Code of Conduct

Default Andy Tauer's Current and Forthcoming Projects

I wrote to Andy the other day, asking for a list of his current projects. The following is most of his blog post dated April 18th (http://www.tauerperfumes.com/blog/).

"Kelley asked me in his comment to the last post to “let all of us fans know “all” of the projects you are working on?” . I do so with pleasure.

Projects these days:

First project: Trying to keep up with orders…In summer I will have help for the packaging etc. but until then I am somewhat busy.

Second project: Vetiver. Here, I think the construction of the fragrance is finished. We are talking about the version that I showed briefly at my presentation in LA with Luckyscent this March. I am seriously considering launching this fragrance towards the end this year. Because I really love this scent. It is a little bit like made for myself. But I may make the launch dependent on outsourcing part of the production (see first project).

Third project: The chypre rose. Formula stands and I got quite some mails after I have presented it in LA this march. I think the fragrance is finished, I like it, but I will not launch more than another scent this year (see first project and second project). Thus, the rose might better follow in spring 2009, if I am still alive by then.

Forth project: My lily of the valley scent. On hold these days because I do not get there where I want to be. I wait for inspiration and time (see first project). In the mean time I fool around, hopping from dandelion to dandelion, like a rabbit in spring. ( I do NOT make a dandelion fragrance ;-)

Fifth project: Think about “what to do with Hyacinth and a mechanic” and L’eau d’épices”. I do not really have an answer yet. I do not work on the fragrances, though. The issue here is more: What to do with these “experimental” fragrances? I am thinking about an “experimental line”. To be or not to be; I guess we will see. There is time and many dandelions…"

I really like the idea of an Experimental Line! I hear Andy's L'eau d'epices is fantastic!

Kelley

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Andy Tauer's Current and Forthcoming Projects

I have a sample of the Third project - I didn't know, until reading your post Kelley, that it is a chypre rose.

I might have to dive into that sample next week!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    ...I hear Andy's L'eau d'epices is fantastic!
    It is. As good as Orris.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th April 2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've got a sample of Orris, but i'm scared to use it incase I fall in love with it, am I right in thinking it is IMPOSSIBLE to get ?

Well, Orris is out of production. It was a one shot thing. Andy said that it was literally too expensive to produce except that once. I liked it but didn't love it. On my skin there was this very strange "pot" note that made me cringe. In case my mother is reading this...I really don't have any idea what marijuana smells like, honest! I don't think anyone else complained about that but on me it was bad.

A bit off topic....

I really wanted to get into his creations, but I just felt they lacked in quality ingredients. I've tried his Lonestar Memories (thought it smelt like a drugstore aftershave), L'air and Incense Extreme, and I don't think I'll look into his line any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I've got a sample of Orris, but i'm scared to use it incase I fall in love with it, am I right in thinking it is IMPOSSIBLE to get ?
    You can buy decants here:
    www.theperfumedcourt.com

Paintrman, thanks for the info. I really love several of Tauer's fragrances, but even beyond that I think we're incredibly fortunate to have such insight into the creative process of such a restless and productive artist. Just think of the number of projects he has going simultaneously. And to be able to follow his thinking on the blog is quite wonderful. I think this is a period that we'll look back on as something remarkable.

L'Air has a similar note to SJP Lovely, though I would have to say it is absolutely wonderful!
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Strollyourlobster, you are right! I am absolutely amazed that we have access to such a creative genius. I read his blog almost daily. Can you imagine if Giacobetti or Ellena had a blog and answered questions...personally? I feel honored to observe Andy's creativity.