Code of Conduct

Default your favourite light spring female fragrance?

what do you wear that is light and spring like? I'm looking for something lightly floral, green and sparkly!

Default Re: your favourite light spring female fragrance?

There are lots that I like for spring. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Creed Spring Flower, EL White Linen, Guerlain Champs Elysee, Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica, SL A La Nuit, SL Sa Majeste La Rose, JPG Classique, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle, Thiery Mugler Innocent Secret.

I've missed out quite a few, but these are some of my faves.

Of these, the green and/or sparkly ones are Green Tea, Spring Flower, White Linen and Champs Elysee. Can't really go wrong with those.
    Last edited by Clemmie; 20th April 2008 at 08:42 AM.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

My green spring/summer faves:
    Annick Goutal Eau de Camille
    Gobin Daudé Sous le Buis or Sève Exquise
    Balmain Vent Vert
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

thats a fab idea about the Aqua Allegoria range.....they have them in one of my local stores so will check them out later today...
    these posts have also reminded me to try Bulgari green tea range
    Last edited by kiwigirl; 20th April 2008 at 09:04 AM.

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    Caron Miss Rochaille
    Guerlain Champs Elysee
    SL Sa Majeste La Rose
    Prada Infusion D'Iris
    Different Company Bois D'Iris

Agree with AP Eau Emotionelle - I am wearing it now - very sparkle floral chypre ideal for this season.

I back Spring Flower and Champs-Slysees. Very fresh and green but still intense florals.
    Also, Fracas smells fresh and green on me, it's more of a daytime frangrance for me for that reason.
    Last edited by Frenchie Day; 24th April 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Hello,
    Paco Rabanne Calandre
    Givenchy Le De Givenchy-original

There are a couple scents in my wardrobe that seem especially well suited to early spring: Folavril, Eau de Camille (yes, Annick Goutal seems to have captured spring in a bottle with these two), Fleurs de Rocaille and Dior Remeber Me.
    Narcisse and Hyacinth both seem very spring-like to me, so scents featuring those notes are very appropriate as well. Some examples are Je Reviens, Sabi, Climat, Safari, Paco Rabanne Metal, Madame Rochas, Jacinthe des Bois, and Weil de Weil.
    Last edited by Perfume_Addict; 20th April 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Well, they're not 'sparkling' - but they are my faves!

Both from L'Artisan:

Verte Violette
    La Chasse Aux Papillons

They are absolute springtime perfection!

Really great suggestions above, I do agree with many of them!

I would like to add Chanel Cristalle EdT. It is a one of a kind-perfume, and if it suits you, you will adrore it. It is the frag I am wearing this lovely day of spring.
    Last edited by Margareta; 20th April 2008 at 04:34 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Rive Gauche sparkles, so does Calandre.

I agree with the recs for AA Herba Fresca having had the opportunity to give it a good testing the other day.
    I've also really been enjoying my SL Fleurs de Citronnier lately. Less heavy than most SLs, a little astringent yet with soft, fresh floral notes and an undertone of sexy musk.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

My wife Mira is here chiming in with:

Bvlgari - Eau Parfumee au Thé Vert (Extrême)
    Bvlgari - Omnia Crystalline
    RL - Pure Turquoise

I want to chime in for the AA's, but I love AA Gentiana (sparkle) more than any. This is also the perfect time of year for
    Highland Lilac,
    MS's Genvieve ( ultimate sparkle),
    Zent's Petal (best in the solid for staying power),
    DSH Something Blue (freesia, freesia, freesia--in a good way)
    L'Artisan's Mimosa pour Moi

and last but not least, the YSL Eau de Printemps Paris -- last year's version was a winner.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I agree with the following that have been mentioned already: Champs Elysees, EA Green Tea, EL White Linen and I add O de Lacome. I own all of these but dying to have on my list Prada Infusion d'Iris and Bulgari The Vert.

chanel no 19

surprised that it hasnt been mentioned yet. spring is the first thing i thought of when i first sprayed it. i have to say that prada infusion d'Iris also reminds me of spring.

cheers,
    ryan

Diorissimo (Christian Dior)
    Envy (Gucci)
    Infusion d'Iris (Prada)

Dior Diorissimo for mornings and afternoons .. there is no better lily of the valley fragrance. A superb recreation of a very hard to capture element, the lily note is fused with a green woody accord with soft jasmine.

Creed Love in White for the evenings .. a stunning green white floral composition cut with juicy orange zest which gets rid of that dame like floral cloud that infects many white floral compositions. Look out for the fantastic rice husk note in this one .. it gives the composition a unique steamy foody facet, and the slightly salty and vanillic drydown is another twist in the composition. I think its unisex .. you gotta try it !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    and last but not least, the YSL Eau de Printemps Paris -- last year's version was a winner.

I tried this the other day and REALLY liked it - full strength paris is a bit much for me but this was lovely

I love lily of the valley and lilac, specially in spring. Also honeysuckle.

Some examples: Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella (lily of the valley + lilac - discontinued), Yves Rocher Pur Désir de Lilas, Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence, Eau de Givenchy.

A great tea fragrance is Agua de Loewe.
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

At the risk of repeating myself, the edt version of Comme une Evidence (Un Jour Se Leve)
    is the perfect, light Spring scent. I can't think of anything that beats it.
    Un Jardin Clos or Cabotine come close, however.
    I also love Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger and Eau de Rochas.

Well, I probably sound like a broken record but I gotta go with L'Artisan Ananas Fizz. Sparkly, fresh and not sickly sweet. Mmmmmm. Also, while it's kind of "old n' in the way" I pull out D&G Light Blue this time of year. Can't wait for a hot summer day where it will fit right in when nothing else will.
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

Agree with Champs Elysees, another that I associate with "sparkling" is Yvresse

Three by Jean-Claude Ellena (Hermes): Jardin Sur le Nil (not floral, but the aromatic rushes are close); Perfumee Au Te Vert (carry a spray decant with you, you'll need to reapply it often) or Kelly Caleche, which opens a lot like Nil does have a floral mid.

There are so many great spring scents! These are merely my current favorites....

Diorella ... or perhaps, when it arrives in my mailbox, Dior Eau Fraiche!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Chanel Cristalle, D'Orsay Tilleul, FM Bigarade Concentree and Angeliques sous la Plouie, TDC Osmanthus, Etro Dianthus, Caron Violette Precieuse, SMN Cità di Kyotto, Dior Bois d'Argent. I love them all!

Annick Goutal Le Chèvrefeuille
    Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Jasmine
    Guelrain Figue Iris
    Caron Miss Rocaille
    Last edited by Fragranza; 27th April 2008 at 09:56 AM.

OMG did you just write Figue Iris? Is it new?
    Two of my favourite notes in one scent - where can
    I get it NOW?

I think I'll use Kelly Calèche as a go-to spring scent this year. I received it as a gift this winter but I've saved it for warmer days.

Kewart, you've got to look out for the Aqua Allegorias - Figue Iris, along with Laurier Réglisse, is the new release in this line. I am also curious to smell it, since it features also a milk accord.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Kewart, you've got to look out for the Aqua Allegorias - Figue Iris, along with Laurier Réglisse, is the new release in this line. I am also curious to smell it, since it features also a milk accord.
    If I hadn't already too many light springlike fragrances I would buy Figue Iris at once. It starts a little too lemony, tart and synthetic for my taste but calms down to a milky, fresh, flowery-woodsy fragrance. The lasting power is relatively poor, but that's o.k. for me. It's definitely worth a try.
    Last edited by Fragranza; 27th April 2008 at 12:52 PM.