while they last...
    The AdP line is not known for their longevity. In addition, it seems as if the Blu Med line (especially the citrus ones) are the worst when it comes to longevity.

I am usually able to look past longevity issues, if I really love a scent. Therefore, I think Colonia Assoluta and Arancia are my favorites and I recommend those, however one must really over apply them (12-15 sprays) to really 'get' them. The others in the line, IMO, are not good.

Back on topic - Mirto Panarea sounds good...I love sugared lemon notes. I will try it when I see it, but I can't imagine it'll bowl me over more than Acqua Viva by Profumum already has.

AdP Colonia is a rave of mine, but I really detest the Blu line. I find each one to be generic smelling.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

You and me both. I think it's a typical LVMH cash-in on the AdP brand status.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

So...can you smell the myrtle in this?

I wouldn't know what myrtle smells like, if it walked up to me and crawled up my nose.

The Acqua di Parma line doesn't like to last on my skin either. There's one that lasts a long time and reminds me of Arancia by AdP and it's L'Eau Neuve by Lubin. I think you'll like it too.

I have a sample of AdP Mirto, I find it too "creamy". I think old ladies would love it, but not me.

I have yet to like anything in the blue line. The sound of sugared lemons sounds tart and initially doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in.

Colonia Assoluta would require spraying about 3 times to the same place, but applied so it would last all day. Of course you may reapply it during the day. As far as a know scents with a lot of citrus, the longevity of this one is very good - on my skin of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So...can you smell the myrtle in this?
    I own this one, a friend brought it back for me from the AdP store in the "Italy" section of EPCOT, FL.

I definitely smell the myrtle, citrus and florals. Myrtle is of the laurel family and is an evergreen. So, the scent is sort of like a conifer mixed with lemon drops. In a way, it reminds me of the way a bakery smells. Though sweet, the fragrance is never TOO sweet. I find it very enjoyable and it lasts about 5 hours on me, as does AdP Blu Med Tuscan Cypress. These two are the only frags in the Blu Med line I currently own and enjoy.

Here is a list of the notes, as well as a short blurb on the Mirto fragrance:
    http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/3521291.html

As a side, I LOVE AdP Colonia Assoluta. This one is VERY strong and me, and luckily lasts through a full eight hour work day. I can never wear more than three sprays at a time because my chemistry magnifies this scent so much. I also use original Colonia and Intensa, but these last even less time than the Blu Med line on my skin.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 20th April 2008 at 07:33 PM.

fresh
    light
    faintly floral
    a tad bit sweet
    but come on it's summertime!
    i love this scent; i see myself wearing this through the summer.:bounce:
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.